The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 29]

1 My Mequinol Experience on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

51 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 11:48 am

allure

Accepted
Privileged
LOL. I know what you mean.

52 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh yeah I think I know what you mean about your complexion.

Thanks you guys for the advice, I'll take my adive from the tortoise...slow and steady....slow and steady.
Like maharani I don't want to have kids scared of me when they see my face lol

53 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 10:14 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Yeah, it's tempting because you want results now, but going at a slower and consisten pace will have less shock value, avoids have the washed out bleached look as well. My mom and a couple of my aunts are already glaring in my face these days saying "what are you using on your face. I know it's more than black soap", and "you don't want to get so light!" ...yes I do

54 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue May 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I feel you on that. My thing is it's your skin....PERIOD.

I hate when people say you are ashamed of your race or some such nonsense. I always think does that mean people who tan want to be black? Lol

55 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed May 12, 2010 8:47 am

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Skin lightening is not about being ashamed of your color or race, its about trying to achieve optimum satisfaction albeit self satisfaction with the way one feels about him/herself and what would look best for us. Why does whites run the risk of skin cancer buying tanning spray/lotions, sunbathing and tanning beds? Is it because they want to be black or ashamed of their color. NO, they believe like us in self satisfaction, wanting to look their best and thinking that tanning makes them look good. People should cut the garbage out and mind their own business.

56 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed May 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
allure wrote:Skin lightening is not about being ashamed of your color or race, its about trying to achieve optimum satisfaction albeit self satisfaction with the way one feels about him/herself and what would look best for us. Why does whites run the risk of skin cancer buying tanning spray/lotions, sunbathing and tanning beds? Is it because they want to be black or ashamed of their color. NO, they believe like us in self satisfaction, wanting to look their best and thinking that tanning makes them look good. People should cut the garbage out and mind their own business.
You know that I know that and everyone else on this forum knows that.
I think the entire skin whitening inustry needs to become more mainstream and then maybe people will see it is no different then those that tan.

57 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed May 12, 2010 1:50 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Then I would suggest education! They need to be more open minded and just let things be. Sometimes people can be so hateful and slam someone for what they are doing, I really don't understand it. Oh well.

58 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well they say ignorance is bliss *shrugs*

59 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Well time for an update guys! yaay!

For the past couple of days I have been noticing that my left elbow (which contains the most hyperpigmentation) has been shedding considerably. Underneath is new skin which is about maybe a shade lighter. It hasn't completely shedded yet, but more new skin I'm noticing wach day.

Three of my scars on my arm: One of them is about 40% faded, the other two maybe 30% lighter. I was also fading some hyperpigmentation near my wrist and I'll try to describe, it looks like some of the pigment is lightly breaking up and slightly darker and for the past few days lighter skin I'm beginning to notice..about 1 shade, but it isn't even yet. So, I will keep you posted.

60 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Sun May 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That's great golden.

How often do you apply the mq to your hyperpigmented area?

I also have a mark on my upper left arm and it seems to have faded slightly after using f&w there lol

61 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:19 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Wow GG, great job and congrats! I love the shedding part, even now I'm still shedding and the itching has subsided (I stopped using my mix 3 days ago). The itching was driving me insane! I am confident that you will get amazing results from using MQ, I have and I am very happy with my results. I can't wait to get back in the groove of things.

62 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:53 am

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
Goldengirl are you still using it straight or diluting it. If you're diluting it, are you just mixing it in your palm?
Thanks

63 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:26 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:That's great golden.

How often do you apply the mq to your hyperpigmented area?

I also have a mark on my upper left arm and it seems to have faded slightly after using f&w there lol

I apply the mequinol mixed with Ra twice daily (am & pm). Lactic acid peels also work for scars and marks. F&W can also work for the spots, especially when exfoliating.

64 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:36 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
GG - you apply it 2x per day? Each time with ra? Wow, what % ra are you using again?

65 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow u must really itch golden lol.

Are you still just applying it on your neck/ears/chest/arms/ and scars or are you applying it on your whole body?

66 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:13 am

Indigo

Visitor
Visitor
I am considering trying this method next.

67 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:41 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi guys,

What is the Mequinol for? I am interested in knowing more.

Thanks in advance,

PorcelainSkin

68 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:26 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well it is a skin lightening agent similar to that of hq but it works at slower rate; however, it can be more affective and I belive the effects last longer. Of course you need to be cautious and use a very good exfoliator, sunc screen and use it on a regular basis.

Some of our members such as allure have found success with it but have experienced iching and there are complaints of a not so fresh odor.

I'm sure one of our other members can give a more thorough answer

69 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:35 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
it can depigment the skin and used for vitiligo patients ( thats what a doctor will tell you), not to scare you but it's like a weak form of monobenzone. use it in high % your skin will look like M.j but when used in low % and mixed with retin a you can lighten nicely with it.

70 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:40 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yes I forgot to mention that lol. It does seep into the blood system, I think, which is one of the reasons its very potent but works at a slow rate. It is a strong chemical and therefor should not be abused or you risk severe damage to your skin, just take it slow and steady; that's what'll win you the race Smile

71 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:46 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
seeps into the blood stream, never heard of that doesn't sound to appealing now.

but in the words of young gunz, can't stop wont stop

72 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:05 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hmmm the more I think about it the more unsure I am. I know mono works by seeping into the blood system and mq is in the same family but now I'm unsure if it does seep into the blood. scratch

73 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:12 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
HQ is in the same family to righ?

74 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:39 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Surely there must be long -term side effects? Is it really worth a try for ligtening for long term and maintenance? Perhaps would it be better just for dark knees and elbows??

75 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:54 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I'm not a doctor so I can't recomend but if you are worried you can use makari skin creams which contain natural ingredients such as fruit extracts. Now if you wish you could use. Hq on just the elbows and kness; the harder parts to lighten.

Yes - I do belive all three are in the same family but different strengths. I know that mono is a depigmentation, as is mq but at a lower rate, and works by seeping into the blood system. That is why you can apply it on your right shoulder but get a white patch on your left calf.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum