The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Water Fasting on Mon May 17, 2010 8:43 am

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well I am great believer in fasting, and its great benefits, some people call it starvation diet, I beg to differ, it is the best of all detox.
The most I have done was 6 days, there are long term fasters, some go up to 30 days. I just love water fasting, you feel cleansed and in great shape in no time, you lose 1-2 pounds a day.

The first 3 days are the hardest but after you get through them, you lose any hunger, you body switch to ketosis and start burning its own body fat for energy.
The longer you fast, the longer you need to break the fast gently and safely, switching to juice, then to really soft fruits... then to watered down green smoothies, and slowly you introduce food, you can’t break it on pizza just because you feel like it, that way, you undone all you great work .

They say you normally need one day of juice for every week on water fasting. It teaches you patience, appreciating food, and learning the basic principle of eating, eat when you are hungry, and don’t stuff your face.
If you have no health problems, water fast can be great for detoxing, losing weight and just reflection on other important things in life rather than food.

When you fast you realise how much time we spend on food a day, thinking about it, buying it, cooking it, eating it, cleaning the dishes, watching tv with ad full of foods

2 Re: Water Fasting on Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 am

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
I find fasting essential for both body and mind, including the soul. For me it help cleanses the mind as well as the body. And I agree, you feel lighter and it really does teach you self-discipline and how we view food. I have been on several types of fasts anddiets, but I never been on a water fasting type of diet though.

Last edited by Golden Girl on Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

3 Re: Water Fasting on Tue May 18, 2010 8:40 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
The concept sounds wonderful and whilst I am by NO means a greedy person, the thought of no food, just blows my mind. At the moment, I am actually watching what I eat, as I have stoppped going to the gym, and I have found reducing my calorie intake fairly easy, but I know that it would be difficult to totally restrict myself, especially if my family are cooking and eating.
That said, I feel that I should try it though, because I like the idea of really thinking carefully about how you eat., I know that there is a lot of eating that goes on without any thought and in a hurry. My nieces and nephews are a great case. They have a big sunday dinner and immediately say they are still hungry. This constant grazing goes on until they leave and I often ask them, are you really hungry or are you bored ? Are you thirsty maybe? Do you really want more of that cake? It does not work, but it does make me think more about HOW I eat.

4 Re: Water Fasting on Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am

sara

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I know the thought of no food is scary but think of it this way, when animal get ill, they lose their appetite they resort to fasting to get the body to fight the toxins.

Human eat when they get ill, even if they don’t feel like it, they tell them self we need to eat for energy, if you give the body time to fight toxins in your body it is done by fasting, but giving it food too will be too much work to do, body will not fight in full optimum.

They are other options like juice fasting without pulp, the body will take all the nutrients it needs and still does not have to do much work.

5 Re: Water Fasting on Tue May 18, 2010 12:57 pm

allure

Accepted
Privileged
I know what you mean about the fasting. I am not able to do it. I stuff my body tons of water but I have to eat something. I will go an entire day or two on just water, coffee and perhaps some grapes or almonds and goji berries but apart from that I just can't do it. I guess my mind plays a major role telling itself it can't but...I love food and I am not a person to eat unhealthy but there are times when I just have to have it! LOL

6 Re: Water Fasting on Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Golden Girl

Administrator
Privileged
Fasting is a challenge, what has helped me was to start little by little and making small changes for small amount of time..with time you'll build tolerance. But, if you have ailments such as diabetes and such, your personal health comes first and smll changes that your diet allows come second. People fast for a variety of reasons. Well, for me most of my fasting is religious and spiritual reasons, mainly need of guidance if I feel I am going off of the path that I should be on. Small changes that I had started off with were not eating at certain times, no meat for a few days, no juice and instead only water, things of that nature and would gradually throughout the years make add changes and extend the period of time of fasting. Sweets are often a temptation of mine..lol, especially dark chocolate. But once you complete, you feel really good. But if you mess up, just continue with your fast as you realize your weaknesses and stengths and working towards correting them.

All Day Chemist Hq 4% (lightener)
RX Suncare: Sport Sunblock SPF 50 (sunblock)
-----------------------------------------------
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

7 Rice eater on Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:57 pm

wandnancy91

Visitor
Visitor
I eat rice for my meals. When ever I want to lose weight fast I only eat bread and only one meal with rice. I also take the recommended amount of water per day. Would you call it fasting?

8 Re: Water Fasting on Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 am

sunita1211

Visitor
Visitor
hi there,

Water fasting can help individuals burn fat. Fasting starts when carbohydrates stored in the body are utilized for energy.water fasting for 24 hours increases the metabolism of fat among women by 1,300 percent and among men by 2,000 percentIf followed step by step
Step 1
Fast no longer than 24 hours. Fasting more than 24 hours continues to increase the amount of muscle metabolized. Muscle burns more calories per pound than fat. After you break the fast, you will need muscle to keep your metabolism from slowing down.
Step 2
Engage in light- to moderate-intensity aerobic exercise. Do not overexert yourself, and do take sporadic breaks. Calories burned during aerobic exercise while fasting will primarily consist of calories burned from fat.
Step 3
Hydrate your body frequently. Drink eight or more 8 oz. glasses of water. Try drinking ice-cold water. Ice water causes the body to burn more calories, since the body needs to expend energy to generate heat after consuming the cold water.
Step 4
Get plenty of rest. Reducing sleep can decrease fat-burning up to 55 percent, according to a 2010 study published in "Annals of Internal Medicine." Additionally, lack of sleep increases your appetite, and may lead to binge-eating or yo-yo dieting.
Step 5
Engage in deep-breathing exercises. Breathe in through the nose for five seconds and release air through the mouth. Do at least five sets of 30 repetitions per day. Oxygen is required for the body to burn fat. Increasing the availability of oxygen may enhance this process.
Step 6
Break your fast gradually. Your ghrelin levels, a hormone that increases your appetite, will be heightened after fasting. These increased levels may cause you to want to eat large quantities of food. Try to eat small amounts of fruits, vegetables or rice initially. If you binge after a fast, most calories consumed will be stored as fat, which counters your efforts to burn fat while fasting.

9 Water Fasting on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:45 am

David147

Accepted
Accepted
The more toxic your body is, the more intense your discomfort will be in those early days if you haven't properly prepared. It can be difficult to continue on your own if the symptoms have become frightening.
The speed at which old conditions can right themselves during a water fast is incredible. It's amazing the little health "issues" that just go away--the mole that just drops off, the shoulder that's been achy for years suddenly feels well again, that little patch of "weird" skin you've grown accustomed to vanishes without a trace...and those are just the little things. Fasting can even alleviate some "big" things, but if you have major health conditions, you may benefit from having professional supervision.
Water fasters are advised to consume one to two quarts per day of the purest water available or to use distilled water. (While distilled water is not good for everyday consumption, it is good during a fast for its increased ability to bind to toxins.) The first few days of a fast are the most difficult. Besides the emotional challenge of going without food, these first days may have the most intense and uncomfortable symptoms of detoxification. After that, the body adjusts to the new fasting state, and most individuals feel little further discomfort, even hunger disappears.
After 2-3 days, the body goes into a state called ketosis, where it begins to fuel itself internally by burning fat cells. Ketosis occurs around 48 hours for women and 72 hours for men according to Dr. Joel Fuhrman, author of Fasting and Eating for Health. The length of time one can safely operate in ketosis varies from person to person. When hunger returns, often called "true hunger", it will be an unmistakable call of the body for nourishment, and is a signal to end the fast.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum