The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 14]

1Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hello, and welcome to the Skin Philosophy Skin Care Forum. We encourage new members to take a moment to tell us a little about themselves--Who you are and what are your hobbies? Where are you from? What do you like and dislike? and why you chose to join our community.

If you are going to start an introduction thread, please make it worthwhile for others to read. Enjoy your time at TSP. Please read the FAQs and Rules, familiarize yourself with the stickies and announcements in the different forums, and take the time to read what you write before you post it.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

51Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:02 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
A warm welcome Indigo. Really looking forward to your posts. I am sure you will enjoy it here !!!

52Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:10 am

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
Welcome Indigo and Sara. I already enjoy reading your posts and look forward to reading more. thanks.

53Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:19 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
SLB,

So true, they have been a great addition to the board !!!

54Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Callmefab

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi all, this is Calmefab, I stumbled on this forum by accident, and I'm enjoying the friendly reception already. I am also quite keen on skin and hair care especially if its organic. My goal is to to even my skin tone and lighten about 2 shades. I wish everybody a safe & successful lightening!

55Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
Welcome Callmefab and we're happy to have you here! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

56Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:34 pm

Indigo

Indigo
Visitor
Visitor
Callmefab welcome to the board.!!!!

57Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Callmefab

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Thanks guys

58Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Warm welcome Callmefab! I look forward to reading and sharing ideas and tips on organic skin and hair care with you.

59Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:18 am

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Welcome new members

60Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty newbie Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:01 am

frenchgirl

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I just thought i'll introduce myself as i'm a newbie. Anyway, i'm interested in skincare and would like to lighten my skin three shades lighter. Any suggestions?

61Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:41 am

Emo chik

Emo chik
Visitor
Visitor
Welcome to TSP french girl, and all other newbies.

62Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:56 pm

frenchgirl

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Thanks emo girl Wink

63Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:14 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big welcome French Girl, glad to have you here!

64Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Just wanted to pop in and say hi! New member here. I love this forum as there is a wealth of information and knowledge to gain.

65Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:02 am

LiteNYellow

LiteNYellow
Accepted
Accepted
Welcome Allure, it's always great to have another addition to our board. I know you'll enjoy it here as well.

66Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:54 pm

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
A warm welcome to all the newbies.

67Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 am

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
Warm welcome Allure.

68Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Sat May 01, 2010 2:51 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big welcome Allure. We are glad to have you here.

69Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Thanks for the warm welcome! Mon May 03, 2010 10:02 am

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks for the warm welcome! I love this forum and will be making use of everything I hope to learn! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

70Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 04, 2010 9:29 am

Amyyy

Amyyy
Visitor
Visitor
Hey guys.I love the site, its deffo one of the best I have seen for skin lighting.

My story.

I am an 18 year old black girl what just wants to be 2 shades lighter.It's like when I was aged 0-5 I was light but when I started getting older the darker I became lol I really don't know why

What I have used in the past

When I was around 16 I started using bio-claire. Trust me , the first day I used it lightened my whole face very well. Parts of my arm and legs were also getting lighter. I thought bio-claire was the best lol not.

Why I stopped

After a few months bio-claire started acting crazy. My face got even darker than my original color. It also made my hands look really not nice. I use to laugh at the old african ladies who you could tell were bleacing because their face was light and their hand was super dark. But what bio claire did to me was lighten parts of my hand and leave dark bits Mad .

71Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 04, 2010 10:07 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Big welcome Amyyy, so happy to have you here!! And we have basically became a family here, doing our best to research, offer, and inform the most effective methods, ingredients, and products that will help us all in acheiving and maintaining our goals. Also of what doesn't work and is a waste or damaging to our skin in the short or long-run.

Well, I can also relate with your experiences. Young being lighter in shades, tanning, and testing of what works and what didn't. Bio Claire also being one of the first skin lightening brands that I and several others had used and also saw quick lightening a couple of years back when I first tried it. Tried it due to the rave of quick lightening that I was reading about and was fairly cheap. This is unfortunately due to steroids, which I later learned the hard way and had explained some of the side effects I had later received such as skin thinning, clogged pores, burned darkened skin, and dark acne marks Crying or Very sad. So, yes Bio Claire began to act crazy on us who also used it. Unfortunately this was never even posted on the label....well, it was with a disguised name that was called "Bio Vegetal Activator" hmmmm..lol

But long story short, there are ways of achieving and reaching your goal (2 shades) and then maintain it with skin and body remaining healthy. So feel free to ask and share!

Last edited by Golden Girl on Thu May 06, 2010 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

72Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 04, 2010 10:27 am

Amyyy

Amyyy
Visitor
Visitor
Thanks Golden Girl Very Happy

Pleasure to be part of the fam.

73Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 04, 2010 11:02 am

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
wlecome here Amyy wow bio claire the evil of all.

74Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 04, 2010 2:35 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
hello and bonjour all, I had posted in another section and was told to introduce myself as it may allow people to offer better advice if they knew what I was looking for and more information about me.
well herer goes nothing and I am sorry for any typos lol
I was on askemehelpdesk.com looking for information regarding skin lightening tips and advice and amongst all of the spam and scams I came across Golden girl and found her to be quite informative. I asked about different products and she was kind enought to reply with out trying to sell me anything and invited me to join here.
I am very new to skin lightening and at first thought about using monobenzone but after further research discovered it is a skin dipigmentaion and is used for vitiligo patients. I was never really that into skin products and simply used water and soap lol. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Then I hit puberty and everything changed, I had some really bad acne break outs so I used proactive and it really did work. It worked better then most of the other cheaper things and way better then regualr ol' soap and water. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ever since then I have been less hesitent to spend a little extra on skin care products. After all, your face is the first thing people see and they will judge you on it; it is human nature. I plan to learn as mch as I can about skin care products and all the do's and don'ts. As stated above I plan on lightening my skin with effective but safe products.
A little about me: I am of mixed heritage, my father is half or maybe even less african-american and white French; my mother is american and is of Scandinavian heritage. My great grandfather came to France after WWI and married a white parisian, they had children who then married other native born french people all the way to my father who married my mother; he is the only not married to a french scandalous I know lol. I myself was born and raised here in the states but have always gone back to france to visit family and was raised with french ideas but in english lol. My french is only what I have heard my father say [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In regards to my skin tone, I suppose you could say compare my colour to that of tyra banks or maybe even oprah.More of a light to medium brown skin tone. I would like to get one maybe two shades lighter, I had thought of three but that might be borderline michael jackson white lol.
I look forward to posting here and hope you didn't mind the long post and slight rambling. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

75Tell Us About Yourself! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tell Us About Yourself! Tue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Amyyy

Amyyy
Visitor
Visitor
Hello sarah

Welcome alizee

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•