The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
race, skincolor, eye color, haircolor and more- what do you think? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PLEASE OBSERVE THE LINK ABOVE!

Light Skin, Bright Future?

On Good Morning America we took a look at the controversy over Sen. Harry Reid's remarks in terms of President Obama's agenda. And then on World News with Diane Sawyer, we looked at what some call the "unfortunate truth" of Reid's assertion that Americans prefer lighter-skinned African-Americans over darker-skinned African-Americans.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Enticing lol at your family wanting to know the secret of your success!! My only problem with mono is that you have to totally avoid the sun once you depigment. I find it hard enough as it is. How will you manage?

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
IMO, our entire society has earned a PhD in Hypocrisy. Skin lightening (& making physical changes) is one of the last segregated social bastions. Early in the 20th C, sumptuary laws forbade black women from:

- wearing HATS (you had to wear a tignon 'mammy rag')
- wearing perfume (they got good at making their own from alcohol, vanilla extract, cinnamon etc.)
-wearing pearls
-wearing make-up

Whites were free to do all of these things. Now, we see this same nonsense playing itself out with plastic surgery. Hand-wringing Caucasian society cannot outlaw it & many blacks & other non-whites can afford it. Instead we see SHAMING (masquerading as concern) being used in the form of "how awful! Why oh why do you wish you were WHITE? BOOHOOHOO!"

Gimme a break! MOST non-white who gets work done are NOT 'trying to be white'. Why not wring your hands over all those whites getting butt implants, lip enlargment & dark (life endangering) tans? Why aren't they subjected to this same shaming process? Why are they only mentally ill IF they go the way of that Wildenstein (sp?) woman? The answer is simple: until very recently, plastic surgery was the exclusive privilege of very affluent Caucasians.

I am lightening my skin. I already HAVE so-called 'Caucasian features'. Even that definition reeks of tremendous arrogance: as if I stole them from some poor white person who is now faceless. There are only 'features': ALL humans own them. There are Asians with very broad noses & full lips. Many in India have fine features too. East Africans in Somalia & Ethiopia are typically fine featured. 'Asian' type eyes are not uncommon in Africa & many Native Canadian/American tribes have similar features too.

Claiming the right to alter yourself as you see fit, dress the way you want, love the person of your choosing, lighten your skin or get light contacts are the rights of all humans. If you're over 18, you don't owe anyone an explanation, you don't need to discuss it or justify it. Just do it!

Can you imagine going up to someone & saying, "HEY JANE: YOU SURE ARE GETTING FAT: HAVE YOU BEEN GORGING? THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU, YOU WERE SO SLIM & NOW YOU'RE OBESE: ARE YOU SURE YOU AREN'T PIGGING OUT?"

The person would be mortified! Why is it anyone's business to interfere between yourself & your skin? What next: "HEY: IS THAT A TAMPAX TAMPON?" sheesh!If you feel like discussing it, explaining it or sharing what you're using, that's your choice. If not, don't be goaded into it.

You don't need an excuse: SOCIETY does! Just do it safely & responsibly: in a way that won't wreck either your skin or your health.

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:Enticing lol at your family wanting to know the secret of your success!! My only problem with mono is that you have to totally avoid the sun once you depigment. I find it hard enough as it is. How will you manage?

I love my umbrella!!! i take it everywhere! and I usually avoid going to places which expose me to alot of sun light! I prefer to go out at night! I never listen to my friends when they're like "come on! lets go for a walk in the sun!"

I'm like YAAA RIGHT!!! NEVER!!!! I wear my sun block religously! I've just developed a vampireic life style!

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Well you do know Micheal Jackson had vitiligo and that played a big roll in why his skin turned out the way it did? I must say I didn't like his skin in the later years, it just didn't work for him but it could've been all the other surgeries he had that made him look unatural. Since you don't have it, there is no telling how the mono will worl on you. I'm not saying don't as it is your body and I have been tempted, but I wouldn't expect a miracle. Even Sara has stated it was not easy for her and there were spots, she just got lucky and things seem to be working for her Smile

Now HQ I plan on using but I know I have to continue using it, just not as frequently^^.

based on my readings and discussions...if used in conjuction with other skin lighteners...the effects can be currbed a bit...it may not be perfect but there are ways around those effects...I have to read a but more...but I'm definately not rulling out mono!

contrary to popular belief there are people without vitiligo who have had good results with mono.

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ondine wrote:IMO, our entire society has earned a PhD in Hypocrisy. Skin lightening (& making physical changes) is one of the last segregated social bastions. Early in the 20th C, sumptuary laws forbade black women from:

- wearing HATS (you had to wear a tignon 'mammy rag')
- wearing perfume (they got good at making their own from alcohol, vanilla extract, cinnamon etc.)
-wearing pearls
-wearing make-up

Whites were free to do all of these things. Now, we see this same nonsense playing itself out with plastic surgery. Hand-wringing Caucasian society cannot outlaw it & many blacks & other non-whites can afford it. Instead we see SHAMING (masquerading as concern) being used in the form of "how awful! Why oh why do you wish you were WHITE? BOOHOOHOO!"

Gimme a break! MOST non-white who gets work done are NOT 'trying to be white'. Why not wring your hands over all those whites getting butt implants, lip enlargment & dark (life endangering) tans? Why aren't they subjected to this same shaming process? Why are they only mentally ill IF they go the way of that Wildenstein (sp?) woman? The answer is simple: until very recently, plastic surgery was the exclusive privilege of very affluent Caucasians.

I am lightening my skin. I already HAVE so-called 'Caucasian features'. Even that definition reeks of tremendous arrogance: as if I stole them from some poor white person who is now faceless. There are only 'features': ALL humans own them. There are Asians with very broad noses & full lips. Many in India have fine features too. East Africans in Somalia & Ethiopia are typically fine featured. 'Asian' type eyes are not uncommon in Africa & many Native Canadian/American tribes have similar features too.

Claiming the right to alter yourself as you see fit, dress the way you want, love the person of your choosing, lighten your skin or get light contacts are the rights of all humans. If you're over 18, you don't owe anyone an explanation, you don't need to discuss it or justify it. Just do it!

Can you imagine going up to someone & saying, "HEY JANE: YOU SURE ARE GETTING FAT: HAVE YOU BEEN GORGING? THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU, YOU WERE SO SLIM & NOW YOU'RE OBESE: ARE YOU SURE YOU AREN'T PIGGING OUT?"

The person would be mortified! Why is it anyone's business to interfere between yourself & your skin? What next: "HEY: IS THAT A TAMPAX TAMPON?" sheesh!If you feel like discussing it, explaining it or sharing what you're using, that's your choice. If not, don't be goaded into it.

You don't need an excuse: SOCIETY does! Just do it safely & responsibly: in a way that won't wreck either your skin or your health.

exactly!!!

I love this part ondine:

"Just do it safely & responsibly"

I feel like you're talking to me personally LMAO!

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah I know there are people not suffering from vitiligo who have used mono with success, I also read, but that it isn't some miracle cream that will work in a few months time. It is a very potent and unstable, you could put mono on your right arm but get a white patch on your left thigh. I would still say ask Sara as she has used it with good results. Also, you have to find it and that will really be hard as many sell fake mono or they sell you something like mercury with bakingsoda, similar to how crack dea.ers will put all kinds of dangerous things in what they sell.

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Yeah I know there are people not suffering from vitiligo who have used mono with success, I also read, but that it isn't some miracle cream that will work in a few months time. It is a very potent and unstable, you could put mono on your right arm but get a white patch on your left thigh. I would still say ask Sara as she has used it with good results. Also, you have to find it and that will really be hard as many sell fake mono or they sell you something like mercury with bakingsoda, similar to how crack dea.ers will put all kinds of dangerous things in what they sell.

all of this I know....but buy-pharma like gold pharma and all day chemist is a legitmate company.

my mono came sealed in a tube I'll show this in my video!

most of these people who get mercury and bakingsoda are people who buy the powder...I bought benoquin. pale

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I just know of goldpharm and ADC, yeah the powder form tends to be where people get fake stuff.

I would jut be carful Very Happy

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:I just know of goldpharm and ADC, yeah the powder form tends to be where people get fake stuff.

I would jut be carful Very Happy

Thank you!!! i will Smile

I think using it with Retin A makes a bit of difference though...I'm going to wait a bit though...i have to do some more resaearch...I'm gonna try my hardest to make the video today guys!!!!

I'm really sorry I've been neglectful its jus that school and work have got me a bit tied up!

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Having just looked at yet another documentary about the need for people to accept the skin colour they have, I noticed that they are always the "light" skinned individuals who make these statements. It reminds of that Tyra Banks who also wanted to make a big issue about bleaching. It is easy for those who are in the skin colours that make them feel happy to sit and condemn others for wanting to change. I would rather hear it from a dark individual rather than someone who clearly does not want the competition !!

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
rainbow wrote:Having just looked at yet another documentary about the need for people to accept the skin colour they have, I noticed that they are always the "light" skinned individuals who make these statements. It reminds of that Tyra Banks who also wanted to make a big issue about bleaching. It is easy for those who are in the skin colours that make them feel happy to sit and condemn others for wanting to change. I would rather hear it from a dark individual rather than someone who clearly does not want the competition !!

thank you! sweety they're all lightening! all bleaching! all depigmenting! dr. oz suspects greatly that they're using mono!

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Tyra made an issue with people who were putting these creams on their children and one who was so desperate she poured bleach on her face. These women have issues that run more then skin deep and need counseling of some sort. Even though I lighten I could tell those women had issues that even if they lightend, they would find something else and on and on and on, it is a vicious cycle.

I doubt Tyra doesn't want competition as even on her own modeling show she makes sure all women of color are given a chance, from the dark Imaan colore to the lighter Noemi Lenoir. As far as celebrities goes I'm not sure what they do. Many of the singers just use skin care products to even out their tone and it will give the illusion of lighter skin when really they just look brighter. Now I know celebs like Sammy Sosa obviously use something to alter their skin pigmentation.

Ondine

Accepted
Accepted
The thing with Tyra's show is that she has to make sure to appeal to her teenage to 20 something audience. For this reason,, she tends to choose extreme examples in order to both appeal to this demographic (much like Maury Povich only he appeals to as many guys as girls)andto use her influence over these younger people to teach & 'preach' lessons she thinks are important & wants to get across. One such lesson:

- ALL SKIN LIGHTENING IS WRONG! ANYONE WHO ENGAGES IN THE PROCESS IS A SELF-HATING IGNORANT MISINFORMED PERSON IN NEED OF THERAPY.

Another lesson:

- MIXED PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS SUCH (WHICH IS THE TRUTH!)MUST, BY DEFAULT HATE BLACKS OR WHATEVER THEIR NON-WHITE 'HALF' (OR WHATEVER) IS.

Another lesson (you can't live w/o these lessons, folks!):

- ALL 'NON-WHITES' WHO GET ANY PLASTIC SURGERY WHATSOEVER ARE TRYING TO DE-RACIALIZE THEMSELVES. THEY SECRETLY HATE THEMSELVES & WISH THAT THEY WERE WHITE.

Her show then locates emotional cripples & assorted screwed-up people who prove whatever point she wants to make. For some reason that baffles the critical thinker, the above does not apply to herself. Despite having lightened her skin 'a shade or 2' & narrowed her nose, having light skin, green eyes, a narrow nose & someone else's long blonde hair crazy glued to her scalp, HER SUCCESS IN HER MODIFIED APPEARANCE IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL! SHE WOULD'VE ENJOYED THE SAME SUCCESS IN AMERICA IN ANY CASE! While her modelling show does show-case a variety of 'types' of models, the most successful(in the USA) of the non-white winners is Eva the Diva; blonde with green eyes. What a random coincidence!

The same denial she seems to think everyone else is in is the denial she herself is neck-deep in. She admits to having a 'thing' about her own hair, though.

Denying the truth of the way a given society functions, denying its preferences (no matter how politically incorrect) is counter-productive & has a silencing effect.

Alizee love

Alizee love
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Meh I still like Tyra and think she has given a fair chance to black models that they may not have had had they not gone on America's Next Top model. I myself don't care for Eva and I think it mostly has to do with her personality, I think YaYa is much better looking and I believe she finds work. Tyra likes to strighten her hair but so what, lots of black and non-black women do, honestly it can be easier to manage then the kinky curly hair. Now not all black people have really tight curly har( I don't ) but for those that do, strighter hair can be easier to manage and yeah straighter hair is more desired nody can argue that.

I think Tyra makes a good point of learning to love yourself, I doubt it was easy for her considering she is not 'model thin' but to me she looks healthy and much better looking then many of the twiggy thin models. One does need to learn to love one self or you never wil be truly comfortable in your own skin, just look at people who get surgery just for the news, it isn't long before they see something wrong with their forehead, lips, chin etc and soon they aren't even the same person and that is a very sad thing.

I myself find nothing wrong with cosmetic surgery, beauty products, or any of the things but I do think what is. Important is the why. Why are you doing? If it is to gain some sort of approval I think you're making a mistake, you shouldn't live your life to please others.

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Tyra made an issue with people who were putting these creams on their children and one who was so desperate she poured bleach on her face. These women have issues that run more then skin deep and need counseling of some sort. Even though I lighten I could tell those women had issues that even if they lightend, they would find something else and on and on and on, it is a vicious cycle.

I doubt Tyra doesn't want competition as even on her own modeling show she makes sure all women of color are given a chance, from the dark Imaan colore to the lighter Noemi Lenoir. As far as celebrities goes I'm not sure what they do. Many of the singers just use skin care products to even out their tone and it will give the illusion of lighter skin when really they just look brighter. Now I know celebs like Sammy Sosa obviously use something to alter their skin pigmentation.

nope no way! tyra lightened! not only did she lighten she had a nose job to have her nose look "better" whatever that means...and whats with the blonde hair?

Tyra is not a fool...she knows what to and what it takes to make it and be seen as "somebody" in this world. she just didn't go bleach crazy like some other celebreties..

do you really think tyra would say to these women of all colors that they're to ugly to be considered as models? no way...she'll lift their spirts and lie to them and make them feel good so her show can get all these nice little ratings but we all know its not true. and if and when they do become models a year after being a celebrity they look totally different! tons of plastic surgery, lighter skin light colored hair!

if you look at her pictures before she's altered her self...and I dont understand why she's yelling at these women who bleach when she did the EXACT SAME THING...

I love tyra banks I do...but please these celebrites need to quit it with the hypocrisy...everyone alters themselves to some extent...a simple hair cut can change a person's apperance dramatically...make up, hair color change, skin color change etc etc.

and what the h*ll is wrong with lightening your skin anyways...she wouldn't have been yelling at them if they were tanning.

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ondine wrote:The thing with Tyra's show is that she has to make sure to appeal to her teenage to 20 something audience. For this reason,, she tends to choose extreme examples in order to both appeal to this demographic (much like Maury Povich only he appeals to as many guys as girls)andto use her influence over these younger people to teach & 'preach' lessons she thinks are important & wants to get across. One such lesson:

- ALL SKIN LIGHTENING IS WRONG! ANYONE WHO ENGAGES IN THE PROCESS IS A SELF-HATING IGNORANT MISINFORMED PERSON IN NEED OF THERAPY.

Another lesson:

- MIXED PEOPLE WHO IDENTIFY AS SUCH (WHICH IS THE TRUTH!)MUST, BY DEFAULT HATE BLACKS OR WHATEVER THEIR NON-WHITE 'HALF' (OR WHATEVER) IS.

Another lesson (you can't live w/o these lessons, folks!):

- ALL 'NON-WHITES' WHO GET ANY PLASTIC SURGERY WHATSOEVER ARE TRYING TO DE-RACIALIZE THEMSELVES. THEY SECRETLY HATE THEMSELVES & WISH THAT THEY WERE WHITE.

Her show then locates emotional cripples & assorted screwed-up people who prove whatever point she wants to make. For some reason that baffles the critical thinker, the above does not apply to herself. Despite having lightened her skin 'a shade or 2' & narrowed her nose, having light skin, green eyes, a narrow nose & someone else's long blonde hair crazy glued to her scalp, HER SUCCESS IN HER MODIFIED APPEARANCE IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL! SHE WOULD'VE ENJOYED THE SAME SUCCESS IN AMERICA IN ANY CASE! While her modelling show does show-case a variety of 'types' of models, the most successful(in the USA) of the non-white winners is Eva the Diva; blonde with green eyes. What a random coincidence!

The same denial she seems to think everyone else is in is the denial she herself is neck-deep in. She admits to having a 'thing' about her own hair, though.

Denying the truth of the way a given society functions, denying its preferences (no matter how politically incorrect) is counter-productive & has a silencing effect.

couldn't have said it better my self! its all hypocrisy!

what? because she sorta doesn't wear her weave alot now adays that makes her some sort of marker or symbol for acceptance and tolerance?

bull! she still wears her weaves died her hair and lightens!

I dont blame tyra banks at all! she did what she had to do to make it....I just dont like the way she screams at others for following her path!

love this quote!!!

"the above does not apply to herself. Despite having lightened her skin 'a shade or 2' & narrowed her nose, having light skin, green eyes, a narrow nose & someone else's long blonde hair crazy glued to her scalp, HER SUCCESS IN HER MODIFIED APPEARANCE IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL! SHE WOULD'VE ENJOYED THE SAME SUCCESS IN AMERICA IN ANY CASE! While her modelling show does show-case a variety of 'types' of models, the most successful(in the USA) of the non-white winners is Eva the Diva; blonde with green eyes. What a random coincidence!"

and yes Eva is one of the few top models you hear about...the others seemed to have up and vanished! Shocked

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Alizee love wrote:Meh I still like Tyra and think she has given a fair chance to black models that they may not have had had they not gone on America's Next Top model.

I think alot if not all of those black models were just there for numbers...they need to have a certain number of models for the show to run...

I mean if you listen to the judges espcially Nigel, its like they're struggeling to find some thing nice to say to the black models (the ones who have look ethnic if I may say so.)

very rarely do they every say to them "you're beautiful"...the black models who get that complement usually look mixed or dont look black.

Last edited by Enticing on Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged