The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

1Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hello, and welcome to the Skin Philosophy Skin Care Forum. We encourage new members to take a moment to tell us a little about themselves--Who you are and what are your hobbies? Where are you from? What do you like and dislike? and why you chose to join our community.

If you are going to start an introduction thread, please make it worthwhile for others to read. Enjoy your time at TSP. Please read the FAQs and Rules, familiarize yourself with the stickies and announcements in the different forums, and take the time to read what you write before you post it.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

151Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:28 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Calista wrote:Hello Everyone,
Thanks, for allowing me to join your great community. I see so much wonderful and helpful information. I hope I can provide helpful information based on my personal experiences as well.
A little about me: I have had problem skin since college. I used to have extremely oily skin, a condition that only worsened with the stress of school and work. I have been to many dermatologists and have tried just about everything under the sun for acne, dark spots, scarring etc. I feel I'm an acne veteran and I'm very familiar with most treatments. I also have sensitive skin (yay for me! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) and scar easily. I'm always on the look-out for new solutions to make life easier. I would love to share what knowledge I have. I look forward to chatting with all of you. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

welcome, and looking forward to information you can share with us. hope you enjoy yourself in the process

from the Cool guy,lol

152Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:57 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Bonjour Calista and welcome to the forum.
I hope you will post and share what knowledge you have, I myself had acne troubles for a little in high school ( I don't now lol) and know the many different methods people try to rid themselves of acne to no avail.

Hope you enjoy yourself here

153Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:14 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
calista,

A warm welcome to the board and thank you for taking the time to letting us know a little about yourself. We look forward to your posts and any info that you think may help others, from your own experience.

154Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:09 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big Welcome Calista, so happy to have you here and I know we will have much to converse with one another. Any questions and we'll do our best in providing advice.

155Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 pm

EggoMini

EggoMini
Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Golden Girl wrote:
EggoMini wrote:Hi all!

I've been on the other well-known skin forums and only found this one today. I recognize a few names!

My skin issues were & are mostly sun damage on normally exposed areas (face, back of neck, outer arms, tops of feet etc.) and melasma on my cheeks. (face cheeks). I was faithfully using lighteners, peels and sunscreen for a while. Then I went to a sunscreen only regi and the patches came back on my cheeks. So i'm back to my old regi for like the last 3 weeks.. & already see results.

I sometimes wish my skin wasn't so high (IMO) maintainence but it's what I have to deal with for even skin i guess.

Hello and hugs too all! I love you

Hi Eggomini, glad to have you here and I have missed reading your posts! I do recall viewing your before/after pics and loved your results. Welcome.

MAHARANI wrote:Eggomini,

Hiya. I did notice that you had been away for sometime over there and wondered where you had got to. Glad you found the forum. I know your experience will be much valued here. A very warm welcome and happy EVEN lightening !!!

Alizee love wrote:Eggomini- that's why I have not tried them; the price and I can buy a couple bottles of wine for that price.
How light do you think you got?
As for the hq, I haven't heard of an orange tan. Could it be from the amount or the combination with the peels. I do know hq is recomended for a six month usage but I have read of people using it linger and being ok; maybe it depends on your tolerance

Hi Alizee, Maharani, & GoldenG! I love you

Al, I never figured out what was up with the orange effect..i just stopped. i asked on Ess Cee Tee & some said it was only a phase of the lightening, an other advise to increase my moisturization.

it was really like an orange bronzing & darkening effect on my face and neck. When I stopped and went back to Likas, peels, Othine(hq 3%...so i don't think i have probs with hq) or FF Parfait, it went away.

after i finish a couple of months of LA, I might retry the HQ/RA on my arms, knees, etc... if I need it. I have grouchy skin, so we'll see! Surprised

156Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hmm it does dound like you have sensitive skin. Have you ever tried fair & white? They do work but you redarken very quickly once you nolonger use it.

157Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 am

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
Hi everyone ,
I'm khushbu i join this forum for a week now and is feeling at home already, because i 'm reading GG and Maharani from a years on ask me help desk ,withaout any participation because my english is very bad and primary. i hope you guys understand me because i need a help for skin lightening and i'm novice in this matter.
currently i'm using ra 0,05% and mq 10% for a week andmy skin's peeling like crazy.
My goal is to learn as much about good skin care and lightening ,i'm looking forward to grow with everyone on this forum thank you.

158Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:29 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Weclome khushbu Very Happy

159Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:13 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Welcome to the board and nobody will make fun of your English. This is a forum not an English class lol.

The high percentage ret a is causing the peelinng, you might want to try a lower dosage if it becomes too much

160Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:08 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged

welcome khushbu, whats up, whats up, whats up, whats UUUUUUP
hope you have fun here

161Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh I forgot to ask if you've tried other lighteners and what your goal shade is Very Happy.

Hope that wasn't to nosy lol

162Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:34 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
HI khushbu,

A very welcome. It's always nice to meet new people. I really hope that you are able to achieve your goal and I am sure that you will find that everyone will be happy to help you along in order to get there.

If you find that the peeling is too intense, then, as Alizee love has mentioned, it may help to try the Retin A at a lower percentage or alternatively you can reduce the frequency that you apply it. So you could just use it every other day or every few days. You can also try bufffering it, which means that you can apply a plain moisturiser either before, after or with the retin A. This helps to reduce the effect of the Retin A, so it is not as intense. Once your skin adjusts to this, you can then gradually go back to nightly application without the moisturiser.

Was also curious to know whether you have tried anything else prior to your MQ/RA regime?

163Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh and I know this goes without saying but don't forget the SPF 50+ Smile

164Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:25 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
khushbu wrote:Hi everyone ,
I'm khushbu i join this forum for a week now and is feeling at home already, because i 'm reading GG and Maharani from a years on ask me help desk ,withaout any participation because my english is very bad and primary. i hope you guys understand me because i need a help for skin lightening and i'm novice in this matter.
currently i'm using ra 0,05% and mq 10% for a week andmy skin's peeling like crazy.
My goal is to learn as much about good skin care and lightening ,i'm looking forward to grow with everyone on this forum thank you.

Happy welcome Khushbu, glad to have you here. Don't worry about your english, just do your best in your description and we'll help you along the way with answers. I agree as mentioned above that Ra will cause skin to exfoliate and peel away. The 0.05% ra is mostly used percentage and will also make your skin to peel, along with mequinol. A lower strength such as 0.025% ra or adapalene (another retinol type that is milder). Also another good idea of alternating to every other day with Ra is another alternative to consider.

Mequinol 10% is a higher and stronger strength, do you dilute it down &/or mix it with your ra before applying to your skin? Reducing it to rather a 4% or 5% strength is still effective, and possibly less irritating to your skin.

165Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
d**n! I wish all these welcome messages were for me!!lol
Welcome khushbu and you sure will like it here

166Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:18 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
To make ya feel special, "WELCOME TO THE BOARD:)" lol

167Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Viola wrote:d**n! I wish all these welcome messages were for me!!lol

lol..Viola big hugs and welcome girl, I am honestly very happy that your here as well and love reading all of your posts! Yeah, this is our throw down thread..lol

168Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

lol..Viola big hugs and welcome girl, I am honestly very happy that your here as well and love reading all of your posts! Yeah, this is our throw down thread..lol

169Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

170Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

171Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:19 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged

172Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow I guess I'm not the head of the welcoming wagon anymore lol

173Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow I guess I'm not the head of the welcoming wagon anymore lol

174Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 am

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
Thank you very much to all of you , for this warm wellcom. i 'm very immotional personne and you have tuched my heart . thanks again.

in France we can easily get ra 0,05% so i'v started with it but it's strong for me. since today i 'll put every other day.

my body is ligh tyellow , my face is tan , and my arms are dark brown. i don't know why but it's been always like this. people kiding that my arms and face belong to other personne. it complexed me alot, so i would like to give them a same colour of my body. if it shoot me why not more lightening every where.

Ya i'v tryed bio claire, 55H+ crystaline for like 3 months but it giveme thayroïde proleme. nobody mention this but every time i try any lightening stuff i face a hormones problem. is there any one in the same case ?

175Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 7 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:33 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
khushbu,

would you mind elaborating on what you mean. How does it affect you?
I know that Bio Claire contains steroids and causes all sorts of problems, like skin thinning, stretch marks, skin blackening etc. but have not come across what you have mentioned.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com