The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Makeup as a means for lighter skin Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Makeup as a means for lighter skin Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm

KB50MJ

Visitor
Visitor
Has anyone considered using foundation as a means for achieve lighter skin?

I have, mainly becuase I'm on a TIGHT budget.

I tried using 4% Hydroquinone that I bought from an online store. I used it for about 4 days becuase it started to give me acne. So I didn't see any results becuase it was too soon to tell. But the thing is I'm on a budget and I don't have that much money to spend paying for all the HQ, and using creams like that and staying out of the sun at all times. Because If I get in the sun my skin will darken and ruin a lot of hard work.

So what I wanted to do instead was just put on makeup whenever I please and where ever I please to get the desired look and color I want. Plus I don't have to worry about staying out of the sun or wearing sunblock.

So I wanted to just use foundation as a means to have lighter skin.

2Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:15 am

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
I have seen it done before to give it a really natural look, I think theres a technique you use to make it look as natural as possible. I would think using one that is a color stay kind may also be best so that it won't rub off. Are you using retina with your hydroquinone? Because it's probably coming from the retina since most people experiences this due to all of the oil and dirt trapped under the skin is now being pushed to the surface and one of the ways is through acne. Which is normal, it's just cleansing your pores and should improve in the next few weeks.

3Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 am

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
You may want to consider a concealer that "corrects" the areas you want, compared to powder and foundation can someimes look heavy and noticeable. depending what brand you use.

apply after cleaning your face, an oil-free/ alcohol-free toner is a good idea too you can get from any store. then your sunblock or sunscreen, whichever one you use. you can apply your concealer with a makeup brush or paint brush about the same size and rub it in a little with your finger. But, if a spot is open or was bleeding, don't try to cover it until it closes because it will be even more obvious and make it look worse.

4Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:40 am

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
you have to use the color that matches your skin perfectly so that people can't notice it. Theres dermabrand, sephora, and clinique I know have good brands or this. you can also look around walgreens or walmart, they'll usually have some to choose from too.

5Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:01 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
KB50MJ,
so have you actually tried this method? Just curious to know how you maintain it. What about smudging / smearing? It does seem like a lot to worry about, especially if your natural colour starts peeking through.

6Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:03 pm

KB50MJ

Visitor
Visitor
Thanks guys for the tip.

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], no I haven't tried it yet. I'm going to soon though.

7Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
if you do try it, test it out at home first and see if you can get one that's more smudge-proof..although this isnt a 100% method. I wear foundation on very very special occasions because each night you'll have to really wash it off.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

8Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
I sometimes use a little concealer to hide my acne scars on my face at least until the scars fade away. it does the job in the mean time.

9Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Well KB50MJ, you are going to have to let us know if you manage to get away with it and if you do, what brand you try. Good Luck hun [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
P.S. By the way I promise when I win the lottery that I will send you a little something for that "tight" budget of yours !! LOL

11Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:35 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Hey send a little something for all of us, aye...lol. I'll test out some deoxyarbutinand that lightening booth [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

12Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:53 pm

beautifulskin

Visitor
Visitor
Whatever makeup you decide to go with try matching it to the lighter areas of your body ie. your neck. I love MAC cosmetics they have some really good powder.

13Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:31 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
GG, don't worry I have something extra special for you when I win !!! LOL

14Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
cupcakes!!

15Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Sun May 09, 2010 6:22 pm

pinkmoscato

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
New here.. HELLO ALL Smile I have learned that using concelar a few shades lighter in the eye are, around lips, sometimes even applied with a wet sponge and gently dabbed ALL OVER,, then apply your pwder..
Now for the difference between your arms, neck, back, exc.. your own your own.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

16Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Sun May 09, 2010 10:41 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Hi Pinkmoscato, welcome to the club..lol. True, concealer can work nicely in covering shadows underneath the eyes. Unfortunate for me, I dont like wearing foundaion or concealers much. But, I love eyeliner.

17Makeup as a means for lighter skin Empty Re: Makeup as a means for lighter skin Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:13 am

David147

Accepted
Accepted
Well whenever you take a bath put some lemon juice in it it lights your skin but it will take some time to do it.Also milk apparently has some bleaching thing in it that also is good for your skin.

BTW if you go to the chemist they have a creams that remove brown scar marks on your skin and apparently they are sometimes used to bleach your skin .

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com