The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 24]

allure

Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,
Been lurking for a while and would like to share with you my mequinol experience with you, albeit its just been day! I got my MQ from Goldpharma and it arrived within 2 wks of purchase. I use RA .1% along with the entire tube of MQ mixed with 4 oz of cocoa butter (fruits of the earth one). I mixed everything in a jar making sure that it is closed tightly. Last night I applied to wet skin. My skin felt cool like for 5 minutes. I applied this all over my body. This morning I re-applied to wet skin and got the same cooling/tingling experience. I am not sure if this will work but will update in a few days.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
luanhair wrote:
allure wrote:Luanhair, you have purchased the wrong MQ. The mq you purchased is mixed with other ingredients.

: mequinol DCI, 0.1 g; Excipients: Polyethylene,

Alcohol cetílico y Nipagin, cs Cetyl alcohol and Nipagin, cs
It could do good, but just be careful. It does contain 10% so you need to proceed with caution. I am mixing my MQ which by the way I purchased for a whopping $8. That's the one everyone is using. $40-50 is way too much. I have heard that Emu oil is great for the skin. I have used it in the past but never with other ingredients. It states that it is the closest oil to the skin natural oils and sebum. It might work, everything is great when we experiment so try a little and see. Please let us know if it works for you.
Welcome and good luck!
So Allure do you have any suggestions on whether or not i should use this. Can i dulite it down enough to make it safe. i plan on using the ra of course. i will for sure get the 8 dollar one the next round. i just dont want to waste my money on this one. but im afraid of white spots. help please

Yes you can dilute it by using Eucerin cream or nivea or some other base cream. To get about 2% - I'm assuming because this is what I am doing is mixing it with about 80 grams of base cream. Good luck

allure

Accepted
Privileged
luanhair wrote:
allure wrote:Luanhair, you have purchased the wrong MQ. The mq you purchased is mixed with other ingredients.

: mequinol DCI, 0.1 g; Excipients: Polyethylene,

Alcohol cetílico y Nipagin, cs Cetyl alcohol and Nipagin, cs
It could do good, but just be careful. It does contain 10% so you need to proceed with caution. I am mixing my MQ which by the way I purchased for a whopping $8. That's the one everyone is using. $40-50 is way too much. I have heard that Emu oil is great for the skin. I have used it in the past but never with other ingredients. It states that it is the closest oil to the skin natural oils and sebum. It might work, everything is great when we experiment so try a little and see. Please let us know if it works for you.
Welcome and good luck!
So Allure do you have any suggestions on whether or not i should use this. Can i dulite it down enough to make it safe. i plan on using the ra of course. i will for sure get the 8 dollar one the next round. i just dont want to waste my money on this one. but im afraid of white spots. help please
Yes you can use this one and mix it as well. The ingredients are okay, nipagin is just a preservative.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Arebama wrote:I keep wondering if the Mequinol is more effective than the Hq 4%?
I've been using the HQ/RA in my body and face for about 3 weeks already and i dont see any changes in my body but i do see that my face has become lighter, and sometimes i see is darker,(weird), my skin been peeling like an snake OMG and the itching is crazy, i wake up with scrathes in my arm from scraching while im sleeping(More marks to get rid off, GREat), but i dont see the difference, no lightning. i was trying to see if i could purchase a F&W gel and maybe mix it with my RA/HQ or maybe getting the Mequinol and mix it with it. I think i need something stronger

what do you guys Recommend?

Also i use in my face after i apply the RA/Hq i also apply this lotion that i got of ebay, a kojic acid, alpha arbutin and vit C. maybe thats what is making my face so pale. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I can relate to the itching as it is caused by the RA..MQ causes serious itching too and I have given into the itching craze by succumbing to it...not good! With the use of any products, you have to be patient, no need to be overly excited and damage your skin. You will see improvements over a period of time. Kojic acid is an exfoliate and so is RA. I wouldn't suggest layering it everyday. It is basically overkill for your skin and can cause damage. You want to enhance remember, have patience and exercise caution.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:Well he was ttoo impatient and was using dangerous amounts. People need to understand this is a harsh chemical and whenever you put something on your skin, you need to be cautious period.

Allure how do you mix your mq?
I now mix mine with eucerin - 80 grams to get the 2% - I have to change the eucerin because I smell like p!$$ after!! No joke. I went to GNC and they have some little creams (Vit. C) that contains goodies like urea, vit. c and some other things. I will have to mix a batch up using this.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Golden Girl wrote:
allure wrote:My progress so far has been slow but amazing. My skin is still shedding and I am trying to deal with the itching as best as I can. I have just started using a little of the mq mixture on my face and it is so pretty! The skin is smooth and brighter, no need for much make up and my pores seems to have shrunk! Nice touch. My overall skin is smooth (wow) and clearer. Here is a problem I had before, my skin would appear dry and like it's cracked even, not from lack of water or anything so I am guessing that it has to do with a skin condition. Welllllll...no more, the skin is evened out and looks awesome. My greatest amazement (ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THIS???) is that after my second child, I gained a few stripes (lol) on my upper thigh. They were not so noticeable and people who have seen me in bathing suits etc couldn't even tell, not even hubby. I could though. Well they are fading. I have 2 tiny stripes on one thigh and only one remaining on the next!! HOLY CRAP...I have no other stretch marks though. One thing is that it itches like MAD and of course sometimes I give in and scratch. I am happy with this though. My shins are the same, getting a bit clearer from razor marks and the back of my legs (spots) are fading. One thing I have noticed is that I have bruise on my upper thigh, I must have hit something with it. It is almost gone now and I've had it for a few days. I HAVE TO SAY, I LOVE MY SKIN!
I went on another site lurking and someone said that he had very bad results and giving up. He only tried it for what? Less than 3 wks, applying as much as 3 times per day. I only apply at nights. He was bashing the MQ and telling others to stop. Well so far I am having great results.

Congrats to you Allure!! So the mequinol/Ra is also fading stretch marks as well? Very nice. Do continue to keep us updated with your progress.
Well GG, I was amazed myself regarding the stretch marks! An added benefit if you ask me and I guess it helps to exfoliate the area really well too. I sure will.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Arebama wrote:Thanks GG for your answer...

I was planing to order the mequinol from glodpharma and give it a try and mix it with the RA as i hear a lot of claim from other blogs saying that it works better than HQ, well i wanna try it for my body not for my face, and maybe later on i would try it on my face.

Quick question, do you guys happen to know for how long does mequinol has to be used and if is until i get the results i want and can i maintain the results with Hq/Ra?
I know of someone who has been using MQ for over a year now. She has had great results but she took it very slowly. After a year she decided to just maintain by using RA/HQ and sunblock. She has not gotten any darker since.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Arebama wrote:I just ordered the mequinol from gold pharma, i hope it get here soon so i can give my take on it, im still using the HQ/RA, my face is lighter, the pimple marks that im tryiong to get rid or are still there, hoping they fade away, im applying some F&w gel that i had siting in my room to gel the fading of the acne scars.

So if i mix the mequinol with RA, that is also diluting it? right? or i have to add some other lotion to it?

If you mix the MQ and RA you are diluting it by very minimal amounts. I would suggest that you mix a base cream as well and see how well your skin can tolerate the mix. Start off with maybe 4oz of cream if after that mix is finished you can always start with 2 oz and then 1oz etc. That's how I started mine. I wouldn't advise anyone to use MQ and RA for the first time. Experiment first and see what really works for you.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
The itching is driving me nuts! I am so tempted to stop using the MQ but darn it my skin feels so good! I am also smelling so much like someone peed over my body after applying the eucerin and MQ mix! Caution, MQ alone causes severe itching so coupled with RA...I'm freaking out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] LOL. I am shedding like crazy now, skin is showing more improvements with the exception of all that itching! I have decided to use RA just every other day or 2 to cut down on some of the itching. I am using the MQ only at nights. This morning so help with all that itching, I used the amlactin and so far so good, I am still feeling itchy but I can resist the temptation. I have decided to use MQ at nights and then mornings after my shower I will use the amlactin. I will try this for a wk to see how it progresses. Since I started with the MQ mixture on my face...DANG! It is so smooth and the pores are visibly smaller! I love to look at my face in the mornings especially when I get up! Whohooo! Stretch marks are still there but fading. My chest area is so smooth! It's like a babys butt, untouched, new and smooth.
Last night my hubby asked me if I peed on myself??? Okay I told him that its the eucerin that I used that smells like that. I wasn't offended but man it smells just like uric acid (pee). I told him after this cream is finished, I will not use it again. After a while the smell fades but not a good thing if you are sleeping with someone! LOL

Thanks Allure,

I bought a jar of cetaphyl to mix with my MQ, i dont know if cetaphyl
is a good lotion to mix MQ with, but i hear good things about cetaphyl itself.

I think you get most of your itching from RA, i use RA every other day sometimes i skip 2 days and the itching is crazy, its so crazy that i wake up with scratches in my body from scratching while im sleeping, so definitely i would just keep using it every other day with MQ.

good luck in your journey

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
allure wrote:The itching is driving me nuts! I am so tempted to stop using the MQ but darn it my skin feels so good! I am also smelling so much like someone peed over my body after applying the eucerin and MQ mix! Caution, MQ alone causes severe itching so coupled with RA...I'm freaking out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] LOL. I am shedding like crazy now, skin is showing more improvements with the exception of all that itching! I have decided to use RA just every other day or 2 to cut down on some of the itching. I am using the MQ only at nights. This morning so help with all that itching, I used the amlactin and so far so good, I am still feeling itchy but I can resist the temptation. I have decided to use MQ at nights and then mornings after my shower I will use the amlactin. I will try this for a wk to see how it progresses. Since I started with the MQ mixture on my face...DANG! It is so smooth and the pores are visibly smaller! I love to look at my face in the mornings especially when I get up! Whohooo! Stretch marks are still there but fading. My chest area is so smooth! It's like a babys butt, untouched, new and smooth.
Last night my hubby asked me if I peed on myself??? Okay I told him that its the eucerin that I used that smells like that. I wasn't offended but man it smells just like uric acid (pee). I told him after this cream is finished, I will not use it again. After a while the smell fades but not a good thing if you are sleeping with someone! LOL
Well the good side is as long as you smell like pee he wont wanna touch you and no more babies lol

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
Just wanted to let u ladies know that they canceled my first order to Goldpharm for the wrong MQ,so I was able to reorder the RIGHT one this time.I cannot tell u how happy I was. I was kinda afraid to use what I had originally purchased. So hopefully I'll have some input soon to add. I plan on adding some Emu oil that is suppose to be good for moisture and help with aborbing as well. Wish me luck.

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Oh that's great Luanhair, glad you were able to change your ore in time. Keep us updated.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That is superb. Do keep us updated

MAHARANI

Privileged
luanhair,

that is really good to hear. Some companies can be so unhelpful once a sale has been placed, so I am happy to hear that they have been able to sort out the mix up in your selection. I have been ordering from this company for a few years now, Not MQ though, and I have always found the service to be good.

Wishing you the best of luck and looking forward to hearing how you progress. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
I had another question for the ones that have been using MQ for a few months. I had been using 8% hydroquinone that was prescribed and compounded by a Dr. for some hyperpigmention on my face but it does't seem to be working well anymore. My face lighten but the marks stayed the same pretty much eventhough I started spot treating the marks only.Do you think mixing the RA,MQ,and say 4oz of Euercin will be a stronger treatment for these marks than the 8% hydroquinone. I plan to continue the spot treatment with this mix on face since i dont want to really lighten my face anymore just get rid of the spots. and then use the mix for my body to lighten to the color of my face, to be more even. In your experience do you think this will work. Im not sure but i think what is happening with the 8% hydro on my face is that it is lightening but then its redarking darker than it started with which makes it appear not to be working. i dont know for sure its just a thought. I'd love to hear you guys thoughts.

MAHARANI

Privileged
Allure,

your posts just make me want to keep scratching hun !!! I am so glad that so far I have not experienced that, but I am only using it on my face at the moment and only at night.

Sounds like your progress is going really well, so it easy to see why you are happy to persevere on . You have made me a little bit scared now about the eucerin I have just had delivered. Wow, you smell like pee, you say?? I know that MQ in itself is not the nicest of smells, but as I mentioned before I am kinda getting a bit more used to this strange odour. I was mixing mine with cetaphil, but decided to opt for the eucerin, to help with absorption.

I will have to see how it goes. I guess if I am using it at night, then it should not be too much of an issue, I hope, but will see how it goes.

You mentioend you know someone who has been using the MQ for a year now. Do you know if she was using the MQ from goldpharma and whether she was diluting it or using it neat with just the RA.

MAHARANI

Privileged
luanhair wrote:I had another question for the ones that have been using MQ for a few months. I had been using 8% hydroquinone that was prescribed and compounded by a Dr. for some hyperpigmention on my face but it does't seem to be working well anymore. My face lighten but the marks stayed the same pretty much eventhough I started spot treating the marks only.Do you think mixing the RA,MQ,and say 4oz of Euercin will be a stronger treatment for these marks than the 8% hydroquinone. I plan to continue the spot treatment with this mix on face since i dont want to really lighten my face anymore just get rid of the spots. and then use the mix for my body to lighten to the color of my face, to be more even. In your experience do you think this will work. Im not sure but i think what is happening with the 8% hydro on my face is that it is lightening but then its redarking darker than it started with which makes it appear not to be working. i dont know for sure its just a thought. I'd love to hear you guys thoughts.

luanhair, 8 % seems like a very high percentage to start off with. Had you been using HQ before ? And can I ask if you have been using RA in conjuction with your HQ, as this definitely helps with marks and overall lightening, as it aids the HQ absorb into the skin.

I have been using diluted MQ/RA at night and HQ in the day and I must say that I have been seeing results with this regime. I only realised when the colour of my make up seemed too dark on me all of a sudden.

MAHARANI

Privileged
allure,

forgot to say, I have also seen the incredible things that RA can do for those pores. I have had blackheads on my nose for ages and Retin A just completely got rid of them and they have not been back. That stuff is just great !!!

MAHARANI

Privileged
Arebama,

I was using cetaphil in my MQ mix and had no problems. I have just purchased some Eucerin, which I have not tried as yet, as I think eucerin will help further with the absorption of the mix but as Allure has just kindly mentioned, not a great smeller, so will see how it goes.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
LOL @ Alizee and Maharani. Maharani, yes eucerin contains urea which basically smells like ammonia or pee. Most plant fertilizers contains urea and many people have complained about their plants smelling like p!$$ ... so basically anything that contains urea will have that ammonia smell. Yikes yes I do really smelly p!$$ the last few days. What I now do is use the vitamin c cream and mix my MQ. What a difference! I'm still itching but not as bad. The cream I bought contains urea and different forms of alcohol(cosmetic) so it is really good. Maharani, tell me when you mix your batch of mq and eucerin...you need to stay away from people then. MQ smell is not that bad now, smells to me like some bad form of gas.
All I can say is that I am very happy with the results I am getting especially with the little flaws that I have been battling with for so long!
Luanhair, 8% coupled with MQ is overkill. Don't do that. What you can do is use one product in the mornings (without ra) and use one at nights with ra. Good luck!

allure

Accepted
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:Allure,

your posts just make me want to keep scratching hun !!! I am so glad that so far I have not experienced that, but I am only using it on my face at the moment and only at night.

Sounds like your progress is going really well, so it easy to see why you are happy to persevere on . You have made me a little bit scared now about the eucerin I have just had delivered. Wow, you smell like pee, you say?? I know that MQ in itself is not the nicest of smells, but as I mentioned before I am kinda getting a bit more used to this strange odour. I was mixing mine with cetaphil, but decided to opt for the eucerin, to help with absorption.

I will have to see how it goes. I guess if I am using it at night, then it should not be too much of an issue, I hope, but will see how it goes.

You mentioend you know someone who has been using the MQ for a year now. Do you know if she was using the MQ from goldpharma and whether she was diluting it or using it neat with just the RA.
Maharani, yes she ordered from Goldpharma and she did use it straight and at times she mixed it. When I return from vacation I will start using mine straight. I should probably order some more before leaving!
Scratching is contagious ...so sorry! LOL. It is so much better today. I had a bath last night, mq and ra in the vit c cream, this morning mq in the cream applied all over. Not much scratching ... just on the butt area today and top of arms.

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Arebama wrote:Thanks Allure,

I bought a jar of cetaphyl to mix with my MQ, i dont know if cetaphyl
is a good lotion to mix MQ with, but i hear good things about cetaphyl itself.

I think you get most of your itching from RA, i use RA every other day sometimes i skip 2 days and the itching is crazy, its so crazy that i wake up with scratches in my body from scratching while im sleeping, so definitely i would just keep using it every other day with MQ.

good luck in your journey
Cetaphyl should be good, it has some good ingredients, try that first and see how that works. MQ alone ( which) I have tried cause itching, it is one of its side effects. So imagine using it with RA! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:
allure wrote:The itching is driving me nuts! I am so tempted to stop using the MQ but darn it my skin feels so good! I am also smelling so much like someone peed over my body after applying the eucerin and MQ mix! Caution, MQ alone causes severe itching so coupled with RA...I'm freaking out! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] LOL. I am shedding like crazy now, skin is showing more improvements with the exception of all that itching! I have decided to use RA just every other day or 2 to cut down on some of the itching. I am using the MQ only at nights. This morning so help with all that itching, I used the amlactin and so far so good, I am still feeling itchy but I can resist the temptation. I have decided to use MQ at nights and then mornings after my shower I will use the amlactin. I will try this for a wk to see how it progresses. Since I started with the MQ mixture on my face...DANG! It is so smooth and the pores are visibly smaller! I love to look at my face in the mornings especially when I get up! Whohooo! Stretch marks are still there but fading. My chest area is so smooth! It's like a babys butt, untouched, new and smooth.
Well the good side is as long as you smell like pee he wont wanna touch you and no more babies lol
Hahahahaaha...no really don't want more babies, my two kids are enough! Plus my 2 yo is a trip! Sometimes I think about having another one but I don't think it is wise! LOL. Hubby gets close and personal too often ...gotta find a way to keep him off me! LOL. He told me yesterday to go wash my p!$$y self. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh dang.

Well if it were me I would tell him fun time is closed until further notice lol

luanhair

Visitor
Visitor
MAHARANI wrote:
luanhair wrote:I had another question for the ones that have been using MQ for a few months. I had been using 8% hydroquinone that was prescribed and compounded by a Dr. for some hyperpigmention on my face but it does't seem to be working well anymore. My face lighten but the marks stayed the same pretty much eventhough I started spot treating the marks only.Do you think mixing the RA,MQ,and say 4oz of Euercin will be a stronger treatment for these marks than the 8% hydroquinone. I plan to continue the spot treatment with this mix on face since i dont want to really lighten my face anymore just get rid of the spots. and then use the mix for my body to lighten to the color of my face, to be more even. In your experience do you think this will work. Im not sure but i think what is happening with the 8% hydro on my face is that it is lightening but then its redarking darker than it started with which makes it appear not to be working. i dont know for sure its just a thought. I'd love to hear you guys thoughts.

luanhair, 8 % seems like a very high percentage to start off with. Had you been using HQ before ? And can I ask if you have been using RA in conjuction with your HQ, as this definitely helps with marks and overall lightening, as it aids the HQ absorb into the skin.

I have been using diluted MQ/RA at night and HQ in the day and I must say that I have been seeing results with this regime. I only realised when the colour of my make up seemed too dark on me all of a sudden.
Yes I did start out with 2% and then of course that didnt do much then the dr prescribed the the 8% and that did well but I've been using that off and on for the last year or so. This last time i used it I did use along with the RA. And I did lighten but the dark spot from past acne still would not go away.So at that point i started just putting the 8% on the spots only cause I thought by putting it all over I was lighten the clear spots but the spots were still darker than the rest of my face, which made it look the same just a lighten version. I decided to try the MQ/RA to lighten my body in to the same shade as my face. But I thought that maybe I could used this mix on these stubborn spot to lighten them and then go back to just using the 8% hydro again. I think another thing with the hydro is either my skin has become use to it and is no longer working or I'm experiencing redarking which I've read that hydro can do sometimes. I'm hardly EVER exposed to sun. The only time I'm ever in the sun is when I go to and from the car, and I do use a high level sunscreen.I 've also tried all kinds of treatment for these spots outside of using the hydro...... peels,microderm.... obagi skin care treatment etc.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion