The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

126My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:20 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:everybody seems to use 4%, you can get it at alldaychemist same place you get ret a

what is it called? just HQ?

127My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:everybody seems to use 4%, you can get it at alldaychemist same place you get ret a

it's actually labeled as Melalite 30 gm, which is bigger than the 20g ret a, and it's only $2 thats pretty cheap, it at alldaychemist heres a link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hope this helps

128My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:34 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

it's actually labeled as Melalite 30 gm, which is bigger than the 20g ret a, and it's only $2 thats pretty cheap, it at alldaychemist heres a link

hope this helps

Ok great, will check it out.. tell me how this regimen sounds to achieve 2/3 shades lighter, address pigmentation and a few blemishes. I can wash with likas papaya soap, and then apply melalite after I've applied the ret a and MQ mixture. And apply sunscreen spf50 every 4 hours and walk around with an umbrella. I can use the same regimen for the body too. Does this sound fine? And do I need to add a scrub/exfoliator to it?

129My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

hope this helps

Ok great, will check it out.. tell me how this regimen sounds to achieve 2/3 shades lighter, address pigmentation and a few blemishes. I can wash with likas papaya soap, and then apply melalite after I've applied the ret a and MQ mixture. And apply sunscreen spf50 every 4 hours and walk around with an umbrella. I can use the same regimen for the body too. Does this sound fine? And do I need to add a scrub/exfoliator to it?

130My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
By the way, that regimen is after I've done lactic acid peels for the first month..

131My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:38 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I was thinking for the body, I could get a vitamin C serum and mix it with the melalite to lighten (2/3 shades) the body and to remove little scars. Or add some MQ into it. What y'all think?

132My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:59 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

hope this helps

oh, i see someone will be busy, it sounds good but your'll be using hq/mq/ra all 3, people usually use 2 at a time but don't let that discourage you using all 3 your bound to see results and fast to i think your be surprised how fast all three work at the same time,

but i have one thing to add, using ra/mq everyday could prove to be to much for your skin maybe mq/ra one day and hq the other

133My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:I was thinking for the body, I could get a vitamin C serum and mix it with the melalite to lighten (2/3 shades) the body and to remove little scars. Or add some MQ into it. What y'all think?

what does tony the tiger say again... thats grrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat,lol but really it is you seem to have everything under controlbut dont forget to add the ret -a a to the hq

134My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:10 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
okay great, ill add the hq, ret a and MQ together as a body lotion and i hope i see a difference in a week. and wash with likas too. thanks sweety, ur a *

135My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:05 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
mixing all three in one lotion, huh thats the first let use know how it works

136My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:09 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:mixing all three in one lotion, huh thats the first let use know how it works

although on second thoughts, I'd like to keep my regimen simple so if everyone is getting good results with just the MQ and ret-a, I guess I can stick to that too. For both face and body that is.. And wash with Likas. I'm thinking though, will my body lighten if I just use MQ and ret a or will I need something stronger for the body as the skin is not as sensitive as that of the face??

137My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:mixing all three in one lotion, huh thats the first let use know how it works

although on second thoughts, I'd like to keep my regimen simple so if everyone is getting good results with just the MQ and ret-a, I guess I can stick to that too. For both face and body that is.. And wash with Likas. I'm thinking though, will my body lighten if I just use MQ and ret a or will I need something stronger for the body as the skin is not as sensitive as that of the face??

mq/ra on your body will work but your ra would have to be a stronger percentage

138My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:18 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
okay great, what percentage of MQ should i get for the face and for the body??

139My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:33 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
they sell it in 10%, nothing more nothing less but you can dilute it which your'll end you doing when you mix it with ra

140My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:37 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:they sell it in 10%, nothing more nothing less but you can dilute it which your'll end you doing when you mix it with ra

That's great, I think I'll have to buy it in bulk if I'm going to use for both my face and body. How much of the MQ and ret-a do you order at a time??

141My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You should order in bulk because while adc is cheap, they have a standard shiping cost of $25.

With the hq/mq/ret ai honestly think that would be too much and you may over exfoliate your skin. I don't mean to tell you not to but to be careful as these chemicals should not be taken lightly.

142My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:53 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:You should order in bulk because while adc is cheap, they have a standard shiping cost of $25.

With the hq/mq/ret ai honestly think that would be too much and you may over exfoliate your skin. I don't mean to tell you not to but to be careful as these chemicals should not be taken lightly.

Okay great, i think ill jsut use the ret a and MQ and leave out the melalite. so i shud just use a higher percent for the body and dilute the MQ wit ret a more for the face right? should i still buy perhaps the apricot scrub for the face and another for the body? im thinking to save on the cost of the sunscreen, i could just apply it on my face every 4 hours but cover up my entire body when im in the sun plus it an umbrella. will that be okay?

143My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:06 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Melalite is hq, its a brand name.

You can use the apricot scrub but be careful as it exfoliates, yes you can just cover up to not use sun screen but I would still put some there in case a sleeve got rolled up and your skin was exposed to the sun

144My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Melalite is hq, its a brand name.

You can use the apricot scrub but be careful as it exfoliates, yes you can just cover up to not use sun screen but I would still put some there in case a sleeve got rolled up and your skin was exposed to the sun

Yeah I know Melalite is hq, I'm just wondering whether I can do without it if I just use ret-a and MQ. I can do without the melalite right? And then perhaps use the apricot scrub both for body and face, perhaps once or twice weekly??

145My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh yeah. You can use mq but be aware it is not fast acting and the ret a helps with peeling and helps the mq penetrate the skin. You may use mq on both the body and face, if you want you can put a diluted mixture on your face and use mq everyday and a mq/ret a mixture every other day.

146My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:43 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Oh yeah. You can use mq but be aware it is not fast acting and the ret a helps with peeling and helps the mq penetrate the skin. You may use mq on both the body and face, if you want you can put a diluted mixture on your face and use mq everyday and a mq/ret a mixture every other day.

Yeah that sound good, thanks. So I can get both the MQ and ret-a at Alldaychemist right?

147My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:16 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ret-a is at Alldaychemist

mq is at golpharma

148My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:38 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:ret-a is at Alldaychemist

mq is at golpharma

Thanks sweeties Wink

149My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
your welcome

150My Mequinol Experience - Page 6 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Remember you have to buy a prescription as well if you go with mq

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com