The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Does Mequinol give patches? Answer with supported studies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

There seem to be so many contradictions about Mequinol in forums, most of tem not based on science, just claims. In some cases, people lie just to make a point or don’t want to admit that they are wrong.

I don’t claim to know everything about MQ but what I know it is another alternative to monobenzone as depigmenting agent, although a weak one.

· ''Mequinol (hydroquinone monomethyl ether, 4-hydroxyanisole, para-hydroxymethoxybenzene), another derivative of hydroquinone, is enzymatically oxidized by tyrosinase to produce melanocytotoxic quinones. The formation of quinones results in pigment cell destruction and skin depigmentation.''

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

· The way Mequinol works is like monobenzone, if you read any definition for Mequinol in dermatology books or journal you will realise that Mequinol works in similar fashion to monobenzone, it will not stay local to the applied area, it works like mono at slower rate, in the link below page 402 it talks about the confetti like hypopigmentation similar to the one produced by mono.

· The action of Mequinol is not fully understood. It has been approved for the treatment of solar lentigines at 2-4% strength Even on those 2% use, Hypopigmentation was observed on 1% of the patients, although it is concluded to be a safe option at that range.

· If it was safe at high strength, and can be localised they will be studies to test this. The reason I post this, because so many people who want to try Mequinol do so believing it is only effect the area applied to, and safer than monobenzone.Only low range of Mequinol with retin a used (Solage), because there was a high risk of systemic exposure ‘’ The safety of mequinol in this combination formulation is supported by the low systemic exposures of the subjects in this study compared with the systemic exposures at the highest doses in the dermal toxicity studies in mice (16.6-fold) and rats (34.6-fold)’’ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

· When people hear monobenzone, they think of patches which deter them of using it but not similar information is available on MQ, because simply it has not been tested that much apart from solage. There are no long term studies for its lightening purposes.

· Even its depigmenting ability not greatly tested, the only study was done on "vitiligo universalis" (i.e., patients with more than 70% depigmentation of the total body surface)and only used in small parts as ruby laser also was used on other parts of the skin. In that study the pigment was returned for some patients, ‘’However, even after total depigmentation has been achieved, patients should be warned that perifollicularr repigmentation may occur, especially on sun-exposed areas. A randomized controlled trial is needed to confirm these findings’’.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
sara wrote:GG if you have 20g of MQ at 10% all you need is to double that with base cream. Now you chose eucrine or E45 I am sure both are ok, as they are both oil based but E45 is more thicker so it might blend well, so to make 5% of your cream, you take the whole 20g of your MQ and mix it with 20g of E45, in total you will have 40g mq with 5% strength

Thanks Sara for the explaination, this gives me an idea of how I may tweek it for later. I had asked this before to others of doubling certain actives in the base and it was stated to me that it would't matter how much I add of that particular ingredient that it would still not mean it is now stronger...which confused me as I'm not not much of a chemist.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:Did you get yours at goldpharna gg?
As you can tell I'm still unsure of wha to start with.
Sigh....so many choices:
Hq with ret a
Mq 20% (unsure on how to dilute)
Makari
Pure perfect( I really wanna get light like that actress did but don't know what she used)

You can all see my dilema lol

Maharani had sent me one and yes it's from goldpharma. The mequinol I use is 10% and I mix a little of mq and ra in the palm of my hand before applying. Since the mq and ra spreads very nicely, only little is needed.

I believe the actress Sorisha ha used the parfait, so I am hoping to hear back from Pure Perfect sometime this week.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Thanks gg Smile

You know I am just so worried about something bad happening I can't decide which lightening I want to try lol.
Choices...choices...choices Razz

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,

I know what you mean. If only there were more guarantees about how they work and the outcomes.....

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Sara great info on the MQ. So to get 5% of the MQ, I have to add it to 1 ounce (a little less) of lotion/cream. I think I might just do this on my next batch of mixing. Thanks for the info! GG you are using it with mixing it with any base? Just the MQ and Ra?

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Golden Girl wrote:
sara wrote:GG if you have 20g of MQ at 10% all you need is to double that with base cream. Now you chose eucrine or E45 I am sure both are ok, as they are both oil based but E45 is more thicker so it might blend well, so to make 5% of your cream, you take the whole 20g of your MQ and mix it with 20g of E45, in total you will have 40g mq with 5% strength

Thanks Sara for the explaination, this gives me an idea of how I may tweek it for later. I had asked this before to others of doubling certain actives in the base and it was stated to me that it would't matter how much I add of that particular ingredient that it would still not mean it is now stronger...which confused me as I'm not not much of a chemist.

GG, ignore who told you it will not change the percentage of course it will, think about it this way, you put 2 spoon of sugar to a 20 ml tea, if you add more water would the taste stay the same? It will be dilute plus weaker tea yuk !

Anyway dilutions works in the same way, 20 g of 10% MQ it mean it has 2gram of MQ

So 2/20 x100 =10%

The rest are solvent and/or base cream 18/20 x 100 = 90%

Now we add more base 20g to make it 40g

Your 2g of MQ is the same 2g you didn’t add more MQ but now 2/40 x100 = 5% of Mq and rest are 95% base.

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks Sara, you are really good at this! It opened my eyes to my next mix coming up.

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Thanks Sara, that's what I was first thinking too. Good example with the sugar and tea.

emo_snowwhite

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
i wanna try mequinol, im fair skin already like a light yellow skin tone but i really want to have pale whits skin so pls anyone help me! im confused coz i dont wanna end up patchy, so will mequinol give me patches? im new here

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum hosting  | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com