The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

1Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri May 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Yasmynn

Yasmynn
Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

I read a post before, but now i cannot find it. I want to know where to buy lactic or glycolic acid at a good price. There was a post that included information about where to buy, they said you have to know how to use it b/c it comes with no instructions, but you get a lot more for your money.

26Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Hey porcelian.
Allure is right, two months will probably be a good amount of time to see improvements. However, it depends on what your skin shade is now. If you are light like Tyra Banks two shade may not be hard to achieve but if your darker like say Imaan, it might take longer for you to see the difference. Everyones skin is diferent so no two people will have the same results.. I did use the Fair and White gel and wile I belive it lightend me well( stupid me forgot to take pictures), it redarkend me very soon after I nolonger used it. I shall now use hq 4% and ret a 0.05%.

I would go to the thread that contains various different whiteners

27Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
allure wrote:Alizee - lol. so you like horror movies too huh? It's one of my favorites in movies! The suspense, the gore and the horror!

I do like some but I'm too big on them. For instance while I do enjoy some I really could not tell you who directed what movie lol. I prefer the suspense to the blood and guts. Now I don't mind a little gore but there has to be a central theme and can't be as dumb as Killer Klowns from Outer Space, that's right clown spelt with a "k". Lol if a movie has story like The Ring I can enjoy it.

28Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:57 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
MAHARANI wrote:Gosh, if I hadn't already been a peel user, I think I would have all sorts of ideas conjured up by now ladies !!! LOL

Alizee love, trust me when I say, when used correctly and with proper care and maintenance, carrying out peels can be invaluable. I would recommend to anyone who is a tad cautious about trying it, that they should consider applying it to tougher areas like the knees and elbows and then see how good it can be. Even if you never use it on your face, it is great for the body.

Lol no maharani I know that it will not eat through me lol but years ago when people I knew first started getting acid peels done I did cringe. I know it can't literaly eat through you but it just sounded like it hurt lol.

29Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:01 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Alizee love,
you seem like you would like the saw movies then.

PorcelainSkin
makari and retin a might work really good for just two shades.

30Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh no thanks lol.
They should have stoped at saw 4 maybe 5.

31Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:39 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Alizee love wrote:
allure wrote:Alizee - lol. so you like horror movies too huh? It's one of my favorites in movies! The suspense, the gore and the horror!

I do like some but I'm too big on them. For instance while I do enjoy some I really could not tell you who directed what movie lol. I prefer the suspense to the blood and guts. Now I don't mind a little gore but there has to be a central theme and can't be as dumb as Killer Klowns from Outer Space, that's right clown spelt with a "k". Lol if a movie has story like The Ring I can enjoy it.
Never seen the Killer Klowns but I too enjoy movies with a story attached to it and I love older horror movies too!

32Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i hate gore but the saw movies are is exception.

hey, i think i'm privileged

33Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:41 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
I love the gore, I have enjoyed all the saw movies too!

34Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
The gore is ok but I find horror movies based in some sort of reality like saw to be the most terrifying because they could possibly happen.
Now I did find the haunting in Connecticut to be scary as h*ll lol.

Killer klowns is a very very very corny movie lol I mean the evil aliens look like clowns and use shadow puppets, popcorn blasters, and a cotton candy cacoon to kill peopl lmao

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

35Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:27 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Thanks for the link Alizee, the killer klowns sounds too much made up. OMG that movie sounds so childish..popcorn blasters? cotton candy? LOL. Now I'm getting hungry.

36Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:31 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
all this talk about killer klowns makes me want to watch it

37Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Don't do it....don't do it lol. No you should do it, its funny as heck in all its B movie greatness lol.

Alure I watched this because I had sen It *shivers* and so I thought this would make me not so freaked out by clowns and it worked. I still don't find clowns funny but they don't scare me

38Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:00 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Alizee have you noticed how these movie directors market the best part of the film and then when you really get to see it, it just sucks? This has happen to me many times. I saw a preview to one recently and it looks so good..what was the name of it again? Hmmm, oh yeah SPLICE ...looks really good (well the preview).

39Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:27 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
the scariest clown i'v seen was the guy from the devil's rejects.
good movie, sick to

40Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:58 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
allure wrote:Alizee have you noticed how these movie directors market the best part of the film and then when you really get to see it, it just sucks? This has happen to me many times. I saw a preview to one recently and it looks so good..what was the name of it again? Hmmm, oh yeah SPLICE ...looks really good (well the preview).

Yes I'm really familiar with that little hoodrat move. They did it for Wolfman....lame and a hour of my life I will never get back.

Devils rejects? Sounds familiar

41Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:14 pm

allure

allure
Accepted
Privileged
Devils reject..of course I remember! OMG the things that hollywood does to get MO'MONEY!

42Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Devils rejects was a rob zombie movie right?

Its making me think of Devils Advocate which I found boring

43Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:27 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
yeah rob zombie, about a family of serial killers

44Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Ah well I guess the family that kills together, stays together

45Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:38 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi guys,

Please can someone help me. Is Lactic acid really effective? How does one use it? And can you get it at any pharmacy? Do you use it in conjunction with skin lightening products? I am very sceptical with products containing hydroquinoine, is it really recommended to use them especially for long term? Or are they more natural and safe products that are very effective?

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

PorcelainSkin

46Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:20 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
thats a lot to tackle, OK let the doctor operate (thats me if your wondering)

Is Lactic acid really effective?

i HEARD it's the best to use. or you can make your own most of the chemicals come from fruits this sit can show you home remedies for Lactic acid Malic acid Tartaric Acid Citric Acid and Glycolic acid peels.

How does one use it?

hmmm, rub it on your face lol.it it's store bought once evrey 2 weeks, or 1-3 time a week it's really up to you and how sensitive your skin. if it is homemade it may not be that strong so you might use it every day, maybe skip one.

And can you get it at any pharmacy?

yeah,maybe just go to any store or website no prescription is needed if thats what your getting at.

Do you use it in conjunction with skin lightening products?

you can, it;s best to start peeling 2 weeks before you get your product. but other people not associated with lightening use it all the time for fresh skin.

I am very sceptical with products containing hydroquinoine, is it really recommended to use them especially for long term?

well, studies shows it causes cancer but this is in rats exposed to high % of HQ in long periods of time. but people are not 100% sure if the effects will mirror in humans. you have a better chance getting cancer if you smoke and that can take up to 40 years. so i would say don't worry about it chances are you wont be using it for that long, but if your uncomfortable there are other options.

Or are they more natural and safe products that are very effective?

...yes

hope that helps, hands are getting tired, time for the Olympic finger stretch

47Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:44 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well with hq it is recomended to be used no more then six months at a time but there are some who have used it for years at a time with no ill affects.

Lactic acid is becoming ver popular these days and can be bought on amazon and ebay for around 15 bucks. I myself have not used it but have read others having great results. As always be careful and you might want to try a trial patch on your wrist or somwhere not noticeable plus the skin on your body is thicker then on your face

48Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:52 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ohh wait, alizee you reminded me i did not post the site with the home remedy peels.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here you go p-skin

49Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:54 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
ohh i see how that sounds, that was short for PorcelainSkin

should have just rote that the first time,lol

50Lactic or Glycolic acid - Page 2 Empty Re: Lactic or Glycolic acid Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Lol yeah now if she had asked a psychological questin I probably would have nearly written a research paper lol. But your answer was informative lol

One more thing porcelianskin, if you do use this in conjunstion with hq and ret a you should stop using the ret a two to three days prior to doing a peel and wait a couple days afterwards before you start applying again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com