The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:55 pm

LiteNYellow

Accepted
Accepted
Nutrition Tip of the Day

For the healthiest heart keep the overall fat content of your daily as low as possible. The best fat choices are the monounsaturated fats found in nuts, olive oil, and avocados. Limit the saturated fats in red mets, cheeses, and butter. Avoid any foods with trans fats - any containing partially hydrogenated oil in the ingredient listing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 Re: Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:18 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
Me and my sister were talking about this, the other day. It is amazing how when you buy things you don't really look at the ingredients. Well I don't generally but I am getting better at it. She pointed out the hydrogenated fats in some biscuits that I was eating and totally put me off them.

3 Re: Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:09 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
lol... yeah, even several skin care products have hydrogenated fats in them too instead of the pure thing. This was one of the negative with makari and I was wondering if this is one of the reasons as of why many get clogged pores from the amounts that makari uses.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

4 Re: Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:32 pm

LiteNYellow

Accepted
Accepted
This also applies for people who have a higher metabolism and are thin as well as lower metabolism and don't burn fat as easily. Even our bodies change over the years and metabolism slows, so we have to strive to practice good habits now to prevent as much as we can of having more health problems later on.

5 Re: Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:43 pm

wandnancy91

Visitor
Visitor
I eat more bread than rice to reduce weight. I don't eat bread without cheese or butter. This maybe the reason why I lose weight very slowly. Because of what you inform me, I think I will only use peanut butter next time. Thanks very much.

6 Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:11 am

David147

Accepted
Accepted
Limit foods like cakes, biscuits, pastries and savoury snacks. These foods are termed ‘discretionary foods’ and are foods that should be limited sometimes and in small amounts. Cakes, pastries, biscuits, pizza, hamburgers and hot chips are one of the main sources of saturated fat in our diets.
Swap full fat dairy foods for reduced, low or no fat dairy foods for all family members more than two years old. You will remove 4 kg of saturated fat from your diet in a year if you do this with 1 cup of milk, two slices of cheese and a small tub of yoghurt a day. You can remove even more by choosing no fat foods.
Swap butter for a margarine spread made from canola, sunflower, olive or dairy blends. Just doing this with your morning toast and sandwiches at lunch will remove 2.85 kg of saturated fat from your diet in one year.
Cut the fat. Trim all visible fat from meat, remove skin from chicken and try to avoid processed meat (e.g. sausages and salami). Look for products that have the Heart Foundation Tick.
Eat two to three serves of oily fish a week. A serve of fish is 150 g, which is about the size of your whole hand. Including fish two to three times a week instead of meat or chicken is a simple way to reduce saturated fat in the diet while getting the added benefits of omega-3. Add fish oil capsules and omega-3 enriched foods and drinks to your diet if you’re not eating enough oily fish.

7 Saturated Fats & Trans fats tip on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:36 am

David147

Accepted
Accepted
Saturated fatty acids have all the hydrogen the carbon atoms can hold. Saturated fats are usually solid at room temperature, and they're more stable — that is, they don't combine readily with oxygen. Saturated fats and trans fats are the main dietary factors in raising blood cholesterol. The main sources of saturated fat in the typical American diet are foods from animals and some plants.

What are trans fats?
Trans fats are unsaturated, but they can raise total and LDL ("bad") cholesterol and lower HDL ("good") cholesterol. Trans fats result from adding hydrogen to vegetable oils used in commercial baked goods and for cooking in most restaurants and fast-food chains.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum