The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Palmer's Fade Milk Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:05 am

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
Has anyone tried this all over body lightening milk? If so, was it effective?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:45 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
welcome mini_her,not familiar with that product. hope you find what your looking for.

3Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:37 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Hi Mini Her,

Welcome to the board. I am familiar with Palmers skin sucess products and have used their fade cream years back. I would not say that I saw any dramatic lightening, but it does give a brightening effect and I would imagine that the fade milk would do the same. So maybe you could achieve an evening of the skin compexion but I would imagine nothing very dramatic. Do let us know how you find this product if you do decide to try it out.

Is there anything in particular you are trying to achieve?

4Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:50 am

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
Only want to lighten like 2 shades. Just to achieve a flawless brown complexion.

5Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:06 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Where are you trying to correct? Is it all over or just certain areas, like the face. Is some of the ligtening you are trying to achieve, to resolve sun damage like a tan.?

6Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
Yes, I have been sunburn, and I am trying to lighten my entire body 2 shades. I'd prefer a lotion or something I don't have to mix in the palm of my hands!

7Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Have you thought about starting off with a series of weekly lactic acid peels to help remove some of the sundamage and allow for better penetration of whatever you eventually decide to use to lighten with ?

8Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:57 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
And hopefully you have now invested in a good sunblock and are more careful in the sun. This is very important if you intend on embarking on a lightening regime

9Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
I've never understood those peels. Can you briefly give me a detail explanation of the peelings and the process?

10Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:46 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
A Lactic acid peel is an alpha hydroxy acid, derived from sour milk and is designed as an exfoliant for the skin. The acid helps dissolve the glue like substance that binds the outermost surface skin cells together, so that old skin cells are sloughed off to reveal fresher skin underneath.

It comes in a number of strengths but I personally believe that for anyone just starting, that a strength of between 30 - 40 % is best. For some there is not much visible peeling and only micro peeling may be present, so the skin may look slightly flaky or dry as it exfoliates away. Some, possibly due to higher strengths used and the duration of the peel application, do see visible peeling. But the idea is that you are able to gradually remove areas of sun damaged skin and tougher areas and this then allows for better penetration of products then applied to the skin. You do have to practice very good sun care protection as your skin does become more sensitive to the sun, but the rewards of clearer, fresher and more even skin is worth it.

11Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
Ok and it the peel a long process? Like would I spend hours getting it done? Also, if I purchase one peel would that be enough for my entire body?

12Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
If you order it in a larger quantity. Such as Lotion Crafter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]sell it at 88% for a large quantity and it can then be diluted to the recommended strength and used for the body. Usually starting off with once a week is best.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

13Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That name sounds very familiar but I doubt you'll get much lighting.

I would say exfoliating and moisturizing should help to even the skin and get a nice complaxion. If you want to lighten a few shades the peels sound plausible or you could try mq and/or hq along with ret a to help it penetrate the skin. Some of our member have gotten good results with Makari ut the prices are not cheap.

Whatever you use remember to use protection and avoid direct sun as much as possible. You might also want to try adding some vitamin C to help the process along.

14Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
Golden Girl wrote:If you order it in a larger quantity. Such as Lotion Crafter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]sell it at 88% for a large quantity and it can then be diluted to the recommended strength and used for the body. Usually starting off with once a week is best.

So using the link you provided, if I purchase one bottle for $3.50, I could use it on my entire body?

15Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I may have asked this before so sorry in advance. I have thought of using a peel and I know it isn't acid as in it'll burn my skin lol. I too wonder how would I mix the peel with water. How much of peel and water together to dilute it to a safer for strength for someone like myself who has never used one. I do I should stop using the hq and ret a a few days before and after using a peel right?

Thanks

16Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:12 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I just want to be sure I have my facts straight before I use it, don't wish to damage my skin and this is unknown territory for me. Smile

17Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I may have asked this before so sorry in advance. I have thought of using a peel and I know it isn't acid as in it'll burn my skin lol. I too wonder how would I mix the peel with water. How much of peel and water together to dilute it to a safer for strength for someone like myself who has never used one. I do I should stop using the hq and ret a a few days before and after using a peel right?

Thanks

18Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:19 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
is everyone diluting there peels with water? just a thought, i know some acids will burn more if you mix it with water

19Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:44 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
The 88% Lactic Acid is soluble in water, alcoho and glycero, or that is what I thought.

I also thought you were not supposed to apply it directly onto the skin because it will burn.

20Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:29 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Mini Her,

the quantity from lotioncrafters will last you for a good while and remember that you are also diluting it, so you will get a greater quantity. You just need enough solution to cover the area that you wish to peel. The best way to start is to do it on a small area, so you understand how much is needed and you get used to carrying out the process.

21Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:32 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Alizee love,

when carrying out the peels it is advisable to stop Retin A usage a few days before and a few days after the peel.

22Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:37 pm

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Thanks Maharanii that is what I thought loll

Now I need to figure out how much water to mix with the peel, any suggestions?

23Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Yes I mean no,

If you purchase a lactic acid at a percentage that is higher than you need,then you can dilute using disitilled water.

24Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
MAHARANI wrote:Yes I mean no,

If you purchase a lactic acid at a percentage that is higher than you need,then you can dilute using disitilled water.

ok thanks

25Palmer's Fade Milk Empty Re: Palmer's Fade Milk Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Mini_Her

Mini_Her
Visitor
Visitor
OK, I have another problem. How do I moisturize and what should I use? This RA causes my legs and arms to peel and look very dry. Should I apply moisturizing lotion before or after the lightening creams?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

How to make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com