The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 14 of 29]

1My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty My Mequinol Experience Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

326My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:56 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It should last yes. As for what to use in conjunstion with it, I would say moisturizers, sun bocl and exfoliating just not to much.

Anywho I have to get off I think , have an interview tomorow Very Happy

327My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:It should last yes. As for what to use in conjunstion with it, I would say moisturizers, sun bocl and exfoliating just not to much.

Anywho I have to get off I think , have an interview tomorow Very Happy

Thank you for your help, have a great interview sweetheart, I know you'll do faboulously Wink

328My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love, Good luck with the interview, I am sure you will dazzle them !!!

329My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:52 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

I know for many that any kind of peel can seem daunting. As you have access to the retin A then I feel you will be more comfortable using this on your face and neck and then you can start using the lactic acid on just the body, and as mentioned before, done once a week, provided your skin is tolerating them well. A simple gentle moisturiser can be used whilst doing them and then after a month you can see where you are and what you want to do next. I am sure that you sould be able to pick up a moisturiser locally. I like cetaphil, eucerin, E45, aveeno but the shop may also be able to suggest something, if they do not stock these brands. It must not have any acids in it, like lactic, glycolic, citric, ascorbic or retinoids etc .

I really am looking forward to seeing how you progress and wish you all the best !!!

330My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:23 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Maharani, noted!! Yes I can find cetaphil and eucerin here so its all good. So what else do i do to the body when i am not using the lactic? Can i wash the body and face with likas as well? If you dont mind, please may u briefly write down what u suggest for face and body, please? Wink

331My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Thanks porcelianskin and maharani. I will be sure to use my 'womanly' charms on them lol

Porcelianskin I would think you can use the likas but don't overdo it as this can irritate the skin or worse.

332My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:08 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

provided your skin is tolerating them well you can peform a lactic acid peel once a week. Start of at a low percentage like 40 %. Most companies will provide instructions on how to peform the peel but if you don't receive any, then let me know and I can give you the necessary info. It is better to peform the peel in the evening, so don't use the likas in the morning. Some people don't apply anything after the peel, some like to apply oils like sweet alomond, jojoboa etc. It is up to you and how you feel. You can use the gentle moisturiser on the following days. Just be very gentle with your skin and keep an eye on how it reacts to the peels.

333My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:26 pm

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
Yes ______ i mean no
my face and neck are very itchy. do you have any probleme like this?

334My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:32 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
nope, now that you mention it. a lot of people complained about itching and how they could not bear it, i have no itching what so ever, i have not even broke out. all i get is stinging when i put it on, and that doesn't happen all the time.

it seems my reaction is totally different then everyone else's

335My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I know allure was having one h*ll of a time but she had been using it longer, I think. I know cetaphil or maybe cortizone cream may help reduce the itching.

336My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 pm

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
i also get stinging when i put it on, and it happen for a secondes . itching is also bearable not like when you put mono.

337My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:45 pm

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
Alizee love wrote:I know allure was having one h*ll of a time but she had been using it longer, I think. I know cetaphil or maybe cortizone cream may help reduce the itching.

where can i buy cetaphil and cortizone cream ?

338My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
how long has allure been using it for?

339My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well since you're in France, I would say go to your pharmacy and ask. If it has any active ingredients, and I think it does, you'll have to ask a pharmacist for it Smile.

340My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:00 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I believe since April or around that time.

341My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:33 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Guys, I'm thinking of buying the retin a gel (0.01%) tomorrow for my face. Should I take the plunge?

342My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:58 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
yeah go for it, are you buying mq with it as well or just using one thing at a time

343My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:22 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That should be fine, just remember it might be a good idea to go easy with it.

344My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:yeah go for it, are you buying mq with it as well or just using one thing at a time

Okay I'm going to get it tomorrow. I was thinking of using the retin a alone on my face and correct some of the skin blemishes and do the lactic on the body and then start on the MQ.

345My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
sounds gerrrrrrrrATE

good luck Very Happy

346My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:32 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Good luck

347My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:35 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes I mean no, thank you, I'll go for it.

Alizee, how often should I use and when? And how much should I use? Is it really that strong?

348My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:38 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
It can be yes, you really only need a pea size amount,anymore and your wasting it. I would start with everyother night to ease my skin into this new regimen and then use it every night if your skin adjust to it well

349My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:46 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:It can be yes, you really only need a pea size amount,anymore and your wasting it. I would start with everyother night to ease my skin into this new regimen and then use it every night if your skin adjust to it well

So pea size it is, and every second time maybe for like 2 weeks and then every night after that, depending on how my skin adjusts. So do i use it as my moisturiser or do i have to add a moisturiser to it? Can i wash with likas though and then apply the retin a? What do i use to remove the peeled skin?

350My Mequinol Experience - Page 14 Empty Re: My Mequinol Experience Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:59 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes about how often. You can wash with the likas beforehand but do not apply the ret a to wet skin and you will have to gt a moisturiser.

The skin will peel and you just take it off I guess.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com