The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

1 Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sun May 30, 2010 2:26 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

now i know not everyone is of African descent, but has any one noticed that they have been treated differently after or during lighting? just a thought, this is not something i have personally experienced but i'v herd a lot about it.

51 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:16 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I appreciate your sentiment but I know that it was definitely down to colour in my case. It has been happening for too long for me not to know that this is the truth. I stay positive and keep striving for something that will work for me

52 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:18 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Good for you that you reamin positive. I am not going to sugar coat here so will say that I agree that this world definitley does have it's preferences and it has mainly been in favour of the beautiful. That term "blue Eyed boy" shows exactly what the pecking order is. So where does that leave the dark eyed woman????? However I agree with the comment that eventaully one's appearance can only count for so much and other things need to be taken into account. You could be the most beautiful but if there is nothing behind it then it means absolutely nothing to me. I hate to make generalisations but I have met many good looking people who were absolutley awful with no persoanlity or nice qualities !!!

53 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:50 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I know it is not the same thing but it sort of makes me think about how people can be treated with regards to how they look. I have ben following a channel 4 series called "beauty and the beast- ugly face of prejudice" and a comment made by one of the "beauties" made me really think, is that how people really think? She said something along the lines of " if you are not pretty then you are nothing!".

They felt that their looks was their passport to getting exactly what they wanted and they had all had cosmetic surgery in order to achieve or get close to their idea of "perfection". Some of them even getting into massive amounts of debt. I feel we are really heading towards a beauty obssessed society. What I found interesting as well was that all of them had been bullied as youngsters or considered themselves as ugly before the comsmetic transformation. So it does not surprise me if anyone feels that looking a certain way brings different opportunities. Like you said gothqueen the media plugs a certain look so I suppose being lighter skinned would make you more closer to the "ideal" than being dark.

Here is a link to the series info which you can watch if anyone is interested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

54 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:48 pm

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I thought I was the only one watching that program!!! Anyone who I ever ask about it say they don't watch it. Yes it is definitely an eye opener. There are some very sad stories from those who have facial abnormalities but at the same time it makes you realise that they probably have more confidence than a lot of people out there. Some of the ladies who were having the surgery were going to some serious lengths. It was ridiculous and just showed how little confidence they had.

55 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:42 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:Good for you that you reamin positive. I am not going to sugar coat here so will say that I agree that this world definitley does have it's preferences and it has mainly been in favour of the beautiful. That term "blue Eyed boy" shows exactly what the pecking order is. So where does that leave the dark eyed woman????? However I agree with the comment that eventaully one's appearance can only count for so much and other things need to be taken into account. You could be the most beautiful but if there is nothing behind it then it means absolutely nothing to me. I hate to make generalisations but I have met many good looking people who were absolutley awful with no persoanlity or nice qualities !!!

THANK YOU for being real about what I see every single day of my life. Most people would say that it is all in my head but unless you have experienced it yourself you are not going to fully understand what I am saying. I have to work harder just to try and be at the same level as someone who I know does not have half my ability but fits into the "desired" look

56 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:47 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:I know it is not the same thing but it sort of makes me think about how people can be treated with regards to how they look. I have ben following a channel 4 series called "beauty and the beast- ugly face of prejudice" and a comment made by one of the "beauties" made me really think, is that how people really think? She said something along the lines of " if you are not pretty then you are nothing!".

They felt that their looks was their passport to getting exactly what they wanted and they had all had cosmetic surgery in order to achieve or get close to their idea of "perfection". Some of them even getting into massive amounts of debt. I feel we are really heading towards a beauty obssessed society. What I found interesting as well was that all of them had been bullied as youngsters or considered themselves as ugly before the comsmetic transformation. So it does not surprise me if anyone feels that looking a certain way brings different opportunities. Like you said gothqueen the media plugs a certain look so I suppose being lighter skinned would make you more closer to the "ideal" than being dark. Here is a link to the series info which you can watch if anyone is interested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You are right that there is an ideal and the magazines and media ram it down your throat.If you didn't realise it before then they definitely let you know

57 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:49 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I will check out those programs when I have more time. They look interesting Kim

58 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Kim that is an interesting link. I love those types of shows. I have saved it to view at leisure Very Happy

59 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:03 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:

THANK YOU for being real about what I see every single day of my life. Most people would say that it is all in my head but unless you have experienced it yourself you are not going to fully understand what I am saying. I have to work harder just to try and be at the same level as someone who I know does not have half my ability but fits into the "desired" look

Please don't take this the wrong way but be careful that your life does not become a situation where everything is blamed on your skin colour. It is easy to have one bad experience and then say that anything that does not go our way was due to the same thing. Hope I don't offend you. I just want you to keep an open mind

60 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:46 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
If you have not expereinced discrimination it is ifficult to believe what I am saying but I know what is hapening around me. But as I said before I am not goign to be bitter about it but I will do something about it. Hence the reason I am here.

61 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:53 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I get where you are both coming from. They say that until you walk in someone's shoes you are not going to really understand what they go through or what they are feeling but at the same time it can be very easy to see things that may not be as we perceive them. Sometimes just being alert to certain situations actually brings on what we are trying to avoid in the first place. There is a book "the law of attraction" that is a real eye opener and makes you realise that you need to keep positve thoughts and actions in your mind in order to bring the same into your life

62 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:06 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
This is why I always say that I will not allow the situation I am in to bring me down. I do get deprssed about it but I know getting angry and being nasty will not make things any better.

63 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Good way to think . There are way too many mean people out there already. Being pleasant and having a nice demeanour always makes the world so much more better to be in.

64 Re: Do Light Skinned Blacks Have It Easier? on Fri May 11, 2012 3:59 pm

kijanouye

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
i would say it depends on who you ask... i was very bright as a child i always admired my freinds and family with deeper brown skin even so much that i would always like to sit or play in the sun the to get the caramel skin the deeper my skin got the lighter my hair got and i would always get compliments on the contrast but as an adult my sun bathing habits have finally caught up with me and now i have major hyperpigmentation issuses i have just began using products that even skin tone out and i know my skin will lighten back up to its original melanin level but i have no intentions on getting lighter then that because caramels and cocoas are embraced more in my family

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum