The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 15]

1What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:24 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

Was thinking today, it would be nice to know what the weather is like where other members are, so we get an idea what we are up against in terms of lightening and protecting ourselves in the sun, where possible.

I am in London and the weather today is 21 oC, started off sunny but as I write, it has started to rain. In the last few weeks it has been very warm, in UK terms, at around 26 - 28 oC with clear blue skies and strong sunshine.

Now I know some of you are in much warmer climates, like California, so would love to know what the weather has been up to where you are. ..........

26What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I love Soho and the subway can be a bit sad and sterile lol.

I did see someone stand over one of the vents and the look on their face when they realised the air is hot not cold was priceless

27What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:27 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i know Seattle is like the #1 most cloudy place in the U.S, doctors tell people suffering with XP to live there.

28What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:35 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Suicides by environment occur there more then other places as well.

29What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
what is Suicides by environment? is that like jumping off of trees instead of buildings, i know i shouldn't joke

30What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:37 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Oh no its when there is a higher suicide rate because of the weather. In Seattle and most of Washington it rains most of the year and causes lethargy amongst the population;sometimes.

31What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i really enjoy it when it rains

32What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:26 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
despite how Cool i am sunny = No so i'll study until i Sleep

33What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:54 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Spoke with my aunt in Seattle and she said it was 56 or 60.....JERK lol

Oh and I'm not bitter, not in the least clown

34What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:18 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
I love the rain too. There is something quite therapeutic about listening to rain as it hits the windows. It sends me to sleep.

35What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:20 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:despite how Cool i am sunny = No so i'll study until i Sleep

Clever !!!

36What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:31 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
theres a baby squirrel at my window eating at the insulation, i just hope my dog doesn't eat it

37What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
it's gonna be proper hot over the next few days in the UK... 23c 25c Sad

I'm dreading it :/

38What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:theres a baby squirrel at my window eating at the insulation, i just hope my dog doesn't eat it

I take it that as there have been no further updates with gruesome details, that the squirrel survived ....LOL

39What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:57 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
dizzellz112 wrote:it's gonna be proper hot over the next few days in the UK... 23c 25c Sad

I'm dreading it :/

me too....So looking forward to autumn / winter. I am really missing my daily walks. I still do it at the moment but only if it is not particularly sunny and I hate having to be out really early just to make sure that those rays don't catch me.

40What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:00 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
have you gotta UPF Umbrella?

41What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Do you know living in London, I just cannot picture having the guts to use one. I already get people staring at me and I know I shouldn't care what they are thinking, but it is hard.

My mum has done it before because she, like me, has skin that burns very easily, but I think people are more forgiving when you are older. At the moment I just rely on my trusted oversize visor, my La roch posay sunblock, and trying at all costs to walk in the shade. I cannot remember the last time I was out at midday on a very sunny day, so I am also avoiding as much as possible. A while ago, I was actually looking for gloves, like you but the only ones I saw had a gap at the top, which I did not want.

42What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:27 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
enit tho Very Happy people should mind their own freakin business.

i'm kinda scared of using one too in the summer.. but hey oriental people use them...bham bullring

eventually i'll have the guts to use one. i just need to get hold of one..

oo so you looking for gloves that cover ya whole hand..

43What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Or they were fingerless or in really bright colours.

44What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:30 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
you know if the nails were just showing..would that be alright

i'm looking for black ones

45What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:34 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes in London I have seen loads of oriental people doing this practice and no one seems to bat an eyelid....but trust me, any other nationality would definitely get funny looks and double taking. As far as most are concerned we should all be out there frying ourselves.

I have mentioned before that I work in a very professional environment and there have been countless times when members of the public have come in semi clothed. It just looked really strange, me in a suit and someone standing in front of me in a bikini top and short shorts !!! LOL

46What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:45 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
dizzellz112 wrote:you know if the nails were just showing..would that be alright

i'm looking for black ones

Have not come across any black ones. I was actually looking for brown ones so that they would not be too obvious when walking around or driving, but never saw those either. I would have been happy with black as well, if I had seen any full hand ones

Someone did mention that if you hold your hands closed that the fingerless wouldd be fine, but I just wanted not to have to think about it. I guess the fingerless allows for better air circulation so your hands don't get too hot and sweaty.

47What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:58 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
why is it so hard to find upf gloves in the uk :/

48What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I couldn't wear gloves, it gets too hot and I don't like having sweaty hands :/

Parasols are not as common these days as they were in say the Victorian era lol and. I guess people don't stare if an Asian person carries one because it is still widely used in those countries; that's just my theory anyway.

Mahrani I bet you get looks with the visor because it makes you look like a tourist lol but ust ignore the looks and tell them, "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" lol

49What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:26 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
ma hands get tanned when i'm driving :/

so frustrating..

50What's it like where you are ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's it like where you are ? Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I recently got uvb/uva tinted windows and now my arm doesn't tan

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com