The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

1 My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 am

Yasmynn

Visitor
Visitor
First topic message reminder :

Ok. I received my lactic acid about a week ago from lotioncrafters. It came in 2 days!! Quick shipping! Anyway, I'm still watining for my mequinol and Retin A.
I applied the lactic acid last night. My skin is really resistant so I did a test with pure lactic acid and I didn't feel a thing. So, I put it on my face and neck with a wet towel. 88%. It tingled very little. It seemed a bit oily and when it dried, it felt kind of rubbery. The next day the right side of my face started peeling alot. No peeling on the left. But I had already significantly lightened from Makari and Nadinola, I didn't think I would see a big difference, but it is at least a full shade lighter where my skin peeled. The new skin had a supple glow to it. Oh, I forgot to add that I applied more makari/nadinola about 5 hours later. (after the LA dried).
So far so good. I reapplied to the the left side of my face that hasn't peeled. I look two colors. lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Some of it got on the area that had already peeled and I had to immediately get it off of that area b/c it burned like [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . So don't apply this to any peeled areas or open.
I plan to start on my body tomorrow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

26 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:48 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:makari body milk i heard works, but it's expensive. and the there MQ and ret a which is cheap and i'm trying right now. those two seem to be the most effective ones that work for a lot of people for there body and face

yeah that sounds great.. i think ill get the Ret a and the MQ.. that means i have to mix the two in a large tube if i am going to use it twice daily on my body and face... how much roughly is the makari body milk?

27 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
makari body milk, 4.75 oz = $50

using MQ and ret a twice, you can try it but you might find it to be to much after a while, i here some people use it 3 times a week. twice a day, it's gonna hurt and itch... a lot, i;m using mine once a day but after 2 weeks i might have to cut down to 3 times or every other day myself.

28 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:46 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:makari body milk, 4.75 oz = $50

using MQ and ret a twice, you can try it but you might find it to be to much after a while, i here some people use it 3 times a week. twice a day, it's gonna hurt and itch... a lot, i;m using mine once a day but after 2 weeks i might have to cut down to 3 times or every other day myself.

why does it itch? so if ppl use it 3 times a week, what do they use daily? and what cleanser do ppl use in addition to the MQ and ret a?

29 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
PorcelainSkin wrote:

why does it itch? so if ppl use it 3 times a week, what do they use daily? and what cleanser do ppl use in addition to the MQ and ret a?

why does it itch? i have no idea i just know that everyone that has ever used mq mixed with ret a has reported a lot of itching. i'm 2 days in and my face is starting to itch to, you now that small tingling sensation

and what cleanser do ppl use in addition to the MQ and ret a? i have seen people use bio claire (steroid), makari, soaps with peels
or you can just use nothing,MQ and ret a has the potential to depig your skin, so even if you don't use anything in between, it powerful to get the job done alone

30 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:31 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

yeah thats great. i have actually used bio claire b4 but it does not have any HQ. it really did lighten my face and i was using it for my body too but i didnt see much change, i guess i shud have continued using it with sunscreen, i did not use any sunscreen and i think because my body was senstive from the ligthening, and i stopped using it and was hardly in the sun, my arms have tanned really badly compared to the rest of my body.. i think ill def try MQ and ret a

why does it itch? i have no idea i just know that everyone that has ever used mq mixed with ret a has reported a lot of itching. i'm 2 days in and my face is starting to itch to, you now that small tingling sensation

and what cleanser do ppl use in addition to the MQ and ret a? i have seen people use bio claire (steroid), makari, soaps with peels
or you can just use nothing,MQ and ret a has the potential to depig your skin, so even if you don't use anything in between, it powerful to get the job done alone

31 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:32 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

32 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:34 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
PorcelainSkin wrote:

surely i can use likas papaya soap as a cleanser and then ret a and MQ as a moisturiser right? perhaps also add some vitamin c serums aswell ?? and then wash the body with likas too and get a body lightening milk? but ill do peels for one month before i start on this.. what u think?

33 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
hey congratulations PorcelainSkin, your privileged now. your name isn't in yellow though, you know what... neither is mine?

34 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:22 pm

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:hey congratulations PorcelainSkin, your privileged now. your name isn't in yellow though, you know what... neither is mine?

Oh thanks sweetheart. I absolutely this website, there's none like it. This is what all women should do, share information to prevent many skin care problems.

Anyway, guys I found a pharmacy close to where I live and they have the lactic acid in the liquid form sold as Lactacyd. Is this the right one? And then I can just dilute it depending on which concerntration they have.

35 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
Lactacyd... ummm, from the way it is advertised that doesn't seem like something you would use in place of a peel. i'm sure you know what Lactacyd is for and i have no use for it but maybe someone else has used it. still the lactic acid inside is in small %, it likely won't do the job.

i think people are just buying regular lactic acid in those glass bottles in 40% or higher, and has already been diluted.
Google lactic acid in the shopping link, that should hopefully help.

36 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:28 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
thought this might help, it's a safety data sheet for Lactacyd

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and one for lactic acid

i find these data sheets really helpful when it comes to safety

37 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:thought this might help, it's a safety data sheet for Lactacyd

and one for lactic acid

i find these data sheets really helpful when it comes to safety

thank you for the data sheets, much appreciated!! i think its best i just get the pure lactic acid..

38 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:33 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
oh your welcome, and pure lactic seems best to Very Happy

39 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:57 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yes___I mean no wrote:oh your welcome, and pure lactic seems best to Very Happy

can't wait to get started, super excited!!

40 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:46 am

dizzellz112

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
what can i use to apply the lactic acid?

41 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:58 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
dizzellz112 wrote:what can i use to apply the lactic acid?

what do you mean by that, like how to put it on your face? like with gloves and box instructions

maybe this will help

42 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Guys, can i use the same procedure to apply the lactic acid on my body too? what peels do people use for their bodies?

43 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 am

dizzellz112

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
as in a cloth..fan brush etc

44 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:59 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
oh well did the video help much?

PorcelainSkin,
i recently looked up full body peels and the only thing i can really find was people doing it surgically with the help of a doctor, which kind off makes me nervous for you since your doing it on your own. i do know that the Body chemical peels consist of a combination of trichloroacetic and glycolic acids.

45 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
could i perhaps use TCA peels for the body? and lactic acid on my face? coz i also have a little sun damaged skin on my body.. or can i just peel with the MQ and Ret a mixture on the body?

46 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:24 am

yes___I mean no

Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
when i lighten my body i won't be using a peel, ret a peels enough the evidence is all over my face. so i would just stick with MQ and RA ans the skin will fall off in the shower.

because to tell you the truth, the combination from washing up (which exfoliates) using RA (which exfoliates) and using acid peels (which exfoliates) is a lot of exfoliation and if you do all 3 i'm telling you it WILL HURT when you sit down when you move and at the end of the day you know you have to put on more and it's like poring alcohol on a burn victim.
i'm not saying that to scare you but that's what i was doing with my face RA, washing, and a mini peel, the pain was to much and i couldn't imagine this on my whole body.

maybe try one thing at a time one month peel. next month RA.
but me personally i would not use a peel when i' going to us ra and bath (mandatory)

good luck on your decision Very Happy

47 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:55 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yeah i think ill just use ret a and MQ on my body, and likas to wash... ill just use the lactic acid for my face.. do i still need to get a body scrub? and pehraps i could also use the vitamin c serum 15mins before applying ret a and MQ on my body??

48 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:05 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
PorcelainSkin.

It is fine to use the lactic acid on the body. You have not started using the Retin A, so no real concern about over exfoliating. You can concentrate on the hard to lighten areas, like the knees, elbows etc and if you have particularly sun damaged areas, you can focus on those as well, so that you start to even your complexion. Doing it this way also means you can do small areas and get used to doing the peels.

You can use a brush, gauze etc to apply the peel.

49 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 am

PorcelainSkin

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:PorcelainSkin.

It is fine to use the lactic acid on the body. You have not started using the Retin A, so no real concern about over exfoliating. You can concentrate on the hard to lighten areas, like the knees, elbows etc and if you have particularly sun damaged areas, you can focus on those as well, so that you start to even your complexion. Doing it this way also means you can do small areas and get used to doing the peels.

You can use a brush, gauze etc to apply the peel.

Okay great, so I do not need to use TCA peels for knees and elbows, I can just use the lactic for both face and body? Great, makes life easier. Maharani, can I just order you along with the lactic acid and you come do it for me? You seem to know too well what to do Wink Just kidding.. Wish I could just get in and out of a lightening machine and get the best results ever, this regimens are just too much work Sad No pain, no gain I suppose.. So I'll try this for a month, and perhaps start the ret a and MQ mixture for the second month.. And i can continue the lactic acid for the entire body during the second month but perhaps only once a month or is there really no need with the ret a and MQ?

50 Re: My Lactic Acid Experience on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:23 am

MAHARANI

Privileged
yes_I mean no,

if your skin is feeling particularly painful, you may like to consider cutting back the RA application to every couple of days or every 3 days. If it is the first time you have used a retinoid, then you need to let your skin adjust to this powerful substance and this could be why you are feeling uncomfortable at the moment. Some people also buffer. So you can either apply a moisturiser first and then your retin A OR your Retin A first and then your moisturiser or just mix a littly moisturiser and RA in your hand and apply it that way. This way you are not getting the full effect of the Retin A. Something like eucerin or cetaphil is good to use as a moisturiser, for this method. Also please make sure that you wait at least 20 - 30 miutes after cleansing your face before applying your RA, if you are not already doing so.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion