The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 29]

1 My Mequinol Experience on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

26 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri May 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That's a cheap price.
as of now Im using f&w and when I finish I am thinking of using mq with spf 75

27 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri May 07, 2010 11:41 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:Yayyyyyyy!!!! Enticing you finally got your butt over here to say hello !!! Now you know we are all going to be looking forward to your progress, when you have the time to pass through. .... Don't leave it too long though !!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have to say that my skin has taken on this kind of paleness, almost like I have sunblock on, but nicer, if you understand what I mean. Now I wonder GG when you were using the Nadinola, did your skin kinda look like this, as I am using Nadinola in the morning OR can I account this to the MQ, which would be really great. I must admit that someone asked me if I was mixed today, but I know that I haven't lightened that much !!! But I see a definite brightening in my undertone.

This is getting exciting !!!

Maharani that's great that your seeing great results! Big congrats!!
This could be coming from either the combination of the 2 or from the mequinol. They possibly may also be complimenting eachother? Are you taking pictures as you progress? Perhaps your lightening more than you assumed..which is a definite plus!

28 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri May 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That's is great maharani.
I am mixed so if you got that light I hope I get light as well.
Gg how well does nadiola work? I an fairly certain I shall use either mq 10% with ret a or I will use hq 5% with ret a.
My goal is to get an oliver tone or as close as I can get. I would try pure and white but it looks expensive

29 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 12:08 am

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Also from what I've read that depending on the strength, mq can be semi-permanent. As in when using a lower strength itcan be used as a lightener, your original skin tone can return once completely discontinued with lightening and no form of maintenance. But, your skin doesn't redarken as quickly. Higher levels close to and is 20% is used for vitiligo patients to help depigment the skin white, which is permanent.

Mequinol is known to work at a slower pace in comparison to monobenzone. So far, once place that I'm aware of where the mq is already premixed and a prescription isn't required. You must use tretinoin (retin-a) with mequinol in order for it to work effectively. The mequinol from goldpharma does not include Ra, so it will have to be mixed manually.

I'm also new to mequinol and began using it scars on my arms. Studies have shown that mq is safer than hq.

30 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 12:19 am

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:That's is great maharani.
I am mixed so if you got that light I hope I get light as well.
Gg how well does nadiola work? I an fairly certain I shall use either mq 10% with ret a or I will use hq 5% with ret a.
My goal is to get an oliver tone or as close as I can get. I would try pure and white but it looks expensive

Nadinola contains hq 3% and in my opinon used with a good exfoliator to promote further results. I have been currently been using it on my neck and ears and I am continuing to see steadying lightening maybe 2-2.5 shades. I first started using it on my face earlier this year and in my experience with it, it was lightening my face nicely.

You really don't need hq 5%. I had used hq 4% and Ra 0.025% for about 4 months from late last year to earlier this year and I was able to lighten about 3-3.5 shades with just that. I had stoppedusing the likas papaya soap on my face because it was too much irritation for me on my face. So I later switched to use a more gentle exfoliator neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub. If I had continued using this regimen now, I would have most likely reached Sade's shade. But, since I'm trying different products in order to give more reviews, I do not mind much of the progress prolonging.

I never tried pure and white, do you have a link?

31 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 2:04 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
No I don't I read about in in another thread on this forum and right now I'm on my phone so I cany copy and paste.

Do you know where I can buy mq in high percentage? I want to lighten four to five shades; five would be better. I'll use rat a with it to help and you say it would be permanent?

32 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 2:06 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Sorry that was a typo.
What I meant was pure and perfect not pure and white lol...excuse my stupid fingers :
P

33 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 9:30 am

mistyjane

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi!
I was finally able to find the time to register to the forum. Thanks MAHARANI for inviting me to join the forum.
Hope that i will be helpful enough.
I don't know much but i've been using mequinol/RA for almost 2 months now and i'm very happy with the results...
I lightened like 1,5 shade which is great i think.(2 on my lips, my lips are getting pink now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
I apply meq twice every day. The smell is bad but it gets better. I love my complexion right now. I mean i love love it. I don't need to wear make up now.When i think that last year at this period i was dealing with horrible dark spots from bio claire [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I didn't experiment pain when applying this combo.
I want to wait like 1 month now and really review the product and tell my regimen in a new topic with pics.
All i can say now is that this product works but it works slowly so be very patient if you try it out.
That's pretty much it [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ps: i use it with Ra 0.05 not 0.1 but next week i'm going to up to 0.1 wish me good luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

34 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 10:28 am

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Wow, I'm happy to hear of your progress MistyJane, thanks for sharing that with us. And warm welcome! Do you apply it to your face only or are youalso lightening the body? I agree, although it smells stinky, with time you kind of adjust to the smell..lol.

Also, mix the mequinol with the Ra in your palm and then apply, mix them together in a container, or do you apply the Ra first and then the mq? I look forward to continue to hear of your progress and are an inspiration for me as well. When you have a chance drop by the introductions thread, I know our other members would love hearing from you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] much success

35 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Sounds like you've found the right regmen for you.
Do you apply the mq every night after a shower or do you apply them in the morning? Also what percentage of mq are you using, ten percent?
Well I wish you luck

36 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 3:19 pm

mistyjane

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi GG.
I'm really happy that you answered my post.
I apply the meq only on the face cause my body is really lighter than my face.And also i know that meq goes in the blood so i find it a little dangerous to treat the whole body with it.(just my opinion).
I mix ra and meq in my palm and then rub it on my face .
Alizee, i'm not sure if you were talking to me but yes i use 10% and i se it twicea day: I apply it once in the morning and once at night and always after washing my face.
When i wake up i have to use vichy scrub cause i have dead skin from the peeling process and then i apply some ht26 floral toning lotion it calms my skin.
GG, i'll try to take the time to introduce myself to the other members.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

37 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sat May 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol yes mistyjane I was asking you Razz.
Sounds like a good regimen. Did you purchase your meq from goldpharma? I would probably use the meq on my whole body at least once a week but I like quicker results lol.
You cab try st. Ives apricot scrub for your face; its light and smells great. Do you use kojic or papaya soap to exfoliate?

38 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 8:40 am

mistyjane

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Alizee love wrote:Lol yes mistyjane I was asking you Razz.
Sounds like a good regimen. Did you purchase your meq from goldpharma? I would probably use the meq on my whole body at least once a week but I like quicker results lol.
You cab try st. Ives apricot scrub for your face; its light and smells great. Do you use kojic or papaya soap to exfoliate?
No i don't use kojic or papaya soap.I live in France and we don't have st. Ives products here. But vichy is ok for me. Yes meq is from goldpharma.Meq is not for fast results it works slowly...(for me and my sister) Maybe you'll be lucky and it will work fast on you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

39 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 11:18 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh your in france, yeah I remember when I tried lookingfor St. Ives...never found it lol

40 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 12:23 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
Mistyjane,
So Glad to have you on board. Your experience will be invaluable to those using and considering this regime, so I really appreciate you coming to post what you have found so far. It is great to hear that you are seeing results and I really look forward to hearing how this progresses for you. My fingers are most definitely crossed for you !!!

So you are doing this regime with your sister? Did you start from the same sort of clouring and have your results been similar? Do you have a goal colour or are you like me , where I am just going to see where this takes me, within reason though.

41 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 12:25 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
Do you know what I noticed, like GG mentioned, the smell of the MQ does not seem to bother me as much as when I first started to use it. I know I have diluted mine, but even the weakened version used to irritate me with the horrible smell. Do you think we have become immune ???? LOL

42 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 12:30 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
Oh and to GG, I have not taken any pictures, which I know I should do to really chart my progress, but I have someone that I am able to compare my colour to gauge any lightening. LOL. Trust me, it works and once I am able to match their tone, I know that I am heading in the right direction. I know that somehow my skin undertone has really brightened and I did notice that someone else mentioned that they also saw a paleness to their skin that I have also been seeing. By the way Mistjane , have you noticed this ?

43 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 12:37 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
Alizee love wrote:No I don't I read about in in another thread on this forum and right now I'm on my phone so I cany copy and paste.

Do you know where I can buy mq in high percentage? I want to lighten four to five shades; five would be better. I'll use rat a with it to help and you say it would be permanent?

Alizee love,
Goldpharma are now stocking MQ at 20 %, but this is where you may be going into unknown territory, as I believe most of us are using 10 % or below. In all honesty I would not go any higher than 10 and see how you go with that. I have personally decided to try it at 2% by diluting it. There is still much that we have to learn about this product and how it works long term.

I am really looking forward to seeing how you find this product once you finish your current regime .

44 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah I kept looking for more info on mq but man, there is almost nothing out there.
I am still on the fence and have been posting in various threads to see what's out there and how it has or hasn't worked for other members. I'm someone that weights all their options and then takes like twent years to decide lol. That is why you probably noticed I have been asking somewhat repetetive questions in different threads lol. But I figure this si my only skin and I don't want to screw it up; you know?

Currently I'm using the remainder of the f&w my friend gave me for my face and neck. After I'm done I think I'll try either hq, pure perfect, makari, or maybe mq

45 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 9:48 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Maharani, great to hear your results are progressing nicely. Is the paeness a positive and natural looking or not so?

I do hope to continue using mq for some time but still unsure though, as I can be quite indesisive..lol. So, I'm weighing it o how my progress comes long.

46 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Maharani how does the paleness look on you? Is it an ashy look, ghostly like sosa, or an ivory white?
Gg and maharanL
Your both using meq with ret a right? What percentage of each? And if I got the 20% is pumping a small amount in my palms with some ret a a good educated guess of diluetion? Lol

47 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
I am black, so the paleness is definitely not ivory white. It is quite difficult to describe how it looked but it brightened my overall complexion and defenitely made me stand out a tad more, if you understand what I mean. At the moment this has faded in the last couple of days, but my skin looks like it is about to peel from the Retin A. I am using it more often than usual, so this is to be expected as my skin adjusts to the regular nightly usage

48 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 10:39 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
I have diluted mine by mixing it with 2 parts mq to 10 parts cetapil and a quater of one part, of Retin A 0.05%. I know that this will slow my progress right down, but that is fine for now. I also use it at night only for now, although it is recommended to be used twice a day at least 8 hours apart, so again this will slow my progress further.

At 20% you will definitely need to dilute it with something as I think this may be too high to be used straight onto the skin. I don't think we know enough about how it works at this sort of concentration for lightening, so unless you want to be the guinea pig......I know anyway that you are cautious about what you use, so I am sure you will come up with the right concentration for you, if you decide to take the plunge
You can dilute it with products like Eucerin, E45 and cetaphil.

49 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 11:29 am

allure

Accepted
Privileged
I agree with you Maharani. 20% is way too much especially when there are no known studies to show it's effect. I have heard many times that it causes depigmentation but cannot find any concrete proof on that. I'd rather take it slow and then work my way up if I am having great results. I am very happy for you and your results. Slow is always good and so not obvious! LOL.

50 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 11:43 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
Yes slow and steady....I am not ready for ....What have you done to your face?? LOL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum