The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
how to measure the uv before you go outside Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
so this is something that i had recently discovered, i can inform 2 different ways to find the uv in your area.
the first is

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

you type in your information, it is simply your state, city and zip code. they will then give you a number between 0-15, i will explain the numbers at the end. the number they give you here is the highest uv you will come in contact with all day, but not at the moment, still very useful.

the second is how how i found out about it and is a lot better. it only works if you have firefox. if your familiar with this web browser they provide free addons to your window. go to

type in ani weather(animated weather)click on it it will be the sun with glasses on it's eyes, after you download it reset it for your area and at the small corner of your screen it will show the the weather and uv for you area and it is live, so that is the uv for your area at that specific time.

right now firefox says my uv is zero, makes since because the sun is down, epa says it's 9, but thats just the whole days reading and doesn't change.

ok, so the numbers i'll copy and paste the information is from the epa site

Exposure
Category
Index Number
Sun Protection Messages
LOW
<2
You can safely enjoy being outside. Wear sunglasses on bright days. If you burn easily, cover up and use sunscreen SPF 15+.

In winter, reflection off snow can nearly double UV strength.

MODERATE
3-5
Take precautions if you will be outside, such as wearing a hat and sunglasses and using sunscreen SPF 15+. Reduce your exposure to the sun's most intense UV radiation by seeking shade during midday hours.

HIGH
6-7
Protection against sun damage is needed. Wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses, use sunscreen SPF 15+ and wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants when practical. Reduce your exposure to the sun's most intense UV radiation by seeking shade during midday hours.

VERY HIGH
8-10
Protection against sun damage is needed. If you need to be outside during midday hours between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., take steps to reduce sun exposure. A shirt, hat and sunscreen are a must, and be sure you seek shade.

Beachgoers should know that white sand and other bright surfaces reflect UV and can double UV exposure.

EXTREME
11+
Protection against sun damage is needed. If you need to be outside during midday hours between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., take steps to reduce sun exposure. A shirt, hat and sunscreen are a must, and be sure you seek shade.

Beachgoers should know that white sand and other bright surfaces reflect UV and can double UV exposure.

peace ladies and gentlemen Cool

khushbu

Accepted
Accepted
very interesting and help full . thanks for psting.

I'v try, for paris today, uv index is 9

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
no problem, i'll have to find one that people can use out side the u.s though, firefox should work for that but not everyone has it

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
No I don't have firefox and am not sure about downloading stuff, but it is a great idea and if you could find one that is worldwide, that would be fantastic. I still think that people need to be careful when out and about all the time, especially if they are embarking on a lightening regime, but it is always nice to know.

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged

not like fire fox or the EPA but it gives your uv index for that day

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Have saved the link and would like to say thanks again for being so helpful hun !!!

yes___I mean no

yes___I mean no
Councilor
Privileged
CouncilorPrivileged
no problem, what the uv in your area?

Indigo

Indigo
Visitor
Visitor
I downloaded the program you recommended. The UV in my area has been 11 both yesterday and today. The temperature has been in the hundreds ( 100 F).

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
It was a moderate 3 - 5 yesterday and is the same today.

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hey yesI mean no thanks for the useful link Very Happy Interesting name by the way

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Great info

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Well it is good to know but I am totally paranoid regardless once that sun rears it's head.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Today I saw someone with a red umbrellla walking in the sun. I was dying to catch up with her to see what her nationality was. It tends to be just oriental people I see do that. But I was so jealous that she had the guts to put it up and to h*ll with anyone else

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
This has been very useful. I dont live in the states but living in Africa i'd suppose that the uv index is always high. Its usually very hot! Can anyone explain to me what SPF exactly is and how to properly use sunscreen. Am using spf 15 and am assuming that i have 15mins of sun protection. I usually apply in the morning then reapply at midday. Do i have to always reapply half an hour before i go out? This would be hard coz i randomly leave at different times during the day. And how sure am i that the sunscreen works it feels like a normal moisturizer.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
If you are living in Africa and the UV is high then I ma afraid that an spf of 15 is way too low. What product are you using? I already mentioned in another thread to you that your best choice would be a sunblock with zinc and/or titanium. I will give you a link to some of the best sunscreens out there. And yes you must apply at least 20 minutes before going outside. Reapply as necessary like if you are sweating or have wiped your skin but the physical screens(zinc/tiitanium) tend to have more staying power than the chemicals one which tend not to have these ingredients.

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It is always hot where I am so it is a daily battle as I already know the uv is very high.

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well you will be the youngest looking in your crowd now that you are using block and avoidance tactics

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Lol I will try to remember that when I am stuck inside avoiding the sun and missing out on all the fun

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
OMG anyone who thinks that the UK is rainy and cloudy all the time needs to get their butt over here.It has been sweltering and my sun block has been really working overtime. Unfortunately I have had so many unavoidable meetings and tasks to do that I have had to be out there even in the middle of the day which I really try and avoid doing. Fortunately I do not think that I have tanned and in fact I think the obagi is starting to lighten me a bit more. I am so happy. Now just wish for the sun to just go away. I know the weather is going to stay like this for at least the next 4 or 5 days but fingers crossed it WILL change!!!

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Tell me about it. It has been pretty bad if you are not a fan of the sun. I have managed to dodge it so far but if it continues next week then I will have no choice but to be in it Embarassed

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
LoL Roll on summer guys !!!

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Summer practically all year round here. Be glad that you get a let up in the winter.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Believe me I am. Where ever you are sounds awful. Sorry to say that but I know I would hate it.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
The unbearable weather has left us for a while. Not sure how long for. Don't get me wrong, It is still sunny but no where as bad as before and at least there is a coolish breeze. Using the underground was a nightmare. It gets incredibly hot down there. You would think that by 2011 they would have thought of a way to keep things cool down there. You can be sweating buckets for a five minute journey !!!!! I dread to think what tourists are going to think come the 2012 olympic games.

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
lol I hate the tube in the summer too. Too many sweaty bodies wedged together with no where to move. I have even been stuck in between stations and that was simply awful

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com