The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.


- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts


Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.


Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!


All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.


Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.


Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.


The Conversation Chamber



You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Fri May 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Kandiluv

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
Just wanted to show Sammy Sosa is getting darker so whatever he used it was only temporary. But Sammy's skin hasn't darkened to his original color yet, he is still lighter.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Fri May 14, 2010 11:01 pm

Indigo

avatar
Visitor
Visitor
That's the thing with lightening...the results are very hard to maintain. If and when he does market his products I would like to see how the company tackles that issue.

I will say his current look is much more natural looking and suits him better.

3 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sat May 15, 2010 9:44 am

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
His colouring is much better. He may have altered whatever his regime is, in reaction to the response he got from the initial unveiling of his his new skin colour. I am sure what was said made for very uncomfortable reading.

4 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sat May 15, 2010 3:46 pm

cordellpuss


Accepted
Accepted
He deffinately looks better.

5 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sat May 15, 2010 7:16 pm

sara

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
wow he got dark already?

6 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sat May 15, 2010 10:34 pm

skin lighten beauty


Accepted
Accepted
He does look better with some color now. I wonder if he wants to redarken completely or just maintain what he already has now? Hiw new color looks more normal on him with his undertones.

7 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 1:38 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
Whatever he had used was very temporary. I wouldn't be surprised if it was plain 'ol hq & ra.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

8 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 3:14 am

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well whatever happend he looks a thousand times better. That last color was just....no words.

Gg I wouldn't be surprised if he used fair and flawless and plans to sell it under his own label like sorisha did

9 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 3:19 am

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
MAHARANI wrote:His colouring is much better. He may have altered whatever his regime is, in reaction to the response he got from the initial unveiling of his his new skin colour. I am sure what was said made for very uncomfortable reading.

I'm sure there were some cruel remarks but maybe he needed that. Maybe those closest to him sugar coated it and he needed someone who could be more objective and just say how bad he really did look

10 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Amyyy

avatar
Visitor
Visitor
Golden Girl wrote:Whatever he had used was very temporary. I wouldn't be surprised if it was plain 'ol hq & ra.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thats what I'm using now. I only want to lighten up to ciara's shade. Not that whitish grey colour sammy had

11 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Kandiluv

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
Hq isn't going to make you look grey unless you use like a very high percent and try to lighten super fast with it. But since your lightening gradually and only 4% your skin has chance to adjust and your using retin-a too so your skin is exfoliating.

12 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
As long as you don't abuse it things should run smoothly.

You know he could have used mega blast cream, it contains 4% hq I believe. I thought about using it but the site looked questionable and I don't know about them claiming beyonce uses it

13 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
I agree, as long as it isn't abused and your exfoliating along with using hq, as for any lightener. I'm unsure if he used some new technology of skin lightener or if it is just something that has been around for ages. His new complexion looks better on him, but when he was at his lightest, he looked like an hq abuser.

I know that hydroquinone is used by many dermatologists usually nolonger than around 6 months while also exfoliating. Between 2-5% hq is most commonly the standard, I have readeven 7-8% being used by derms, but this can come with more risks used at lengthier amouts of time. 4% Hq is as high as I would go. I'm unsure about hq being used to lighten or to maintain alon with exfoliation for years though. Something more gentle I would prefer.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

14 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Maybe he wasn't using ret a before. It is supposed to help moisturize the skn

15 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 8:08 pm

Chris


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Yeah, he looks better now. He looked like a vampire before.

16 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Sun May 16, 2010 11:55 pm

LiteNYellow

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
I hope Sosa doesn't try lightening to that degree again. His wife should have discouraged him since it really didn't look right on him.

17 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Mon May 17, 2010 7:15 am

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
Sometimes, all it takes is that photo where you just don't look right, for you to realise that you don't quite look the way you see your reflection in the mirror. My thoughts are that he genuinely thought he looked good otherwise I am sure he would not have stepped out to be photographed. I know I definitely would not.
..

18 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 am

MAHARANI

avatar
Moderator
Privileged
Alizee love,

I am sure you must get tired of me saying don't buy something, but I have tried Mega Blast. It looked like something that had been concocted out of household cleaning substances and smelled like it too. I did not see any lightening with it but I have to add that I did not finish the entire jar. I was actually too scared to, as I later read that there may have been all sorts of harmful things in it. Now I don't know how true this is, but I would say PASS on this one.


.

19 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
lol well you seem to be the expert since you have tried almost evreything under the son lol.
I thought about using MB for a hot second but then I went to their site and sw how cheap it looked. Then a person named nikki something was praising it and I see her name and variations of that name on various boards praising different creams and such so I wonder if she is a seller or something.
The only things I'm sure work are ret a, hq, meq, fair and flawless, and fair and white so I'll probably buy one of those

20 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Tue May 18, 2010 12:05 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:Sometimes, all it takes is that photo where you just don't look right, for you to realise that you don't quite look the way you see your reflection in the mirror. My thoughts are that he genuinely thought he looked good otherwise I am sure he would not have stepped out to be photographed. I know I definitely would not.
..
True. I hope I never come across a photo that shows a negative greyish look ever! So far, I like my appearance in the photos, and only drawback at the moment is just not to the lightest that I'm reaching towards as of yet.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

21 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Tue May 18, 2010 12:17 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
MAHARANI wrote:Alizee love,

I am sure you must get tired of me saying don't buy something, but I have tried Mega Blast. It looked like something that had been concocted out of household cleaning substances and smelled like it too. I did not see any lightening with it but I have to add that I did not finish the entire jar. I was actually too scared to, as I later read that there may have been all sorts of harmful things in it. Now I don't know how true this is, but I would say PASS on this one.

Megablast I remember lurking on forums about how sucessful they were on lightening back when there was some hype about it. So, I had contacted 2 people (a girl and a guy) who claimed on different boards on how light it had made them and said they had before/after pictures of their results if anyone was interested in viewing them. So, I had requested to view their before/after pics and I was highly dissapointed with what I had saw because in the photos they were wearing the same clothing and taken in very different lighting. Their befores were taken with all of the lights turned off and was very dark and the afters were close up and the lighting was so strong some of the features had practically faded with the light. I later read on one board someone had mentioned for people to call the phone lines and hear the unprofessionalism in the voice mail of the bad singing...I was curious and decided to call and the singing wasn't very good nor professional for a company.

I had also read that megablast was made in a kitchen sink or bath tub, but I don't know how true it was. But, there is a report filed on a complaint site stating that megablast was tested and contained mercury and/or steroids along with hq. I don't know if it was 100% really tested or not, possibly. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really tested as there had been users complaining of side effects from it's use.


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

22 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Tue May 18, 2010 12:32 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:lol well you seem to be the expert since you have tried almost evreything under the son lol.
I thought about using MB for a hot second but then I went to their site and sw how cheap it looked. Then a person named nikki something was praising it and I see her name and variations of that name on various boards praising different creams and such so I wonder if she is a seller or something.
hmmm... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol..no comment


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

23 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 am

Golden Girl

avatar
Administrator
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:
The only things I'm sure work are ret a, hq, meq, fair and flawless, and fair and white so I'll probably buy one of those

It seem as though hydroquinone really is the "gold standard" to lightening the skin. Although mono and mq are by far not hq, they are also hq derivatives. Brands like nadinola, fair & white, melalite, neo strata to name a few all contain hq being it's active ingredient. And more "natural" derivatives such as arbutin/bearberry and synthetic arbutin aka alpha arbutin which do help lighten, but are not as potent as hq in the same percentages.

And the more "natural" fair & flawless/pure perfect and makari being of more "natural" skin lightening brands that has been shown to give skin lightening, set their prices so high making it difficult for many to reach or at most maintain the results with these brands.



Last edited by Golden Girl on Tue May 18, 2010 7:39 pm; edited 2 times in total


_________________
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen Is:
Neutrogena Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub (cleanser)
Tretinoin/Retin-A 0.05% (exfoliant)
All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

24 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Tue May 18, 2010 2:40 am

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Golden Girl wrote:
Alizee love wrote:lol well you seem to be the expert since you have tried almost evreything under the son lol.
I thought about using MB for a hot second but then I went to their site and sw how cheap it looked. Then a person named nikki something was praising it and I see her name and variations of that name on various boards praising different creams and such so I wonder if she is a seller or something.
hmmm... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lol..no comment

Hmmm I'm going to make an educated guess and say you have experience with this person. I was excited about her posts since some were informative but the way she raved was similar to those whacka$$ "testimonials" but in case she is reading this, "Hey girl *waves*" lol.

25 Re: Sammy Sosa is getting darker now on Tue May 18, 2010 2:43 am

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Golden Girl wrote:
MAHARANI wrote:Alizee love,

I am sure you must get tired of me saying don't buy something, but I have tried Mega Blast. It looked like something that had been concocted out of household cleaning substances and smelled like it too. I did not see any lightening with it but I have to add that I did not finish the entire jar. I was actually too scared to, as I later read that there may have been all sorts of harmful things in it. Now I don't know how true this is, but I would say PASS on this one.

Megablast I remember lurking on forums about how sucessful they were on lightening back when there was some hype about it. So, I had contacted 2 people (a girl and a guy) who claimed on different boards on how light it had made them and said they had before/after pictures of their results if anyone was interested in viewing them. So, I had requested to view their before/after pics and I was highly dissapointed with what I had saw because in the photos they were wearing the same clothing and taken in very different lighting. Their befores were taken with all of the lights turned off and was very dark and the afters were close up and the lighting was so strong some of the features had practically faded with the light. I later read on one board someone had mentioned for people to call the phone lines and hear the unprofessionalism in the voice mail of the bad singing...I was curious and decided to call and the singing wasn't very good nor professional for a company.

I had also read that megablast was made in a kitchen sink or bath tub, but I don't know how true it was. But, there is a report filed on a complaint site stating that megablast was tested and contained mercury and/or steroids along with hq. I don't know if it was 100% really tested or not, possibly. But, I wouldn't be surprised if it was really tested as there had been users complaining of side effects from it's use.

One night after cramming I went on some random forums and there was a girl who posted some b/a pictures and she had cut her eyes out so as not to be reconized; however, she was wearing the same clothes in both and her skin was NOT lighter, maybe a glow but that's it.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 
  •  

Make a forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com