The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

1 My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

201 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:37 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
Porcelainskin,

thanks for the update!!! I am glad to hear that you have healed well and have been able to peform another peel. Do not worry that you have not seen any peeling this time round. It is far better that than the possibilty of burning your skin. You have been fortunate, in that some who have burnt, have then had to suffer hyper-pigmentation on that area and then spent months trying to correct this. Keep taking it slow. I know it's hard when you want results like yesterday but it is far safer and more likely to yield the results you want in the long run. Keep the updates coming !!!

202 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:39 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Porcelainskin,

thanks for the update!!! I am glad to hear that you have healed well and have been able to peform another peel. Do not worry that you have not seen any peeling this time round. It is far better that than the possibilty of burning your skin. You have been fortunate, in that some who have burnt, have then had to suffer hyper-pigmentation on that area and then spent months trying to correct this. Keep taking it slow. I know it's hard when you want results like yesterday but it is far safer and more likely to yield the results you want in the long run. Keep the updates coming !!!

okay great, will take it slow, hopefully in about 2 months time, ill see great results. i wanted to start the lightening regimen early next month but im thinking how much longer am going to need to keep up with the peels.. i really want the old skin to peel off where they r lil blemishes.. il just have to be patient, im taking it slow, thanks.. but i am even suprised how quickly i healed, all the burned skin, peeeled off, there is no evidence at all that i burn Wink

203 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:04 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
In some cases it can take months to remove hyperpigmentation, dark marks and scars using peels. The skin has a memory and is very happy to keep producing these dark areas. Just continue with the peels making sure to take it slowly. Starting off with peels is a good idea as it means that when you then add your lightening regime you have a better canvas for the treatment and will see more uniform results.

204 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:43 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:In some cases it can take months to remove hyperpigmentation, dark marks and scars using peels. The skin has a memory and is very happy to keep producing these dark areas. Just continue with the peels making sure to take it slowly. Starting off with peels is a good idea as it means that when yo
u then add your lightening regime you have a better canvas for the treatment and will see more uniform results.

Yeah I agree, that's what I was thinking. But can I use the lightening regimen in conjucntion with the lactic peels??

205 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:18 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes but if your lightening cream/lotion/serum contains any acids then it should be stopped at least 2 -3 days beforehand and after the peel has been done. If it does not then you can resume a day or 2 after the peel as long as your skin has responded well to the peel and is not sore. Especially for the body continue with the peels for at least 6 weeks to get your skin nicely exfoliated.

206 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:24 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:Yes but if your lightening cream/lotion/serum contains any acids then it should be stopped at least 2 -3 days beforehand and after the peel has been done. If it does not then you can resume a day or 2 after the peel as long as your skin has responded well to the peel and is not sore. Especially for the body continue with the peels for at least 6 weeks to get your skin nicely exfoliated.

Yeah, I was initially going to do the peels for 4 weeks but im experiencing such little peeling that i think ill continue the peels for 6 weeks, as you suggested. im thinking of using the melalite, can i use that on the body too while doing the peels? even on the days that i do the peel, use it as a moisturiser on the body? i tried retin a but it did nothing to me at all, no peeling watsoever, i peeled on my face from the lactic peel..

207 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:25 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes you can use the HQ on the body but if you are going to use it there then you will be using a lot of tubes. Do not use it on the same day of the peels.

208 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:41 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:yes you can use the HQ on the body but if you are going to use it there then you will be using a lot of tubes. Do not use it on the same day of the peels.

oh okay, i was planning to complete the peels and then start the lightening but the peeling process is so slow, i cant even see any peeling at all..

209 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:38 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I have been reading up on peels and I am sure that with the lactic that you do not always see peeling

210 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:04 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
KIM is corect in that especailly with the lactic acid peel sometimes there is no visible peeling. You may just experience some flaking. Some people do see peeling but everyone is different. It does not mean that it is not working and you should start to see an improvement in your skin texture as you progress.

211 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:49 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:KIM is corect in that especailly with the lactic acid peel sometimes there is no visible peeling. You may just experience some flaking. Some people do see peeling but everyone is different. It does not mean that it is not working and you should start to see an improvement in your skin texture as you progress.

What improvements am I expecting to see??

212 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:57 pm

MAHARANI

Privileged
A softening of the skin and gradual improvement in discolourations. The exfoliation process also allows for a better canvas for when you start your lightening product, not only because you would have seen some brightening, but because there will be less of a barrier so products will absorb more readily.

213 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:32 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:A softening of the skin and gradual improvement in discolourations. The exfoliation process also allows for a better canvas for when you start your lightening product, not only because you would have seen some brightening, but because there will be less of a barrier so products will absorb more readily.

oh okay. well i have super soft skin already so it wouldnt hurt to have softer skin Wink i'm doing another lactic peel tomorrow, maybe i can keep it on for longer. I have not experienced anymore peeling on my face Sad

214 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:34 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I have decided to try out the lactic acid too. Last purchase now for a while I think as I have overdone it a bit. Will let you all know how I get on. Will only be using it on the body as I cannot afford anymore mishaps on my face.

215 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:29 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:
MAHARANI wrote:A softening of the skin and gradual improvement in discolourations. The exfoliation process also allows for a better canvas for when you start your lightening product, not only because you would have seen some brightening, but because there will be less of a barrier so products will absorb more readily.

oh okay. well i have super soft skin already so it wouldnt hurt to have softer skin Wink i'm doing another lactic peel tomorrow, maybe i can keep it on for longer. I have not experienced anymore peeling on my face Sad

Honestly you really don't need to see exfoliation to get the benefits of peels. A lot of people find the whole peeling phase a pain anyway. Just keep going as you are. The main thing is that you are actively removing the barrier that will make your lightener work better. It really is not worth risking going overboard just to see some peeling otherwise you may well risk hyper-pigmentation which is not what we want. Hope the next peel went well hun !!!

216 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
I have a love hate relationship the lactic peels not. For me, the area's that don't peel doesn't improve. The area's that do peel, are at least 3 shades lighter which is great, but then I end up with uneveness. So, it's aggrivating. I'm now trying to apply to the dark area's that haven't peeled. Can you imaging havging arms that are two COMPLETE different colors. The inside is soooo light and the outside is sooo dark. It's crazy!

217 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:I have a love hate relationship the lactic peels not. For me, the area's that don't peel doesn't improve. The area's that do peel, are at least 3 shades lighter which is great, but then I end up with uneveness. So, it's aggrivating. I'm now trying to apply to the dark area's that haven't peeled. Can you imaging havging arms that are two COMPLETE different colors. The inside is soooo light and the outside is sooo dark. It's crazy!

yes i completely understand what you mean and its realy frustrating. im also trying to lighten my arms which have darken and i only peeled around the inside of my elbow and armpits, but just flaking.. what % do you use?

218 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:11 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It is a difficult thing trying to strike the right balance between exfoliating evenly and over exfoliating. We need to remember that for most individuals the outer arm is always going to be darker than the inner as this is where the most sun exposure is received. It may be helpful if you can concentrate on using the peeling solution on the darker areas first before using it on all areas.

219 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:22 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:It is a difficult thing trying to strike the right balance between exfoliating evenly and over exfoliating. We need to remember that for most individuals the outer arm is always going to be darker than the inner as this is where the most sun exposure is received. It may be helpful if you can concentrate on using the peeling solution on the darker areas first before using it on all areas.

yeah thats what im doing because i once tried the peel all over my body and the stinging was so uncomfortable for me all over my body.. so i decided to just apply it over the darker areas and the progress is rather slow.. oh well, will just have to be patient..

220 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:03 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Have you done another one yet?I am waiting for my lactic acid to arrive. Will be the last purchase for a while. I got my bank statement and could't belive how much I had spent Shocked

221 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:23 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I did another one on Sunday, and no peeling at all.. Not much change and ive done 3 so far. will just keep doing them and hopefully i will see some dramatic change.. im not even peeling on my face either, quite strange actually..

222 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:30 am

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
I'm currentl using 88% as diluting with lotion does nothing.

223 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:44 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yasmynn wrote:I'm currentl using 88% as diluting with lotion does nothing.

i have the 88% but dilute it to about 44% for the body and about 22% for the face.. isnt 88& too harsh for? and i also find that even when i do dilute it, although i get an annoying stinging feeling that is so unbearable and itchy, i dont see any change as yet. my face only peeled when i burned it but now that the skin is back to normal, i dont even peel at all. there is this place that does body whitening where they use a cream, and aparently after one treatment, u get 1 to 1 and a half shades lighter and if you want to get even lighter, u go for more treatments. and they say u jst have to use lots of sunscreen thereafter.. im really considering it seeing as i only want to lighten by about 2 to 3 shades.. so they do a full body scrub, facial and body whitening for the treatment.. how effective could this be??

224 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:02 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Do they state what the active lightening ingredient is in this cream and how much do they charge per treatment?

225 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:05 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:I did another one on Sunday, and no peeling at all.. Not much change and ive done 3 so far. will just keep doing them and hopefully i will see some dramatic change.. im not even peeling on my face either, quite strange actually..

Not strange as it is quite common not to see any peeling with this particular acid. It is the gentlest of the chemical peels.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum