The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.


- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts


Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.


Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!


All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.


Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.


Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.


The Conversation Chamber



You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 26 of 29]

1 My Mequinol Experience on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:27 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Maharani, I have been using Mequinol 10% on the scars on my arms now for almost a week now. Although some of the scar areas have faded some and not too large in size overall, I'm going to see if the mequinol/tretinoin can further remove the darkened areas. It does have a stinky smell LOL, so personally I prefer to use it at night and it is like a thick vaseline formulation, so little is needed as it melts as I rub it in.

Keep in mind, it is recommended that you use retin-a (tretinoin) along with mequinol in order for effective penetration and results. So, I'll keep everyone updated.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

626 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:01 pm

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
enticing I agree with rainbow you do still look light. I know that somethimes the camera can distort your true colouring but do you think that maybe you have not darkened as much as you think? You still look good to me and the marks are not that obvious. And yes booyfriend looks very cute so hopefully he wont mid his starring role lol

627 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:45 pm

Guest


Guest
GOTHQUEEN wrote:Arebama which method have you decided to try out?

GOTQUEEN,

I havent start anything yet, I dont know what to try for my body, the HQ/Ra works very well on my face but it doesn't do anything on my body. so I'm still thinking what route to take

628 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:09 am

Guest


Guest
Enticing wrote:Diamondeyes10 I'm soooo happy for you!!!

yes currently hydroquinone + Tretinoin are the only things that we know of scientifically speaking of course which have a significant impact one's skin color! nothing else works without causing disfigurement...so monobenzone and steroids are out...and they work so well! d**n it!!! lol

awww KIM thank you...you're so sweet!

GOTHQUEEN and Viola I dont know where you all live or where you all were raised, but here
in the United States, color means ALOT..and if you're darker than Halle Berry, that's a HUGE strike against you...you dont see many Naomi Campbells on the run way, and she lightened her skin as well.
Its not only the United States and Ondine can back me up on this...many countries and cultures run with this mantra, its prevalent in the Caribbean and Canada as well. I live in New York city and one cant go a day here without hearing something about skin color. especially in the gay community. its so bad. I wanna have a good, hassle free life and if that means having to lighten my skin then in the immortal words of Celine Dion "Thats the way it is."

Diamondeyes10 currently the regimen is working well, however, some parts of my body are prone to redness, other parts of my body that use to be prone dont get so red any more....so hopefully that will change...but i think the tight jeans I wear might have something to do with that.

I didn't have time to make a video talking about everything! but I did make video of my boy friend sleeping HE'S SOOO CUTTTTE!!!! U CAN SEE MY PUFFY FACE AND SCARS FROM THE BREAK OUTS OMG I LOOK HORRIBLE!!!!!! So I can show you guys that for now until I have the time to make a proper video! I just hope this swelling goes away A.S.A.P!!! I like this regimen so far...i could do without all the peeling and having to shower so much due to the peeling, and cleaning up my apartment twice a day because of the peeling but hey what ever gets the job safely done...

I'll keep this video up for a while...he looks sooo angelic!!!

I've gotten a bit darker because I dont have the 5xf gel with all its steroidal glory to aid me any more...I acutally have to wait now for pigment to be actually inhibted! but this regimen is for the best...one can get really really light...this one woman when from Lauryn Hill's skin tone to Mariah Carey's! ya....it took her a whole year of discipline and consistancy, but hey! I'm sticking to it this time...no more trading!

here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrjjTzn1_8

OMG I LOOK HORRIBLE!!!


Hi Enticing,

I finally got to see you video, veryyyyy nice... your boyfriends hair is so long and nice...

Hey when you said that you break out, do you mean in your body also??
because from what I have read the 5x gel is for the body only, not meant to use in your face, maybe is too strong... oh and i think the F&F most have something not very safe in it, nothing can light up that fast with out anything weird on it.

629 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
awww thank you Arebama

yups all over! i got break outs on my knees! that usually doesn't happen...acually i dont know any one thats happened too not even the worst acne cases! and I know alot of people with BAD ACNE....I strongly suggest that people stare clear of any thing which contains steroids!

Steroids can affect much more than just your skin...my face looks way better in the video that it did a few weeks ago and I still think its bad! my face was swollen, I had break outs EVERYWHERE!!!

my vision was affected...steroids can also cause your thirod glands to act up...Steroids can really physically alter your apperance to the point where it looks like you've had surgical procedures done!!!

I have alot to show and say in next video! omg!

630 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Arebama I broke out all over my face, chest, thighs, knees, under arms, arms! it was insane! I had to be using Retin A to keep everything under control. if it weren't for Retin A I would have been overwhelmed without a doubt!

I have a friend who lightens her skin as well...she's been using products from Africa, based on what has been happening to her I really think the stuff she's been using contained steroids! thats why I strongly recommened that she shop at all day chemist and invest in hydroquione and Tretinoin, becuase her thyroid glands acting up have caused her eye balls to literally bulge out, her acne has acne! she just looks very very very "unusal"...and her apperance affects her self confidence strongly!

any thing that provides lightening early in the game should be looked at..and dont ignore any thing thats "strange" or "unusual" because thats your body's way of telling you that SOMETHING IS WRONG!!!! I was shocked to find out...there are alot of products that contain steroids and whats sad is that the companies can that do so can legally do it! because its very hard to prove that their products do contain steroids!

they can get away with it even if one is left horribly disfigured! thats why the onus is on us as individuals to educate our selves and educate each other!

631 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:11 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Arebama wrote:the HQ/Ra works very well on my face but it doesn't do anything on my body. so I'm still thinking what route to take

What I hate is the amount of times I have to shower and do my laundry. omg the hydroquinone smell is very dominating! and when you apply at night the next day it is imperative that one have shower, espcailly during the summer time it really makes you stink omg....the price one pays for "beauty" what ever that means...

Arebama, how many times a day do you apply the Retin A/ Hydroquinone on your body? and do you use sunblock when you go out?

also do you apply other things like moitizers or other creams on your body as well? because that can counter act the pigment inhibiting effects of the Retin A/ hydroquinone!

632 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:16 am

Viola


Accepted
Accepted
Hey Enticing,
I am reading you post and i am reading it so so fast cos i still have the picture of you in your last video talking so so fast like you were on a roller coaster!lol
Check this out...I found a seller selling 5% and 6% hq cream...any idea?If indeed it is,then it sure is a good bet!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

633 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Viola! run far and fast! there is no telling and one has no way of knowing what this "Moisturizer" is laced with!!!!

these so called sellers have a knack for disappearing as soon as they sell you something, and you're left to hold the bag good or bad!

I would recommend fair and flawless before I recommend this seller....at least if some thing happens to you can get some justice...lets hope! also with all day chemist, (who has been excellent thus far) one can complain and be compensated, or take legal action for whatever the reason.

with all day chemist you know what you're getting and they're waaay more affordable and reasonable...they're not asking for a fraction of what this joe blow is asking for...besides you dont need more than 4% hydroquione to get great results once you use it with tretnoin 0.1%...higher percentges of hydroquinone might just cause irritation...and most of these sellers know this! dont let these shadowy sellers take your money babe...

634 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:39 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Enticng you haven't responded whether you agree that you dont appear to have darkened as much as you may think. I think you look light as well. Maybe you look different in real life though. You have given me hope that HQ may be another option from F&F. I swear I look darker the last couple of days myself, but I suppose that would happen once I stopped using the gel. The 80 xF does not seem as strong.

635 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
@ Enticing I have read somewhere that some people apply the HQ 3 times a day. How often are you doing it?

@ Viola I also saw that it is not recommended to go beyond 4% so I guess allday chemist is the best bet

636 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:41 am

GOTHQUEEN

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
[quote="Enticing"]Diamondeyes10 I'm soooo happy for you!!!

GOTHQUEEN and Viola I dont know where you all live or where you all were raised, but here in the United States, color means ALOT..and if you're darker than Halle Berry, that's a HUGE strike against you...you dont see many Naomi Campbells on the run way, and she lightened her skin as well.
Its not only the United States and Ondine can back me up on this...many countries and cultures run with this mantra, its prevalent in the Caribbean and Canada as well. I live in New York city and one cant go a day here without hearing something about skin color. especially in the gay community. its so bad. I wanna have a good, hassle free life and if that means having to lighten my skin then in the immortal words of Celine Dion "Thats the way it is."

quote]


Enticing you have made me ever so grateful that I am where I am. I have not experienced what you say but I will say that if it was the case that I would not add fuel to the fire by degrading what others seem to be condemning. Just because that is what others may believe does not mean that I believe it too and that I will then go along like a sheep and put myself down as a consequence. Any lightening that I choose to do is because of what I want and not because someone believes that to be better and more acceptable by society.

637 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Viola


Accepted
Accepted
You got a point.
But I just get fed up buying tiny tubes.Is there any body lotion that contians 4%hq? I got 4%hq from a seller and i have seen a very big difference esp as am using it with retin a.I use it on my knuckles.Its not been a week but i see great improvement!

638 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:35 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Viola wrote:You got a point.
But I just get fed up buying tiny tubes.Is there any body lotion that contians 4%hq? I got 4%hq from a seller and i have seen a very big difference esp as am using it with retin a.I use it on my knuckles.Its not been a week but i see great improvement!

yes Retin A is like a super battery! it makes what ever you're using with it work sooo much better!

639 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yogi wrote:Enticng you haven't responded whether you agree that you dont appear to have darkened as much as you may think. I think you look light as well. Maybe you look different in real life though. You have given me hope that HQ may be another option from F&F. I swear I look darker the last couple of days myself, but I suppose that would happen once I stopped using the gel. The 80 xF does not seem as strong.

I dont think I've darked THAT MUCH....maybe because the retin A/ hydroquinone is starting to take effect, but the instant fake lightening from the steroids, thats gone!
futher more people are saying that i dont look bad in that video well its becuase i stopped using the gel like a week before that and I kept using Retin A trust me i looked horrible! you have noooo idea!
if you look darker due to ceasing usage of the 80 xf gel its becuase you're no longer applying the steroids...I would quit while I was ahead if were you.
I apply HQ/RA twice a day and 3 on some areas...

640 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:
Enticing you have made me ever so grateful that I am where I am. I have not experienced what you say but I will say that if it was the case that I would not add fuel to the fire by degrading what others seem to be condemning. Just because that is what others may believe does not mean that I believe it too and that I will then go along like a sheep and put myself down as a consequence. Any lightening that I choose to do is because of what I want and not because someone believes that to be better and more acceptable by society.

why are you lightening? did you just wake up one day and decide to do this for the heck of it? we all do things due to social forces....society has its expectations and as rebellious as we think we might be we all conform in one way or another! why? because we want an easier/better life. its very hard to get a job here when you're dark skinned, and if you're dark skinned u better be really qualified....since my skin tone has chaged people's whole attitude towards me has changed, people who've never even said one word to me are walking up and starting conversations
women dont flinch when I walk into an elevator any more. my own family....my cousins who are very dark skinned I've sat with them and I thought my ears were deceiving me when I heard them say; "dark skinned men are not attractive, they dont turn me on" do you know how painful that is to hear? and they're not the only ones who carry that mantra....lots of people do....look up my video under

"race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? "

look at what the news report says about Obama and what whites as well as OTHER DARK SKINNED BLACKS think about dark skinned blacks!

you have no choice...you either fall in line or step back...and let me tell you...you miss out on a lot here when you have to step back.

641 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:
Enticing you have made me ever so grateful that I am where I am. I have not experienced what you say but I will say that if it was the case that I would not add fuel to the fire by degrading what others seem to be condemning. Just because that is what others may believe does not mean that I believe it too and that I will then go along like a sheep and put myself down as a consequence. Any lightening that I choose to do is because of what I want and not because someone believes that to be better and more acceptable by society.

why are you lightening? did you just wake up one day and decide to do this for the heck of it? we all do things due to social forces....society has its expectations and as rebellious as we think we might be we all conform in one way or another! why? because we want an easier/better life. its very hard to get a job here when you're dark skinned, and if you're dark skinned u better be really qualified....since my skin tone has chaged people's whole attitude towards me has changed, people who've never even said one word to me are walking up and starting conversations
women dont flinch when I walk into an elevator any more. my own family....my cousins who are very dark skinned I've sat with them and I thought my ears were deceiving me when I heard them say; "dark skinned men are not attractive, they dont turn me on" do you know how painful that is to hear? and they're not the only ones who carry that mantra....lots of people do....look up my video under

"race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? "

look at what the news report says about Obama and what whites as well as OTHER DARK SKINNED BLACKS think about dark skinned blacks!

you have no choice...you either fall in line or step back...and let me tell you...you miss out on a lot here when you have to step back.

642 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
sorry I posted twice by accident! loly!

643 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:22 pm

Diamondeyes10


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Thank so much Enticing!! Keeping my skin clear, flawless and lighter is such a hard task because I never know when I will have a brake out that will darken my skin even more!!! Crying or Very sad But everyone has made me so excited so I am about to board the HQ 4% and RA train!!! LOL!! Hey, and I agree with you on the mono and steroids thing!!!! I wanted so bad to use the too but........ I can’t afford the extra problems that come with it! I have enough already!! Oh and I agree with the others when they stated that your skin is light. It looks good. Congrats on your accomplishments!!! If I got that light people would definitely think I was trying to do the MJ thing. He had Lupus too!! And you mentioned having some redness. Did that come from the HQ/RA or your other regimens?

644 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Diamondeyes10


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Ooops...... that was supposed to read "Thanks so much"!! My typing reaks somethines!!

645 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Diamondeyes10 wrote:Thank so much Enticing!! Keeping my skin clear, flawless and lighter is such a hard task because I never know when I will have a brake out that will darken my skin even more!!! Crying or Very sad But everyone has made me so excited so I am about to board the HQ 4% and RA train!!! LOL!! Hey, and I agree with you on the mono and steroids thing!!!! I wanted so bad to use the too but........ I can’t afford the extra problems that come with it! I have enough already!! Oh and I agree with the others when they stated that your skin is light. It looks good. Congrats on your accomplishments!!! If I got that light people would definitely think I was trying to do the MJ thing. He had Lupus too!! And you mentioned having some redness. Did that come from the HQ/RA or your other regimens?

that came from the RA/HQ Mix....nothing else makes me red...but the redness is subsiding very well so I'm happy about that...yes keeping your skin clear is hard..but if u use the hydroquinone/tretioin regimen break outs will become a thing of the past for you! I'm gonna make a video explaining alot and showing how I apply my regimen I'll try to do it this week!

646 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Guest


Guest
Enticing wrote:
Arebama wrote:the HQ/Ra works very well on my face but it doesn't do anything on my body. so I'm still thinking what route to take

What I hate is the amount of times I have to shower and do my laundry. omg the hydroquinone smell is very dominating! and when you apply at night the next day it is imperative that one have shower, espcailly during the summer time it really makes you stink omg....the price one pays for "beauty" what ever that means...

Arebama, how many times a day do you apply the Retin A/ Hydroquinone on your body? and do you use sunblock when you go out?

also do you apply other things like moitizers or other creams on your body as well? because that can counter act the pigment inhibiting effects of the Retin A/ hydroquinone!


To be honest, i think I did the process for a month, and it was in the summer time, i used to apply 2 times a day but i wont say that I did it religiously, I stop because it was to hot, and because i damage my blankets and comforter with the cream, uggghhh they got yellow as i used to apply before going to bed. I didnt moisturize much.

I'm gonna start again now that is winter but maybe i would apply it early before i go to bed and when i get up. I was thinking about getting a lotion, but don't know which one, I got cetaphil and also Avon moisturizer i might be applying that.

Hey do you know any good lotion that i can mix the HQ/RA with???, since this tubes are so tiny maybe i just mix it with some lotion, but them the RA/HQ wont be very strong, so I wanna mix it with some lighting lotion. they sell Diana Staldler product around my house i was thinking about getting one and mix it with the HQ/RA. what do you recommend????????

647 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Arebama wrote:

To be honest, i think I did the process for a month, and it was in the summer time, i used to apply 2 times a day but i wont say that I did it religiously, I stop because it was to hot, and because i damage my blankets and comforter with the cream, uggghhh they got yellow as i used to apply before going to bed. I didnt moisturize much.

I'm gonna start again now that is winter but maybe i would apply it early before i go to bed and when i get up. I was thinking about getting a lotion, but don't know which one, I got cetaphil and also Avon moisturizer i might be applying that.

Hey do you know any good lotion that i can mix the HQ/RA with???, since this tubes are so tiny maybe i just mix it with some lotion, but them the RA/HQ wont be very strong, so I wanna mix it with some lighting lotion. they sell Diana Staldler product around my house i was thinking about getting one and mix it with the HQ/RA. what do you recommend????????

um the carotein cream(what I use as well) is good but I dont use it that much for a fact, all the lightening and smoothness and beautifying of my skin can be attributed to Hydroquinone and Tretinoin! and if you want the best results it would be best to use that combo alone.

yes consistancy is key when it comes to skin lightening regimens! but the hydroquinone's smell and stains are a probelem! but hey its the only thing that works safely! and I know the heat messes everything up! but I strongly suggesst using hydroquinone and Tretinoin alone...that way you'll get maximum results...and be consistant...2-3 times a day every day! its the only way.

648 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:05 pm

Guest


Guest
Enticing wrote:
Arebama wrote:

To be honest, i think I did the process for a month, and it was in the summer time, i used to apply 2 times a day but i wont say that I did it religiously, I stop because it was to hot, and because i damage my blankets and comforter with the cream, uggghhh they got yellow as i used to apply before going to bed. I didnt moisturize much.

I'm gonna start again now that is winter but maybe i would apply it early before i go to bed and when i get up. I was thinking about getting a lotion, but don't know which one, I got cetaphil and also Avon moisturizer i might be applying that.

Hey do you know any good lotion that i can mix the HQ/RA with???, since this tubes are so tiny maybe i just mix it with some lotion, but them the RA/HQ wont be very strong, so I wanna mix it with some lighting lotion. they sell Diana Staldler product around my house i was thinking about getting one and mix it with the HQ/RA. what do you recommend????????

um the carotein cream(what I use as well) is good but I dont use it that much for a fact, all the lightening and smoothness and beautifying of my skin can be attributed to Hydroquinone and Tretinoin! and if you want the best results it would be best to use that combo alone.

yes consistancy is key when it comes to skin lightening regimens! but the hydroquinone's smell and stains are a probelem! but hey its the only thing that works safely! and I know the heat messes everything up! but I strongly suggesst using hydroquinone and Tretinoin alone...that way you'll get maximum results...and be consistant...2-3 times a day every day! its the only way.


Do you know any large cream that contains 4% HQ? maybe I could mix Nadinola and the HQ/RA, Since I heard Nadinola has 3% HQ.

649 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 am

rainbow


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Viola wrote:You got a point.
But I just get fed up buying tiny tubes.Is there any body lotion that contians 4%hq? I got 4%hq from a seller and i have seen a very big difference esp as am using it with retin a.I use it on my knuckles.Its not been a week but i see great improvement!


Viola where did you get your hq from? was it alldaychemist? Thanks

650 Re: My Mequinol Experience on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:17 am

GOTHQUEEN

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Enticing wrote:
why are you lightening? did you just wake up one day and decide to do this for the heck of it? we all do things due to social forces....society has its expectations and as rebellious as we think we might be we all conform in one way or another! why? because we want an easier/better life. its very hard to get a job here when you're dark skinned, and if you're dark skinned u better be really qualified....since my skin tone has chaged people's whole attitude towards me has changed, people who've never even said one word to me are walking up and starting conversations
women dont flinch when I walk into an elevator any more. my own family....my cousins who are very dark skinned I've sat with them and I thought my ears were deceiving me when I heard them say; "dark skinned men are not attractive, they dont turn me on" do you know how painful that is to hear? and they're not the only ones who carry that mantra....lots of people do....look up my video under

"race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? "

look at what the news report says about Obama and what whites as well as OTHER DARK SKINNED BLACKS think about dark skinned blacks!

you have no choice...you either fall in line or step back...and let me tell you...you miss out on a lot here when you have to step back.


You know I totally understnad what you are saying and clearly your own experiences has made you feel that lightening your own skin colour has made you feel more accepted. However I do have a problem with even if that is the way that things are perceived, does not mean that I, as a person, will reinforce the idea by putting down the colour that I am.

It reminds me of a situation when I heard one of my boyfriend's friend say that he did not like dark skinned black women .I was horrified. This dude was darker than dark and had a dark skinned mother and sisters. So is he saying that they are unattractive too?? He has fallen for some stupid idea and has not opened his eyes to see that we all have something to give. He was also by his very statement saying, without really thinking about it, that he was also unattractive. What hurt so much was that these comments were said in front of 3 white colleagues who found the whole conversation very funny. I did not. You yourself said that you found your cousins' comments hurtful. Well you should be educating them. Yes by all means do your lightening but please don't equate being dark as something awful. I already said in another post that some people will never be able to change their skin colour. Please Don't make them feel like they have been cursed. Deep down I know that you are a good individual. I know this by the fact that you have kindly shared your experiences and what has worked for you. You have not selfishly kept everything a secret. That shows something to me. I know that it is in you to have the power to say that what is happening is totally wrong. I hope that you understand what I am trying to say.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 
  •  

Free forum | Society and Culture | Beauty | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum