The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 Neoprosone gel on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 pm

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok, so I got impatient and purchased some neoprosone gel, cream and lotion. Guess what? The main ingredient in the cream is only2% hydroquinone, and the only lightening ingredient in the gel is arbutin. I've been using it on my arms for two weeks so far with no results. Maybe they changed their formula to be sold in US???

26 Re: Neoprosone gel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
even i don't fully understand it but yeah, it all comes down to how strict they are and other side agendas.

27 Re: Neoprosone gel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I must the standards of most European countries are higher then here and that's one of the reasons I love their groceries lol. A tomatoe tastes like a tomatoe should; not like water lol

28 Re: Neoprosone gel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:10 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ohh tomatoes, it's interesting you bring that up. tomatoes are one of those plants that has been genetically altered so many times not only has the taste has changed but the tomato species over here is almost fertile, because their so genetically different a lot of them wont grow if you try to plant them.

this worries scientist. have you herd of the DNA storage they have in... i think it's in Antarctica that has the DNA records of almost every plant in the world in case of a plague.

but yeah, as for genetic engineering... were next

29 Re: Neoprosone gel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:24 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes I do. In fact I just say an episode of Life After People and they showed how long those seeds would last in that storage facility; they lasted awhile but. Did eventually die.
My main issues with tomatoes is not just the genetic altering but how they are grown; the greenhouse grows them much too fast and half the time they are picked when not ready. I know they do it in hopes they'll rippen when reaching the store but that doesn't always happen.

What really grosses me out is how much they have genetically alterd chickesn. Those breats are not healthy and most of these corporations such as Tyson strongly. Suggest ( read: force) the farmers to grow for them or risk being driven to bankrupcy. Many times the chickens will die because their organs do not grow as fast as their bodies and can't sustain them. I suggest watching Food Inc., you'll be surprised and possibly unable to eat ffor awhile lol

30 Re: Neoprosone gel on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:33 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Food Inc, i'll check that out tonight.

31 Re: Neoprosone gel on Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 pm

sophiesatine@yahoo.com

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I use the neoprosone with vitamin c that seems to help my face lighten up with in 1 week!

32 Re: Neoprosone gel on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:41 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I use the neoprosone with vitamin c that seems to help my face lighten up with in 1 week!

like one shade?

33 Re: Neoprosone gel on Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow in a week?

Sounds dangerous......

34 Re: Neoprosone gel on Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:30 pm

cordellpuss

Accepted
Accepted
One week is abit too fast, just be carefull what you don't want is some bad sideffects.

35 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:39 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Neoprosone gel has steroids in them, maybe thats why it moves so quickly

36 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:53 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That's what I was thinking and from my understanding, stroid can have long term affects that may take years, if not decades, to make themselves known. That's not to say I haven't been tempted to buy it myself but I'm leery of steroids

37 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:42 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:Neoprosone gel has steroids in them, maybe thats why it moves so quickly
yep..

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

38 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
That's what makes it tempting. It's strength is also actually it's weakenss....it lightens quickly, but it's lightening comes with internal and external consequences.

If the "natural" and "safer" skin lightening products reduced all of their prices with an 80% off..lol price tag until it's costs are more in the normal range for humans, then people would not feel as tempted to purchased unsafe, quick lighteners.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

39 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yup

You can not tell me these fruit extracts cost hundreds of dollars.

The thing is many of these natural lighteners only brighten and tone your skin, hardly any lighten. The dangerous products are much cheaper but much more dangerous. The downside to these steroid products is they can darken your skin after using for an extended period of times. I sometimes wonder if they do this on purpose. Think of it, you sell a product that lightens very quickly it would make your customers want to come back but then when they start to redarken they buy even more the next time.

40 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:01 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
it seems like that with everything, the bad things are cheaper then the good ones look at fast food vs vegetables

41 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Except for clothes. In that case you are paying for the name, except for cologne I love Obsession

42 Re: Neoprosone gel on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
Neoprosone makes 3 different formulations:

1 the one with the 'arbutin complex'

2 the one with the Vitamin C

3 the one with the steroid Beramethasone & the antibiotic Neomycin.

The first one won't do anything for a dark to mid brown skin but could brighten a Caucasian with dull skin.

The 2nd one will give the illusion of lightening through exfoliation (not a bad thing...)

The 3rd one will lighten & exfoliate like crazy. There are dangers & risks with this one, though. You can't slather on too much for too long (as in >50G/wk for >2 wks)Many people get sudden acne type outbreaks from Neomycin and or steroidal agents. the steroid can have systemic effects if overused or misused. It can also cause skin thinning, atrophy & stretch marks. Using small qtys for a short time WITH RA to counter these effects is prudent.

43 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:44 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
How long do you think is an ok to try this for. I am planning on getting some retin A anyway but would like a little boost to kickstart my regime.

44 Re: Neoprosone gel on Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
Only use the steroidal one with RA to preserve your skin's integrity. Wait for the RA to arrive.

45 Re: Neoprosone gel on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Yup

You can not tell me these fruit extracts cost hundreds of dollars.

The thing is many of these natural lighteners only brighten and tone your skin, hardly any lighten. The dangerous products are much cheaper but much more dangerous. The downside to these steroid products is they can darken your skin after using for an extended period of times. I sometimes wonder if they do this on purpose. Think of it, you sell a product that lightens very quickly it would make your customers want to come back but then when they start to redarken they buy even more the next time.

actually they do! fair and flawless being the prime example! you practially have to take a bank loan to shop at that site...

46 Re: Neoprosone gel on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:48 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Ondine wrote:Only use the steroidal one with RA to preserve your skin's integrity. Wait for the RA to arrive.

ok ondine I checked at a couple of my local afro stores and both said they have stopped selling it. Do you know of anywhere online where I can get it please.

47 Re: Neoprosone gel on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:00 pm

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
online at xnic store. You can also get a milder yet very effective steroidal agent, mometasone furoate,at All Day Chemist online. It doesn't contain the Neomycin like the NP does. Many people find NP causes acne on their skin.

48 Re: Neoprosone gel on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:48 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Thanks for the link. I have bought so much stuff that I am holding off for now but have saved it in my favourites for when I have the money. Family are getting suspicious as to why I am getting lots of parcels. I was thinking about getting some of my stuff sent to me at work but I know that one of my co workers has a habit of opening anything that arrives in the mail. that would be too embarrassing.

49 Re: Neoprosone gel on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:34 am

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
Don't order too much at once. that is tempting to do. Make sure you have properly tried & tested what you have on hand to ascertain what works well for you & what doesn't. For example, if you discover that you don't tolerate a given agent well, then it makes no sense for you to buy any product containing the offending agent regardless of how appealing the ad or how many others are using it successfully. Skincare is a very individual affair. What works for you might be useless or even harmful to someone else (like me & Kojic acid. A BIG no-no). Once you get an idea about what is good for you & will help you achieve your goals re your skin, you can target your purchases more specifically to fit into your regimen. This'll save you a lot of money & time wasted experimenting.

50 Re: Neoprosone gel on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:46 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Thanks for the advice. I know I have been doing a lot of buying lately. I have been trying to make up for lost time. lol. I don't plan on buying anything for a while though I may just buy a lactic acid but still shopping around.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum