The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 24]

allure

Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Sara, I use the MQ all over my body with the exception of my face. After my test run on my body then I will take a brave step and try to do my face. I guess I want to test the waters so to speak before embarking on something to major..my face everyone see, my body is basically covered most of the times. Vain? Hmmm maybe.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Thanks Maharani. I love it that I am actually seeing a minimal amount of progress. I am not trying to get it done fast but gradually. One thing though I keep admiring my legs and my kinda bright and golden color every chance I get! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

allure

Accepted
Privileged
I don't have much to report today except my neck area is itching like the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] OMG! I am not using any kind of moisturizer for my skin or anti itch creams and I am not considering doing so mainly because I am not sure if this will lessen the effects of tht MQ. After cleansing and soaking in the likas soap, I washed thoroughly and skin was really bright and clean. I had a good glow to my skin. I applied (as usual) the MQ mixture and noticed that more of my shin area which was dark is a little lighter! The dead skin is peeling off! Okay this is important - the dead skin is like a shade darker! The back of my legs have started to peel too but not like my shin! I am guessing that I did not spread the mixture evenly to the back (which is expected). I will try to focus more on that area. Overall I am becoming more and more happy each day. My next step in a few weeks is applying this to my face. I don't apply it to my boobs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] because the color is like 5 times lighter than my legs. My underarms are peeling too, like sheets of paper! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
allure wrote:I don't have much to report today except my neck area is itching like the [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] OMG! I am not using any kind of moisturizer for my skin or anti itch creams and I am not considering doing so mainly because I am not sure if this will lessen the effects of tht MQ. After cleansing and soaking in the likas soap, I washed thoroughly and skin was really bright and clean. I had a good glow to my skin. I applied (as usual) the MQ mixture and noticed that more of my shin area which was dark is a little lighter! The dead skin is peeling off! Okay this is important - the dead skin is like a shade darker! The back of my legs have started to peel too but not like my shin! I am guessing that I did not spread the mixture evenly to the back (which is expected). I will try to focus more on that area. Overall I am becoming more and more happy each day. My next step in a few weeks is applying this to my face. I don't apply it to my boobs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] because the color is like 5 times lighter than my legs. My underarms are peeling too, like sheets of paper! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wow allure, you know your update is like what is my skin going through right now, itching, peeling. you use 0.1% retin a? all over your body?
You know my boobs area use to be lighter than my legs but like you not spreading my mix evanly, I have a section in my leg which is light, and over all my legs and thigh are lighter than my upper body, mainly to due with the face I wrap my legs and thigh but around chest and stomach is tricky.
good luck it sound like grat progress

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
allure if you are diluting your mix try E45, this was a life saver for me, as itching got so bad but since I started using it in my cream, it is much better.
if you are not diluting it, you can use antihistamine for itching, I am sure you can buy them over the counter.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Hi Sara, yes I am using the RA all over my body! Exfoliation is really helping me even out - so to speak. Thanks for the great pointers. I would love the try the e45 cream but that will have to wait until after my vacation to the caribbean...an entire 2 wks of bliss! I want to try mixing the MQ and RA with eucerin and they had it on special at CVS today. I guess I will try that next wk.

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
I'll have to keep the e45 cream in mind when I take the dive of lightening the whole body with the mq/ra.

Allure how are you planning of preventing sun tanning during your vacation?

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

allure

Accepted
Privileged
GG good question regarding tanning. I am packing a ton of sunblock in my case, both for me and my kids! I don't mind the tanning as much because after about a wk of coming back to the US, I'm normally back to my color. I actually like the way my skin looks after vacation ... kinda bronze! I am mixed so I really don't mind. My hubby is half white/black and his legs are the whitest ever!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] He doesn't tan there like his chest, arms and face. My daughter is mixed white, black and indian ( so is my son). I am just white and indian(mostly) in the mix.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Just a little update for you about my MQ mix. I am almost done with this mix and will prepare a new batch soon..tomorrow the earliest. I have lightened a bit - not a great deal and the areas that I focused more on is the but area and the back of my legs. The skin is smoother and clearer but brighter. The razor cuts I got on my shin along with scratch marks are ... scratch that- lol ... practically gone! The burn mark I have on the wrist has faded too, it is much lighter!
I have noticed that my bath water, yes still dark in color - I am always afraid that hubby will just come in one day and say OMG..you are dirty! LOL. Okay so apart from dark in color, I had a lot of dead skin in the water! Amazing! Now my work is doubled because I have to make sure that I clean the bath thoroughly after use. Overall I am happy about my lightening experience with MQ. My next batch will consist of the RA .1% - MQ10% and eucerin cream. This I will just mix in a pump lotion bottle.

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Wow, I'm happy to hear that your marks have faded and your batch is working well for you.! Very nice. Are you diluting the mq? Have fun on your vacation!

allure

Accepted
Privileged
GG yes I am diluting the MQ and it works out to be a little less than 2%. I was thinking about making it to be about 2-4% next time. It does not last long especially when you are applying all over your body. I wish there was a way to get more of the product for a longer time. Now I am twiddling my thumbs whether I should order more of this stuff or just ride it out with 4%HQ after? I wonder if I can mix the nadinola (3%) with MQ? Isn't there someone doing this? HQ, MQ & RA?
Thanks about my vacation, I can't wait! The last time I took vacation I was 7 months - going on 8 months pregnant! It was horrible! The only I wanted to do was eat and sleep and that's what I did! Coming back home I begged to be induced at 8 months (a lot of discomfort for me) and my doctor did! I had my baby at 8 months! LOL.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
I know I should have posted earlier but I totally forgot about this update. Nothing has changed from my last posting but I did noticed this morning that the dark areas on my toes (yes the constant wearing of heels that digs into your heels and toes creates dark spots ... no not calluses but spots), have lightened significantly. My toes are the same color as the rest of my feet now. Nice results. I think I will just use the MQ straight with the Ra next time ... again I think, I haven't decided yet. I have just one or two more uses left with the mixture I made. Now I'm just using it once daily (at nights- the smell is getting a lot bearable).

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
LOL..yeah the smell is becoming more bearable for me too, which is fortunate. Glad to hear the spots on your feet are clearing. Are you planning to mixe the mq and ra or just use the mq 10% straight? I would dilute it to around 5% to be safe since theres always the chance of permanent white spotting. I recall someone using thee 3 different products, but can't recall if the hq was mixed with mq. I also have wondered about it, but a derm may know on that as I'm unsure if the effectiveness will increase or decrease with the 2 being mixed together.

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
...the mequinol is beginning to make my arm itch in the area of where I apply it at.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
GG, I thought about using the MQ and RA straight but reconsidered it. I mixed a fresh batch yesterday and used just 2 oz of eucerin to the 20 g of mq and ra. This works out to be about 2.5%. I will try this tonight. I know what you mean about the itching but its not caused by the mq but the ra, you are using ra with it right?
Quick update, the back of my legs have cleared up significantly, my hands are looking brighter (and the knuckles too). Under my boobs is itching and peeling even though I have not used the product there. I know its from sweating after my work outs so what I am doing now is using vaseline to coat it from getting product deposits in that area.
I do a lot of excercise and one of them uses the cables on my home gym. I will do rowing, lat pulls etc. The cables are normally rubbing against the inside of my elbows. Yesterday it felt good to just scratch a little and rub it. I took a look at it and its RED [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] The friction of the cables (used almost daily) along with the scratching made my arm a little tender (both sides). On my shoulders where the straps of my bra lies and that of my pocket book, is red too. Again constant friction. The skin is delicate right now so I guess you tend to bruise easily. Be careful about scratching or using something that cause constant pressure/friction on one area of your body as you run the risk of bruising.
Overall and apart from these minor things, I am happy with the progress that I am making. I love the way my feet are looking now and will continue to apply products once per day to my entire (excluding face, neck and boobs). The back of my thighs are looking up too (brighter days ahead) even the palms of my hands looks so much brighter. My fingers are now basically the color of my entire hand - no brown knuckes - even tone right now. I will contine to use my mixture for a few more months to determine whether or not I want to use it long term.

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Lol allure I swear if I write updates for my mono journey, you would think I copied yours, my under boob is white now, I do apply there but your itching it is not because you sweat, Mq travels in the system, and the sweaty areas, and skin folds will itch.

You did the right thing, I know dilution will slow things but you can judge later and increase it slowly.

I really think that Retin a can even things, now my arm is almost white no visible patches, thanks to retin a. Time for my blog I guess.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
LOL Sara! Yeah under the boobs and underarms are peeling, white sheets! OMG can you imagine? Under the boobs are itching but goodness only the vaseline seems to help with the peeling there. I am not looking to depig so I am hoping that this does not happen! I work in a very famous company that likes press coverages and I could not live with myself if that should ever happen! I would not be able to disguise my face! Even if I tried with makeup, I am thinking that I will not be much of a cover up right? I am looking forward to reading more about your journey and how you are coping with the 'draw backs'

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Another update before the weekend. My skin is peeling like there is no tomorrow. So far the skin has lightened about another shade, it is even toned and smooth. My marks are diminishing which is great for me. Yay! I am experience slight itching on places such as my thighs (nearer my hips) and inner elbow/arm section. I tend to ignore it because I do not want to scratch and then have to worry about another mark. The burn mark on my wrist is almost GONE! It is extremely pale and that is a bonus for me because I wasn't even worried about it before. Overall the entire skin tone is even, brighter and lighter. I am now using a 2.5% MQ mix but goodness it stinks to high heavens! After showering at nights, on wet skin I apply to all areas of the body. I then use perfume/body spray to mask the stinky smell! I don't want my hubby to think that I used rotten eggs as my lotion.LOL. I mix the MQ, RA and eucerin (2oz) cream in a lotion bottle. Sara and GG have given me the idea about Gels and after this batch is finished I will be experimenting with that. My progress has been remarkable and there are no spots or hyperpigementations.

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Allure few things to share my thought with you, first of all easy on Vaseline you know it can clog the pores and hinder your progress. I remember you said you didn’t apply MQ to your face only body, if so, why you moisturising it, let it peel.

Regarding the spots, just monitor your progress and you can increase your strength, I mean mono took 3 months to show any patches in my face and that with applying to it with retin a, most people tell me it takes 4-6 months to get to that stage.

Mq could be the one that does the trick, we all here the guinea pigs, they seem to be so many people starting to use it now in forums, so I guess we soon find out how well it works.

Regarding patches even HQ prolong use can produce patches but luckily they are not permanent.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Thanks Sara, this morning the peeling was really bad on my neck and I had to use vaseline to mask it. I am not expecting any clogged pores there, on my face I am only using moisturizers during the daytime, no lightening agent. The moisturizers that I am using will not clogged my pores as I have been using it for a while now. Do you think that this will hinder any progress? I use the MQ only at nights.
I will take your advise and monitor the progress as I increase the strength each time my mix is finished. I am still scared of going overboard or even going too fast with it. LOL

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Another update today. I've been itching like I've slept in a bed of ants or worst yet..sleeping with BUGS!! Oh my goodness I wish I could make this itching stop! The inside of my elbows and inner thighs near the hips are the worst! I sometimes try to resist but other times I'm not able to! I scratch and leave a slight reddish marks at times. Now what should I use to make this itching stop?? Any ideas?
Skin is lighter now, even and brighter. The back of my legs had some brown spots more like freckles. Growing up I used to stand in the sun for at least an hour or more to get my ride (private van used to pick me up after school). I remember the sun beating down on me and baking the back of my legs until it itched! Anyway these freckle like spots are lighter and amazingly they are clearing up. The skin is peeling so much. I have used whatever product (MQ mix) that is left on my palms after applying to my body and rubbing it in on my face. The face is nice and cool looking (I am almost tempted not to wear make up!!) Maybe I should just go ahead and use my MQ mixture on my face seeing I am having this lovely result from using almost nothing on it. I need help with this itching though, it's almost unbearable and its just a few areas, not overall.

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Allure, have you tried soaking in a hot of hot water, sea salt, and a few drops of essential oil. Do this once a week only to help further loosen any dead skin cells, dryness, and itchiness and follow it with your Eucerin tohelp moisturize. Myrrh, patchouli, teatree, sandalwood, ylangylang, lavender, jasmine, neroli are a few really nice esential oils for dry and itchy skin.

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh dear allure poor you, I know what you mean, I use to scratch until I become sore, you can use antihistamine treatment for itching, they give them to children Benadryl (Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride) is the standard oral antihistamine that most parents use when their kids are itching. It is available over-the-counter The only downsides are that Benadryl is short-acting (about 4-6 hours) and can make you very sleepy.

My friend advised me to use it but I stopped retin a, and now I am fine and also my other mix which contained solvents was increasing it, just reading your post made me itch.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
GG, I will try to soak my entire body tonight. Thanks for the tips, I sure hope I can find the time for this tonight because I am basically try hard not to scratch it! It feels good though.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
LOL @ Sara, it makes me itch by just thinking about you itching. Thanks for the tips guys!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum