The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

1 My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:10 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
Yasmynn,

thank you for the update. Good to hear that you have seen peeling and lightening, but a real shame that it has not been more uniform. Did you apply it so that the acid was on the skin for roughly about the same time for the whole area, as it sounds as though the acid may have been on longer on one side than the other.

I would also say that it is preferable to peform peels on a weekly basis. Sometimes with the lactic acid there is only micro peeling, very slight flaky peeling, and it is not always necessary to see peeling to get results. Again I would say, you know your skin better than anyone else, but please be careful.

I would also say that I am very surprised to hear that you chose not to dilute your acid, so again please be careful. It would be better to take things slower as I would hate to hear that you have done any damage. My fingers are crossed for you that you get the results you are looking for. The next time you do your peel, if you are trying to avoid areas that have already peeled, you can apply a layer of vaseline to them to act as a barrier and hopefully that will help any mistakes.

I am really looking forward to hearing how it goes for you and once agin thank you for sharing

3 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:14 pm

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
The left side peeled this morning. By the way, I didn't wash of until morning. No bad side effects. Told you I had tough skin!

4 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Yasmin
did you leave a 88% latic acid peel for over night?
I understand you know your skin better than anybody, but i hope you understand that is very risky and that you could of burned your face with it.
I did a latic peel acid 50% and left it 5 mits in my face and 10 mits in my body and then i wash it off with baking soda and water to neutrilize the peel. and my face still got burn from it around my lips and also in my neck. i dont know if you read about but if you leave a peel for too long it can cause pimples. Did you washed out with baking soda and water? if you didnt your peel still active in your skin.
so becareful and good look

5 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:03 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
Yasmynn,

Your skin must be made of TEFLON !!! Jokes aside, even the website states that the product must be used with caution and always diluted. It is not a good idea to leave this on overnight. And you have to remember that some of the effects of the peel may take days to come about, so you may be ok now, but who knows how things will be in a couple of days. I am really hoping that you will be the lucky one, but unless you are getting married to the King of England next week, please see if you can take it a tad slower.

Believe me when I say, I and I am sure the majority of people here would love to have results like yesterday, but know that most things have to take a little time.

Please don't be put off from posting how things turn out. We are all behind you and I will promise that this will be my last little lecture.....unless you start on the TCA !!!! Good luck hun.

6 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
No, everything is ok. I won't do it again though, because I did burn my face a little on my chin. I scratched it in my sleep and it was red when I woke up and now theres a burn.

7 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:33 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
Yasmynn,

I am so glad to hear that this is your last experiment. Sorry to hear about the scratch. As the skin is now more tender, this can easily happen. Do you have some fast healing antibiotic ointment that you can apply to help the healing process and protect the damaged area? Your local pharmacy should be able to provide it, if you don't have any to hand. And once the area is healed, you may find that applying emu oil or aloe vera will help with any further problems. Do keep updating on how it goes and speedy healing .

8 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 pm

darcskin

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
YASMNN: U said u had success with Makari and Nadinola, which of the Makari products did u use and were u mixing it with Nadinola or u used both products at different times? Also, can someone clarify: is it illegal to purchase 85% and up Lactic Acid peel without prescription, or its only illegal to use without a DR Applying it for u? thanks alll.

9 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:48 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
darcskin,

It is not illegal to purchase this percentage but it is imperative that special care and caution is used when dealing with this acid. Some companies will ask you to read their disclaimer stating that they are not responsible if the product is used incorrectly and you encounter problems. This is an acid and can potentially cause all sorts of problems.

I personally would not advise anyone to use such high percentages, unless they plan to dilute it with distilled water in order to obtain a much lower concentration OR they have done peels for a long period and have slowly allowed their skin to adapt to it.

What are you trying to achieve and are there particular areas you will be using it on, like the face, body, hard to peel areas like the elbows and knees?

10 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:58 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
And darcskin, welcome to the board. I am sure that the members here will be happy to help you with any questions you have. It would also be nice if you make a post in the introduction section so the other members can find out a little more and welcome you properly. Here is the link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:17 am

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
I used the makari body milk and nadinola extra strength. I cleaned my face with fair and white aha exfoliating soap and then put the nadinola on and then the makari on twice a day. After my skin got too light, I used once a day.

12 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:44 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, whats the difference between lactic acid and TCA peels?

13 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
Lactic is much gentler. Tca is very Strong and Is not recommended for dark skin.

14 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:54 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:Lactic is much gentler. Tca is very Strong and Is not recommended for dark skin.

GG, recommended TCA peels for elbows and knees.

15 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:41 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
strong peels can cause hyper pigmentation. tca is a strong peel but you can use it on really thick tough skin, like elbows and knees

16 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:19 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:strong peels can cause hyper pigmentation. tca is a strong peel but you can use it on really thick tough skin, like elbows and knees

oh okay, got it.. thank you..

17 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:27 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey guys, my arms have become so much darker than the rest of my body, what can i use to address this?

18 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:34 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
probably the same thing you use on your face if its cheap enough. but i herd makari is good for that to

19 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:probably the same thing you use on your face if its cheap enough. but i herd makari is good for that to

will the peel help perhaps?

20 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:10 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
on your body, oh yeah. i just hope you have the money, thats a lot of peel plus the cost of the lighteners.

21 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:31 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:on your body, oh yeah. i just hope you have the money, thats a lot of peel plus the cost of the lighteners.

yeah, il sort it out.. im not understanding something, how do i apply the peels all over my body?

22 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:36 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
i've purchased 4 bars of likas papaya soap, can i use it in conjunction with the peels for both face and body?

23 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:06 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
yes___I mean no wrote:on your body, oh yeah. i just hope you have the money, thats a lot of peel plus the cost of the lighteners.

yeah, il sort it out.. im not understanding something, how do i apply the peels all over my body?

hmm, thats a good question. you are the only person that i'v heard suggest that you put peels on your body.

but i would imagine you would first apply it on the thickest part of your body first, elbows and knees. wait 2 min and apply the rest everywhere except for sensitive areas. wait 2 min and apply to sensitive area, wait 1 min and rinse in shower... soooo if you do the math the thickest parts of your body had the peel on for 5 min, the regular parts for 3 min and the sensitive for one min.

or...now this is a stretch, and i don't now how well it will work...but you can try mixing your peel with your body wash, so while you bath you peel as well...just a thought

24 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:06 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

hmm, thats a good question. you are the only person that i'v heard suggest that you put peels on your body.

but i would imagine you would first apply it on the thickest part of your body first, elbows and knees. wait 2 min and apply the rest everywhere except for sensitive areas. wait 2 min and apply to sensitive area, wait 1 min and rinse in shower... soooo if you do the math the thickest parts of your body had the peel on for 5 min, the regular parts for 3 min and the sensitive for one min.

or...now this is a stretch, and i don't now how well it will work...but you can try mixing your peel with your body wash, so while you bath you peel as well...just a thought

yeah that sounds good.. but then, how do people lighten their bodies then?

25 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:05 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
makari body milk i heard works, but it's expensive. and the there MQ and ret a which is cheap and i'm trying right now. those two seem to be the most effective ones that work for a lot of people for there body and face

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Private forum on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com