The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Lemon for Clearer Skin
Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:11 am by Terrie Dawson

» Home made face mask
Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:47 am by Terrie Dawson

» Natural Scar Remover
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:28 am by Kathness1007

» Red Tomatoes
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:27 am by Kathness1007

» Natural tips to remove blackheads
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:24 am by Kathness1007

» Home Remedies For Stretch Marks
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:22 am by Kathness1007

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:20 am by Kathness1007

» anti aging skin care products
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:18 am by Kathness1007

» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:16 am by Kathness1007

» Help Under Eye Circles & Fine Lines :(
Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 am by Kathness1007

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Tue May 11, 2010 2:54 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
What are your thoughts on this? What if I should mix Nadinola and 20 grams of MQ together along with RA? Anyone tried this before? Let me know what you think.

2 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Tue May 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
I haven't tried it, but I will try contacting a few derms and chemists about this mix and if it is possibly effective or not.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

3 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Wed May 12, 2010 8:39 am

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Wow GG, keep us posted. I heard of someone using all three formulas, HQ4%, MQ10 & Ra. I am willing to try it if there are no great side effects.

4 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Wed May 12, 2010 12:21 pm

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am not sure why you want to do this allure? Retin a with MQ works, been done, and studied extensively, HQ with retin a also shown to be effective.

Now Mq is stronger than Hq, hence faster results, like mono is faster than Mq, why would you want to mix mq with Hq? It is like mixing mono with Mq?? There is no point, plus mixing two different ingredients which have not been studied to be mixed, you risk other complications, sometimes things work better alone, once you mix them other things might happen.

5 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Oh Sara thanks for your thoughts. I read somewhere where someone was doing this. I was not about to embark on something that could be potentially dangerous, but wanted to find out more about the chemical reactions etc. What I was thinking is getting more for my buck and having my mixture last a lot longer. Again I would not venture out on unsolicited territory with proper research. LOL

6 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Wed May 12, 2010 9:03 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
I have read the mequinol being used with gel being it's vehicle may be more effective than mequinol in a cream or lotion base, althouigh both can be effective.

7 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 am

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Interesting GG, what what kind of gel? Should I just get the pure kind such a fruits of the earth aloe? Or Johnsons body gel?

8 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Thu May 13, 2010 10:14 am

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That could be right GG, Gel has high alcohol content ,I think the effectiveness of solage is due its high alcohol content, although it is mainly 2% but it has 77% alcohol, which means all the 2% is totally absorbed.

I tried high alcohol content with my mono, not that high but up to 20% but alcohol and mono is very strong stuff, it is very irritant so I cut down but I know the speed was much faster with high alcohol content.

Both Mq and Mono dissolve in ethanol, I know that Mq is less harsh than mono but trying high alcohol content is better option for faster, the problem is that most of the Mq you guys get it is already peppered. Adding alcohol on top will just not work.

9 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Thu May 13, 2010 10:16 am

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
allure wrote:Oh Sara thanks for your thoughts. I read somewhere where someone was doing this. I was not about to embark on something that could be potentially dangerous, but wanted to find out more about the chemical reactions etc. What I was thinking is getting more for my buck and having my mixture last a lot longer. Again I would not venture out on unsolicited territory with proper research. LOL

I know hun, you are just thinking loud, I was also thinking loud, was I shouting?? lol

10 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Thu May 13, 2010 2:18 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
LOL @ Sara. More like shouting aloud. Hahahhaha. Natural skin gels such as fruit of the earth does not contain alcohol, right? If memory serves me right I don't think it does. But that's a thought and thanks guys for the great tips!

11 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Thu May 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
I agree Sara, ethanol I see is most preferred. I onder how well this wil work with hq + ethanol as well. So the higher alcohol content promotes better absorption? interesting.

Allure I'm unsure about the aloe gel and gels already made. But, I was thinking of a homemade concoction of perhaps mequinol powder, ethanol, and gelling agents like carbomer and xanthum gum.

12 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Fri May 14, 2010 9:33 am

allure

Accepted
Privileged
GG do you want me to blow up my house? LMAO!! I would rather let the experts do this for me. I am not able to do it because of the kids and my nosy hubby. Seeing that ethanol promotes absorption, I might have to get it because the mix of my MQ and eucerin with ra stinks to high heaven. Good gosh...rotten eggs! I am thinking that it is urea in the eucerin along with the MQ that is wreaking havoc on my nostrils! I can't wait to finish the darn thing now....but my goodness I am getting even better results than my first mixture!

13 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Fri May 14, 2010 11:36 am

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Sorry allure I didn’t mean to shout, I do get excited tough [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GG not just ethanol, the main factor is solubility, and both mono and Mq dissolve in ethanol, HQ dissolve in water which is great, ethanol can be very irritant to skin combined with chemicals.

14 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Fri May 14, 2010 11:41 am

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
allure wrote:GG do you want me to blow up my house? LMAO!! I would rather let the experts do this for me. I am not able to do it because of the kids and my nosy hubby. Seeing that ethanol promotes absorption, I might have to get it because the mix of my MQ and eucerin with ra stinks to high heaven. Good gosh...rotten eggs! I am thinking that it is urea in the eucerin along with the MQ that is wreaking havoc on my nostrils! I can't wait to finish the darn thing now....but my goodness I am getting even better results than my first mixture!
Yup urea is great for dermal absorption, will write list of the vehicles for dermal absorption

15 Re: Hydroquinone mixed with mequinol? on Fri May 14, 2010 3:50 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
Oh that would be super great Sara. Then I will know what to look for in the ingredient lists!! I can't wait! But oh Lord, it really heightens the smell of MQ! Ew[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] LOL.
Don't feel bad about getting excited, I like that when people are excited and look out for each other!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forums