The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
skin philosophy chart Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1skin philosophy chart Empty skin philosophy chart Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
OK, i think i have this picture thing down now, let me know what you think.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:33 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Wicked Yes..Looks Professional

Congrats Very Happy

3skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:30 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
thank you Very Happy

4skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:54 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Clever boy !!!! Looks really good and I agree very professional !!!

5skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:25 pm

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
it does look good, thanks lets number them from top to bottom when referring to the colour tone.

6skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:49 pm

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Wow, that looks good

7skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Viola

Accepted
Accepted
This is better than most i have seen...but i still find it hard to find myself.
lmao

8skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged

Viola
sorry, post some pics that match your skin and i'll see if i can put it in

ok how this, just finished it

9skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
I am in the medium brown range. 70% of my body is like the girl between Meagan Good and Gabrielle Union, just with different undertones, and the other 30% is liek Gabrielle. I want to be fully Meagan's complexion. Is it possible? How long should this take? I will post a picture of my face.

10skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:06 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
This is my face and its exact complexion. The only other body parts that carry my face's exact complexion are my legs, possible feet and that's about it. My chest, neck, stomach and upper arms are about two to three shades lighter, and my lower forearms, back and butt are like two to three shades darker. CRAZY! How can I even this stuff?[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

11skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:20 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Dominicana wrote:This is my face and its exact complexion. The only other body parts that carry my face's exact complexion are my legs, possible feet and that's about it. My chest, neck, stomach and upper arms are about two to three shades lighter, and my lower forearms, back and butt are like two to three shades darker. CRAZY! How can I even this stuff?

The places that you mentioned that are darker in color usually contains more melanin in those regions. I would suggest exfoliating by doing a series of lactic acid peels weekly 40-45% for starters in order to help remove any dead skin cell build up. Also, these areas such as the butt and back the skin is usually much thicker versus the neck and face. The forearms are usually more exposed to the sun, also exfoliate this area as well to help remove some of the tan. Do this for about 3-4 weeks. For your forearms be sure to cover with sunblock spf 50+ (I usually apply and reapply during the day. Wearing long sleeve shirts can also help minimize the tanning as well.

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

12skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
i actually don't even know who most of theses people are, i should have put numbers on it, i think sara said that. sorry i forgot.

13skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:11 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:
Viola
sorry, post some pics that match your skin and i'll see if i can put it in

ok how this, just finished it

Yes_I mean no, I really enjoy this chart! Thanks a bunch for this hun [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .

From this chart, I would say my original shade of my face falls somewhere from the lady pictured above Oprah and Oprah's pic. My unexposed areas are similar to the lady pictured below Kelis. My goal shade would be an olive shade to the lady from the Martin Lawrence show (I can't remember her name).

14skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:19 am

dizzellz112

dizzellz112
Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I duno which one i am :/ my tan's is like the colour after nicole kidman.. how about my natural skin colour :/

GG Noo way your current colour is similar to pic 3...and 4.. in-between

15skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:22 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
your very welcome gg,

i have a question, which do you find harder, lighening or maintenance?

16skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:32 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Golden Girl wrote:
Dominicana wrote:This is my face and its exact complexion. The only other body parts that carry my face's exact complexion are my legs, possible feet and that's about it. My chest, neck, stomach and upper arms are about two to three shades lighter, and my lower forearms, back and butt are like two to three shades darker. CRAZY! How can I even this stuff?

The places that you mentioned that are darker in color usually contains more melanin in those regions. I would suggest exfoliating by doing a series of lactic acid peels weekly 40-45% for starters in order to help remove any dead skin cell build up. Also, these areas such as the butt and back the skin is usually much thicker versus the neck and face. The forearms are usually more exposed to the sun, also exfoliate this area as well to help remove some of the tan. Do this for about 3-4 weeks. For your forearms be sure to cover with sunblock spf 50+ (I usually apply and reapply during the day. Wearing long sleeve shirts can also help minimize the tanning as well.
Thanks a lot of that. I have done peels already. I haven't on my back or butt or anything, it's too hard to, but I have on my arms. I just started using Retin A and HQ 4%, I'm just hoping this'll work.

17skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:46 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
dizzellz112 wrote:I duno which one i am :/ my tan's is like the colour after nicole kidman.. how about my natural skin colour :/

GG Noo way your current colour is similar to pic 3...and 4.. in-between

Oh my current colour is lighter, I say a shade or 2 lighter than Meagan Goode.

18skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:49 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Dominicana wrote:
Golden Girl wrote:

Thanks a lot of that. I have done peels already. I haven't on my back or butt or anything, it's too hard to, but I have on my arms. I just started using Retin A and HQ 4%, I'm just hoping this'll work.

You mean difficult to apply to? What do you normally use to apply it? I know it can be difficult to apply to the back region, that would be one of the last areas that I plan to lighten. I'll have my fingers crossed for you as well with the hq/ra.

19skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:51 am

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
numbers numbers numbers, hope it's easer.

20skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:00 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yes___I mean no wrote:your very welcome gg,

i have a question, which do you find harder, lighening or maintenance?

For me personally, I would say maintence. Because of the area where I live is hot, sunny, and humid during the warm months it can be difficult for me to maintain the results that I may have obtained during the cooler months.

...I see now looking closer at the olive toned woman, I realize that isn't Aishwarya Rae..lol, kind of reminded me of her though.

21skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:25 am

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Golden Girl wrote:
Dominicana wrote:
Golden Girl wrote:

You mean difficult to apply to? What do you normally use to apply it? I know it can be difficult to apply to the back region, that would be one of the last areas that I plan to lighten. I'll have my fingers crossed for you as well with the hq/ra.
Thanks for crossing your fingers with my new regimen. I mean, is the finger crossing a need, like, this combination usually doesn't work, or are you just wishing me lick?

Yes, it is hard to apply, and then I have a long back and then my butt, that'll be an entire bottle right there worth of peels.

22skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
As with any skin lightening product used, everyone's results may not be the same, lighten at different speeds due to skin type, region a person resides, the amount of sun protection used, and other factors. Although this regimen has worked for many, no regimen works for all unfortunately. I love Ra, but some individuals also may have more sensitivity to Ra and Hq combo and will have to listen and oserve their skin and adjust their regimen accordingly, such as reducing the strength &/or how often the Ra is being applied, or switching to a milder exfoliant in case the regimen is to strong for their individual skin.

Using something to help combat some of the skin irritation and dryness such as neosporin, aloe vera gel, and/or shea butter can help to soothe skin. Personally, using Likas soap with this regimen on my face was a bit too strong and I discontinued it due to over-exfoliation (I have sensitive skin). But for my body it was fine, as the skin is thicker there.

23skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Personally speaking, the end result I enjoy, but I did go through what I like to call an ugly phase, in which the skin peeled, revealing lighter skin underneath. So there was some patch work going on such as the older darker skin cells and the new skin reveling itself. As well as the thinner areas of the face lightens more quickly in comparison to the thicker skin on the face. o, it takes patience to pass the ugly phase. But as mentioned, every regimen is unable to fit the mold with every individual. Skin lightening is all trial and error and discovering what work and doesn't work for you.

24skin philosophy chart Empty Re: skin philosophy chart Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:40 pm

Dominicana

Dominicana
Accepted
Accepted
Wow, Golden, did you go through this ugly stage with the makari or using the retin a?

I am not peeling as of yet, but I just did my first application with retin a on my face last night. I was just using it on my body for the past week and haven't exp any peeling.

For the dead skin and patchy skin, was it noticable and could it be covered with makeup?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com