The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Creme Review

Fair & White Exclusive Whitenizer Gel Crème for my face. I had bought it from Amazon for around $14 (I'm including the shipping & handling). The dark blue 1oz (30ml) tube and gold box packaging, I assumed would probably last maybe 3 weeks, especially since I naturally use more amount of product, but it was able to last me for 5 weeks.

On their site they state to use for 6-8 weeks to see much of a difference before giving up on it. It's texture is more like a opaque serum, rather than a crème or gel. Their active ingredient is hydroquinone, so if Hq is not your ingredient to use, this product may not be for you.... (continued)

*Update 4/21/2010: if you decide to try this gel, please keep in mind that this was recently tested to contain 8% hydroquinone. I personally prefer 3% or 4% Hq, as a lower concentration can lighten quite well when used along with a good exfoliant. I'm hoping that F&W will lower this concentration by half [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please Log In To Read The Complete Review & Analysis:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Golden Girl on Sat May 08, 2010 12:48 am; edited 19 times in total (Reason for editing : http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/rapex/create_rapex.cfm?rx_id=106)

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on Wed May 19, 2010 9:56 pm by Alizee love

And before I forget, does adc sell either papaya, kojic acid, licorice, and/or likas soap? I couldn't find any of them.

Post on Thu May 20, 2010 10:37 pm by Golden Girl

I know that ADC has a papaya facial scrub for around $10 usd, I doubt any of the rest they offer. But, it would be much cheaper getting it off from Amazon or Ebay instead of ordering it from ADC. I usually just [ick the most reliable seller with good customer feedback.

Post on Thu May 20, 2010 11:25 pm by Alizee love

Yeah I saaw that but I want the soap...pooh

Well then I'll amazon Very Happy

Post on Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 am by allure

Alizee, I bought my likas from Yollies.com. It worked out a little cheaper than amazon even though yollies has a storefront on amazon. I think I saved a few dollars on shipping and they sent me a 10% coupon for my next order.

Post on Fri May 21, 2010 7:33 pm by Alizee love

I love coupons. Lol.
how muchwas it?

Post on Fri May 21, 2010 8:41 pm by Golden Girl

Alizee love wrote:It may just boil down to who can deliver to a p.o. box lol.

Seriously thou I'm leaning towards ret a .1% ( maybe I should start w/ .05%?) And hq4% but 5 would be better. Now just so I'm clear I should apply the hq then ret on and do it twice a day or should I mix them in my hand and apply together? Or will either do?

I would suggest starting off with 0.05% retin-a, and if your skin is very sensitive, a milder 0.025%. I still use 0.05% and have used 0.1% ra and they both give me nice results. 5% Hq I feel that people should go no higher than that. But 4% works great, even 3% hq is good and the Ra helps deeper penetration. 4% Hq/0.05% Ra is quite potent and gave me really lightened results. The higher the strength in Hq, the greater the risk, 4% is usually the most prescribed because they give results and still not bordering the safety zone of it.

Post on Fri May 21, 2010 10:33 pm by Alizee love

Thanks for the insight golden. Very Happy

Since I plan on using hq and ret a on my whole body and for a long period of time, I believe I should use 4% and .05 to let my skin adjust. Its been a week since I finished with the f&w so I will order from adc Monday; this way my skin has a good two weeks inbetween the treatments

Post on Sat May 22, 2010 9:29 am by MAHARANI

Alizee love,

Not sure if you have mentioned it anywhere else, but how did you find the F & W ?

Post on Mon May 24, 2010 9:21 pm by Golden Girl

Alizee love wrote:Thanks for the insight golden. Very Happy

Since I plan on using hq and ret a on my whole body and for a long period of time, I believe I should use 4% and .05 to let my skin adjust. Its been a week since I finished with the f&w so I will order from adc Monday; this way my skin has a good two weeks inbetween the treatments

Do let us know how it works out.

Post on Wed May 26, 2010 2:07 pm by Guest

Alizee,

Did the F&W worked for you?
And how long are you been using it?

Post on Wed May 26, 2010 6:08 pm by Alizee love

Maharani- I got it from a friend who did not care for the acne breakouts it caused him; there was less then half full.

Arebama I do believe it worked for me but I only used it for three weeks or so since there was less then half in the bottle. I had some kojic soap I had bought on a trip to New York.

I would say I got a half shade lighter or maybe since it mostly evend out my skin it just looks lighter.

Gg do you or anyone know where I can buy kojic acid and/or papaya soap for a fair price? I apologize if I already asked

Post on Thu May 27, 2010 12:53 am by Golden Girl

Alizee I have purchased my likas papaya soap from amazon.com. Same for papaya kojic acid soap I used the diana stalder brand I tried from amazon, but also from a couple of retailers on Ebay, one of the retailers was called South gain I believe.

I'll try looking through my old emails and see if I can find more exact info since it has been like a year since I last used DS.

Post on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:02 am by Natalia

Hair gel is a hairstyling product that is used to stiffen hair into a particular hairstyle. The results it produces are usually similar to, but stronger than, those of hair spray, and weaker than those of hair glue or hair wax.

Post on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:42 am by Alizee love

Thanks gg

Natalia- you do know fair & white exclusive whitenizer gel creme is not for the hair but a skin whitening gel? Lol

Post on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:36 am by MAHARANI

Natalia,

your post has been edited to remove the link posted without prior permission of the administrator.

Post on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:16 pm by Golds

I originally intended this for Maharani. Hi MRX... I was wondering if you in addition to somebody else with some experience can answer this.
A long time ago to lighten the skin on my face overall I was recommended to do a LA peel. I did it and was careful not to leave it on for >2 mins. My skin was kind of dark to start with (slightly lighter than Denzel Washington). I did the peel and always used sunscreen SPF 100 but I feel the skin on my face has darkened a little more.
Here is my question: what do you think about using F&F face lightening cream Facial Lightening Cream | Skin) to lighten? Will it help? Will it cause any irritation or darken skin even more if I were to shave on a regular basis and have the face exposed for about 5 minutes a day while walking from the parking garage to the building? Will it lighten? I do not want to use a cream that may contain Salisilic acid , LA etc apart from other lighteners as I know that it will make me a lot more susceptible to the sun and darken. Also everyday the distance between the parking lot at my workplace and my building is about 0.3-0.4 miles. This is in the open sunlight and there is no way I can avoid it. I wear sunscreen. But I feel that since using the peels my skin has become a bit darker ( body is pretty light). Again the face and arms are definitely darker than the rest of my body. No matter what I have done to get my face to be the same color as my body it does not seem to be coming anywhere even close ( tried different things). on the contrary it only seems to make it more susceptible to tanning and makes it darker though I religiously use sunscreen,. Once I go into the building I am there all day. The only exposure is the artificial light from CFL tubes and some light from the window.
Please help! I need something that may be a bit slow but which will deliver visibly lighter results and will not make me live completely in a bubble. afterall I am not asking for very very light skin.
I would greatly appreciate some good experienced input.
Thanks

Post on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 am by angeleyes

Hi Golds there is alot of controversy about the fair and flawless range and whether they are honest in what is contained in them. Admittedly the facial cream is not one of the ones that I believe has been brought into question, though if I am wrong please someone let me know.For me if I was to use it I would only be using it a few times a week just in case there was anything harmful in it.
As for your sunscreen I would suggest that you try and use something with a physical block(zinc oxide) as they offer better protection than the ones that say very high SPF. There is a link which shows some of the better ones and I believe that shisheido have a good one that has a lot of good reviews.

Once you start doing any sort of chemical peels or use retinoids I am afraid that you have to make the sun your enemy and avoid it as much as possible otherwise you will darken. Try investing in a long peaked basebball hat and avoid the sun by travelling in the shade where you can and when it is less hot. If you can regular re application of the sunblock also will help. What sunblock are you using at present?

Post on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:00 pm by GOTHQUEEN

I agree with angeleyes. F & F has had very mixed review.Some rave about it and others say there has been little change using it. That is on top of the speculation of what they actually put in it in the firt place. The facial cream is one of the cheaper products out of the range so may be worth a try if this is the route you want to go. I also concur that once you begin chemical exfoliation that your skin immediatley becomes vulnerable to the sun and you cannot just rely on sunblock for your protection. There is only so much that a sun cream can do so you have to avoid it as much as you can yourself otherwise you are setting yourself up for a never ending battle

Post on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:11 am by Alizee love

I agree with what the two posters above me have said. Fair and Flawless is an underground cosmetic and there aren't studies done on it so really its a toss up. I would say the face cream and Suntan Removal are creams I've heard nothing bad about, its the 5x gel that is in question. This is mostly to do with the fast results and thinned skin many experience.

I would say start slowly with exfoliation and vitam C serum for that healthy glow and get used to wearin sunblock on a daily basis. Once you've done that you could move onto peels or retin a and then use a lightening product. It is better to go slow and not ruin your skin, don't wanna end up looking like Frankensteins Monster.

Post on Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 am by yogi

Well I hope you have a better experience with Fair and flawless than I did. Yes I was using the questionable 5 x F gel but their under handness in being dishonest makes me not want to trust them period.

Post on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:39 pm by Alizee love

Yogi I tried the parfait and at first I didn't see anything but I can say the skin on my forehead is much smoother and I think the area around my eyes and nose seems lighter but....idk.

Post on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:35 am by Golds

Thanks to everybody for their responses. At least I know that investing in F&F may not be the way to go. What other lightening product would you suggest to achieve overall skin lightening on the face. My skin is brown to start with I I do not want something extreme that will may me overreact and make me darker. All I want is that the skin on my face should be lighter to match the color of the skin of my inner arm. Thats it. I am not asking for anything more. Since peels will make one more susceptible to sunlight can some ligtening product be used without chemical peels? I know that the process may be slow this way but since I do not want EXTREMe results will this work gradually over time? Please let me know.
Alizee you have suggested exfoliation and then using Vit C serum. What kind of exfoliation do you suggest apart from peels. Scrubbing the skin with beads only irritates it and makes it darker for me. Will using Vit C make skin more vulnerable to the Sun? I use a sunblock ( Neutrogena) anyway.

Post on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 am by KIM

Golds does the sun cream have zinc in it? These are the best ones to get. The chemical ones break done very easily and do not offer the best protection

Post on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:41 pm by Alizee love

Yeah zince sunbocks are the way to go, others create free radicals and can even help you get darker.

Golds- it doesn't sound like you want lighten so much as get rid of a permatan. In that cause using an exfoliating bath sponge or brush and using an exfoliating sopa like likasa papay which can be found on Amazon. Using a glycolic wash soap would also be nice. Peels would help but I can see why you'd wanna be hesitant as peels can go wrong if not done right.

Post on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm by Golds

Thanks Kim and Alizee. Nuetrogena dry touch sunblock ( as it is called)does not have zinc oxide. But having said that if I were to use a sunblock with Zinc oxide what are the effects of adding zinc oixde to your system on a long term basis? I'm sure there will be a lot of dermal absorption. If you are applying sunblock everyday over the years you are adding a lot of zinc to your system beyond what is needed. Also any recommendations for a sunblock? My skin is very oily and I cannot use anything that is oily..... it not only makes me look like an oil ball but also causes acne.
Also Alizee will just exfoliating alone bring the skin on my face to the same color as the rest of the inner arm. Also wont regularly scrubbing the skin , irritate it and make it more darker and also make it more vulnerable to UV?
I am a bit confused.
Also what do people here think about glutathione pills. I see some good reviews for it on amazon. Though my first preference would not be to ingest something it may be OK if it is safe and produces results.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum