The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
New but wanted to share my experience with Mequinol - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 13 of 24]

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I suppose you can use a lactic peel and that should make the lightening process easier

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
had this stuff on for about 45 min, it's giving me a headache, sigh, i just hope it works

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Wow you felt dizzy? Well maybe you applied a little too much or you have to get used to it.

How did you apply it if I may ask? ( and don't say "with my hands" lol)

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
halfzies, pea size of MQ pea size of ret a mixed it and just it on my face.
probably need to get used to the smell, happens all the time when my little brother used to wet the bead, you try to stay in there as long as possible before getting a migraine, but if you ask him...he doesn't smell a thing.lol

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol good analogy

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
thanks,thinking about writing a book, people say i talk like one, a writer.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
If that's your passion.

Ot: it is not too uncommom for people to wet the bed even once they've been potty trained. It does usually stem from anxiety which is why it happens toteens especially.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
teens wetting the bed huh, well my brothers only 9

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Nine isn't too old to wet the ned but if it continues you might want to make sure there is nothing wrong with his bladder.

Yup adults also wet the bed and its usualy linked to anxiety, many mental illneses or disorders are linked to anxiety

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
adults wetting the bed, reminds me of tampons. when i was little all diaper commercials talked about leak protection and absorption. as did tampons ads, i used to think all women wet the bed. i know better now but it's funny to think about.lol

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol my little cousins thought women had blue urine because they used blue liquid in the commercials.

Tampon commercials make no sense at times but the ones with a personafied mother nature are o.k, however I would punch her myself lol.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
who, mother nature?
hit her like BANG,KAPLOOW,SHA SHA SHAAAAA

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I suppose you can use a lactic peel and that should make the lightening process easier

so i should apply the lactic peel all over my face and body? how long do i usually leave it on for and how many times a week should i do this before starting the regimen?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:just put on the mequinol and ret a .1%, smells like old urine. you know, ever had your toilet backed up but you couldn't p*ss outside. the pee just simmers for hours, sitting there. then you open up the set and the sent slaps you across the face...

yeah,like that

ha ha ha......What a very vivid description. Well at least you know what we were all going on about with the gross smell !!! LOL

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:yeah, but i think i'm getting free MQ.
when ordered it, it came 38 days later, they have a policy about shipping that says if it does not come in 30 days it will be reshipped free, and it was, days ago.
so another one should be coming.

now you sure you want to be applying some more backed up old pee........ LOL

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:just put on the mequinol and ret a .1%, smells like old urine. you know, ever had your toilet backed up but you couldn't p*ss outside. the pee just simmers for hours, sitting there. then you open up the set and the sent slaps you across the face...

yeah,like that

ha ha ha......What a very vivid description. Well at least you know what we were all going on about with the gross smell !!! LOL

so i should apply the lactic peel all over my face and body? how long do
i usually leave it on for and how many times a week should i do this
before starting the regimen?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,
deoxyarbutin is considered by some research to be more potent than arbutin, kojic acid and HQ, However, there are very few products that contain this ingredient, as it is expensive and those that do, have it in such small quantities that you are not gonna see any real effect. So until something comes along containing a higher perecentage, I would give that a miss.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,
deoxyarbutin is considered by some research to be more potent than arbutin, kojic acid and HQ, However, there are very few products that contain this ingredient, as it is expensive and those that do, have it in such small quantities that you are not gonna see any real effect. So until something comes along containing a higher perecentage, I would give that a miss.

okay thank you so much.. i want to know though, how do i apply the lactic acid peels all over my body? and how long do i leave it on there for? it is recommended that i peel b4 starting the skin lightening regimen right?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
PorcelainSkin,

I think for now to keep things simple, I would just concentrate on getting a good sunblock and your lactic acid for the peel. I would suggest that you start off your lactic acid at between 30 - 45% initially. Once your skin gets used to this, you can look at increasing the percentage, especially on the body and you may then find it cheaper to buy higher percentages and dilute to your concentration required. But for now I would buy the lower percentage, so you are not messing about with diluting. Some companies provide neutralising solutions for the peels, but you can make some of your own using a tablespoon of baking soda added to a cup of cool water.

I would also make sure that you have a simple non acidic moisturiser like cetaphil, eucerin, E45 to use to moisturise your skin whilst you are in your peeling process. I would give yourself at least 4 - 5 weeks to see how much your skin improves just with the peels and then you can decide what Lightening product you wish to incorporate. I know I said keep it simple, but I would also suggest incorporating a vitamin C serum as well. This will also help to brighten and condition the skin.

You can check the availability of these products in your area , otherwise you can look online to purchase them in your locality. I would have thought that where you are that there would be a lot of skin care products readily available. Let me know.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes the peels can be used all over the body, obviously avoiding sensitive and intimate areas...groin etc.

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin,

I think for now to keep things simple, I would just concentrate on getting a good sunblock and your lactic acid for the peel. I would suggest that you start off your lactic acid at between 30 - 45% initially. Once your skin gets used to this, you can look at increasing the percentage, especially on the body and you may then find it cheaper to buy higher percentages and dilute to your concentration required. But for now I would buy the lower percentage, so you are not messing about with diluting. Some companies provide neutralising solutions for the peels, but you can make some of your own using a tablespoon of baking soda added to a cup of cool water.

I would also make sure that you have a simple non acidic moisturiser like cetaphil, eucerin, E45 to use to moisturise your skin whilst you are in your peeling process. I would give yourself at least 4 - 5 weeks to see how much your skin improves just with the peels and then you can decide what Lightening product you wish to incorporate. I know I said keep it simple, but I would also suggest incorporating a vitamin C serum as well. This will also help to brighten and condition the skin.

You can check the availability of these products in your area , otherwise you can look online to purchase them in your locality. I would have thought that where you are that there would be a lot of skin care products readily available. Let me know.

thank you so much, this sounds really good. i think ill do that for the first month before starting to use lightening products. there are many lightening products here but its hard to know whch will really work and people here dont use peels, i actually heard it for the first time on here.. so for the first month, in addition to the peels, can i wash my face and body with likas papaya soap or not? so i just use the peels, and perhaps moisturise the body and face with eucerin and perhaps get a vitamin c? which good vitamin c would you suggest that i can easily get?

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Yes the peels can be used all over the body, obviously avoiding sensitive and intimate areas...groin etc.

great. so how does the peel actually work? do you just apply it all over and leave it on for a few mins and then wash it off? how often in a week can you apply it?

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
if i do that for the first months and start using the lightening products for the next 2 months, i will probably get about 2 shades lighter right at the end of the 3rd month?

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
The lactic acid peel should be done weekly and NO more than this, provided that you do not have any adverse reactions to it. I will give you a link to a post I made regarding the application. But need to let you know that a couple of days before AND after the peel, I would personally avoid using the likas soap, as you may over exfoliate. Just use a gentle cleanser during this period. To be honest you will find that by listening to how your skin feels you will see that you will automaticlly get a sense of what may be too much.

I remember you mentioned you are 22 but not sure whether you are working or at college but also wanted to mention that for some whilst doing the lactic peel they may not experience much peeling and your skin may just micro peel where it looks slightly flaky and dry but it is not obvious. For some there is visible peeling and you may also want to invest in a microfibre face cloth to very very gently remove some of the flakes. You MUST MUST do this very gently otherwise it is possible to over exfoliate and may cause hyper pigmentation which you don't want. If it is not much of an issue and you are not worried about the look and you are not going out you can allow it to peel naturally.

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Here is the link. Please scroll down for the info

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com