The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.


- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts


Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.


Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!


All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.


Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.


Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.


The Conversation Chamber



You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 29]

1 My Mequinol Experience on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

101 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:11 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Not that I know of no. It is impotant that you apply sunscreen everyday before venturing out into the sun.

There is a thing called Ochronosis(sp) that turns the skin to a dark blue hue but that is very rare and only for those with really dark skin that use Hydroquinone. But it may or may not be caused, in part, by the environment one lives in.

102 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I just checked and it is spelt ochronosis

I forgot to add it might be due to other ingredients such as phenol, resorcinol and antimalarial agents, which are known to resorcinol and antimalarial agents, which are known to cause ochronosis

103 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 am

Yasmynn

avatar
Visitor
Visitor
Golden Girl wrote:No, contributing members is for anyone who posts regularly like one or more times a week.
Oh, good, I'll share my progress photos too. although I'm looking kinda crazy with two different shades on my face. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (more info in my lactic acid thread). But, at least I know it's working [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

104 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:55 pm

maddle230190


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hey everyone. Does everyone on here get their Mq from goldpharma, or does anyone buy the powder and make their own cream?
Thanks

105 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:04 pm

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
everyone buys theres from golpharma, i don't think anybody mixes it. finding powder is risky and mixing it should be done by a doctor...also, welcome to the forum Very Happy

106 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:30 am

maddle230190


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
thanx for the welcome Smile

107 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:26 am

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Welcome to the forum.

I would not buy it in powder form because you never know what they put in it.

108 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 am

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
powder is hard to find, well the real thing anyway, i rather buy it from goldpharma it's a guarantee 10% mq and it's really cheap. so many things can go wrong with following the powder rout. why take the chances

109 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:59 am

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
And if you don't mix it right you risk severly damaging your skin or just wasting money. I would stick with Goldpharma, they seem reliable.

110 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 am

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Guys, how much is the MQ and ret-a anyway and shipping?

111 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 am

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
And the lactic acid too?

112 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 am

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:Guys, how much is the MQ and ret-a anyway and shipping?

us$ 7.23 (for every tube)
PRESCRIPTION
us$ 7.40 (doesn't change)
SHIPPING FEE
us$ 10.48 (doesn't change)
so 17.88 s&h basically (doesn't change)

solage for example cost about $50 and thats a 2% cream with a prescription

113 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:13 am

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:And the lactic acid too?

Lactic Acid 70% Gel Peel, 100ml/3.4 oz (Professional) for around $40

but some places sell it at 88%, 4oz and under $5

114 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:41 am

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:And the lactic acid too?

Lactic Acid 70% Gel Peel, 100ml/3.4 oz (Professional) for around $40

but some places sell it at 88%, 4oz and under $5



which places sell it at 88% for under $5?

115 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:45 am

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:Guys, how much is the MQ and ret-a anyway and shipping?

us$ 7.23 (for every tube)
PRESCRIPTION
us$ 7.40 (doesn't change)
SHIPPING FEE
us$ 10.48 (doesn't change)
so 17.88 s&h basically (doesn't change)

solage for example cost about $50 and thats a 2% cream with a prescription


I am all the way in Malaysia, will shipping still be US$ 10.48? Do I need a prescription for the MQ and Ret-A?? And roughly how long can one tube last if using it for body and face? By the way, can I mix my ret-a and MQ in my lightening body lotion for lightening?

116 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:44 am

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:Guys, how much is the MQ and ret-a anyway and shipping?

us$ 7.23 (for every tube)
PRESCRIPTION
us$ 7.40 (doesn't change)
SHIPPING FEE
us$ 10.48 (doesn't change)
so 17.88 s&h basically (doesn't change)

solage for example cost about $50 and thats a 2% cream with a prescription


I am all the way in Malaysia, will shipping still be US$ 10.48? Do I need a prescription for the MQ and Ret-A?? And roughly how long can one tube last if using it for body and face? By the way, can I mix my ret-a and MQ in my lightening body lotion for lightening?

you live in southeast asia so i looked it up in shipping details,and they will ship to where you are and it will take 14 days

shipping price is the same no matter where you are and they make you pay for the prescription 7.40 so you don't need one

when you order it they ask you questions like have you used it and what for, i say YES you have used it before and the reason is that you have vitiligo

thats just for the mq you have to buy the ret a somewhere else. at alldaychemist

one tube on your whole body, maybe half a tube at the most, maybe.

you can mix your ret-a and MQ with your body lotion but you would really dilute the mq, you should do the math and find out what % you want

117 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:47 am

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:And the lactic acid too?

Lactic Acid 70% Gel Peel, 100ml/3.4 oz (Professional) for around $40

but some places sell it at 88%, 4oz and under $5



which places sell it at 88% for under $5?

it's at store.homebrew4less but i have never ordered from them and can't vouch for them

118 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You can find lactic at lotioncraft
The ret a at alldaychemist for as low as $3.oo a tube or so.

The thing is shiping is a standard $25 charge so people buy in bulk.

119 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:49 pm

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thank you so much sweeties, it seems relatively cheap so i guess ill just order in bulk... but this is so weird, im thinking cant i get any of those products at a store or pharmacy in malaysia? i thot the MQ and ret a are just creams u can mix together and apply on the skin, i didnt know u had to dilute them as aswell.. how big r the tubes? for instance, how long will one tube last me if i use it only on my face twice daily?

120 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You don't have to dilute the mq or ret a

121 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:09 pm

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:Thank you so much sweeties, it seems relatively cheap so i guess ill just order in bulk... but this is so weird, im thinking cant i get any of those products at a store or pharmacy in malaysia? i thot the MQ and ret a are just creams u can mix together and apply on the skin, i didnt know u had to dilute them as aswell.. how big r the tubes? for instance, how long will one tube last me if i use it only on my face twice daily?

sweeties, i feel like peace candy lol:D the tubes are 20g i'll pm you a picture with it in my hand next to it

you said twice a day, you might want to cut it back to once a day the every other day if you use it on your face only once day it will last you about 2 weeks maybe more,

and because you have to mix it ret a, which is another 20g, the whole mix can last a month, every other day, your looking at 2 months if it's only on your face

122 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:45 pm

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Golden Girl wrote:Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

GG, sorry not understanding you, what are you using to remove scars on ur arms? and will it help to lighten stretch marks and dark knees and elbows too?

123 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Sounds to me that she uses Mequinol and ret a to help with penetration.

I do believe hq can be used for acne scars, stretch marks and sun spot removal among other blemishes

124 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 pm

PorcelainSkin


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Sounds to me that she uses Mequinol and ret a to help with penetration.

I do believe hq can be used for acne scars, stretch marks and sun spot removal among other blemishes

Okay, which hq would you recommend?

125 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 pm

yes___I mean no

avatar
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
everybody seems to use 4%, you can get it at alldaychemist same place you get ret a

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 
  •  

Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum