The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

1 Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

I may have spoken about this before but I am wondering if it is now getting out of hand. We have officially entered winter and yet here I am still paranoid about absolutely any sun exposure. I used to laugh at peole who said they were like vampires but I think I may well be turning into one of them. lol. I know that sun protection should be worn all year round but I am still paranoid and actually hate to see the sun out when I have to be outside. Anyone else like me?

26 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Youcould also say you went to a derm who did a chemical peel and told you to avoid the sun as much as possible. Since I've been lightening I have been using sunscreen much for frequent and just tell. My friends that sunscreen should be used daily even on cloudy skys regardless of skin color.

27 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:18 pm

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Since coming on this board I have learnt the importance of sun block and I refuse to compromise on this and would care less if someone questioned me about it. There is so much damage the sun can do that I am not going to worry about what others think about me using it. Now lightening products are a different thing but my sunblocks are all on show on my dressing table. I even encourage my Mum and sisters to use it. Not that they do but my Mum is getting better especially when it is hot.

28 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:33 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You go girl lol.

One time some made mention of it and said only really light skinned people needed sunblcock because they burn easily( I myself am about a number 22 or 23 on the Van Luschan's skin scale but I guess I'm still dark enough to be 'safe' lol). Well I told her twenty years from now when I have nice skin and she has skin cancer, remember this moment.

29 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:20 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I know black people who have gotten sun burnt and they weren't light skinned!!! Yes we do have a degree of in built sun protection but there are still some who are sun intolerant and even those who are not still need some protection. I really do believe that the sun is much stronger than years ago and people need to start educating themselves about how to be safe in the sun

30 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
My Mom is one of those people who has been sunburnt on a cloudy day !!!Her skin is very sensitive to the sun and she has to be very careful but being black and of a generation that assume that black skin does not need sun protection means it has taken a bit of pressure to re educate her into to taking better care

31 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
shame you guys are not my friends in the outside world. Would mean so much less self expalining. Still waiting on my sunblock to arrive so cannot wait to start feel a bit less paranoid when I am outside and avoid getting that burnt look that my skin gets

32 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I just bought a new bottle of sunscreen yesterday and I feel protected with it. It is Copperton, the pink bottle, with an spf of 50 and has 14% zinc oxide.

This should be a good choice right?

33 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:27 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well I keep hearing that zinc sunblocks are the best way to go so maybe it is ok

34 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:57 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah they are a phyiscal protectant I believe and this one has no dye,oil or fragrance so....*crosses fingers*

35 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:42 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Definitely go for the physical sun block especially as I think you mentioned that you will be using nadinola and you need that when using any hq products. I have seen higher zinc contents but see how it goes

36 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Yeah I have seen others but honestly I wanted one asap and it was there lol. I remember as a little girl my parents used coppertone for me and for few years I never got any darker lol.

37 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:48 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana wrote:shame you guys are not my friends in the outside world. Would mean so much less self expalining. Still waiting on my sunblock to arrive so cannot wait to start feel a bit less paranoid when I am outside and avoid getting that burnt look that my skin gets

Don't worry your confidence on here will surely spill out in the real world. What sun screen did you go for in the end?

38 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Just keep a stiff upper lip and ignore the haters, they exist everywhere.

39 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:11 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I try but some days it can be hard specially when you are not feeling particularly good about yourself

40 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:37 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yogi wrote:
quiamontana wrote:shame you guys are not my friends in the outside world. Would mean so much less self expalining. Still waiting on my sunblock to arrive so cannot wait to start feel a bit less paranoid when I am outside and avoid getting that burnt look that my skin gets

Don't worry your confidence on here will surely spill out in the real world. What sun screen did you go for in the end?

Thank you I do hope so. This is the sun cream that I chose in the end. I am really pleased with it so thank you gothqueen for the suggestion. It does not leave me looking white and it does not feel greasy so if it helps me not to darken then I may stick with it and not bother with devita. I got the clear one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

41 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:34 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am glad you like it.I will say that for me I like to see my sunblock. Call me a bit paranoid but it makes me feel better protected. I don't want to look like a hot white mess but A bit of a tint is totally fine with me. That is why I love soleo as well, though it can be a little bit greasy so not great if you have oily skin

42 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:19 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am lucky it more and more. It disappears completely. Do you think that maybe it is not as effective as the one that shows then?

43 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
oops I meant to say I like it more and more

44 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:38 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Great to hear. No I am not saying you have to see your block, it is just something that I personally prefer. Just bear in mind that no sun block is full proof so avoidance is also needed as well.

45 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I understand what you are aying. If my sun block sinks in without a trace I think am I getting the full protection but then I do not like the ghost look either lol

46 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:05 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:Great to hear. No I am not saying you have to see your block, it is just something that I personally prefer. Just bear in mind that no sun block is full proof so avoidance is also needed as well.

Oh yes. It has been incredibly hot lately and I have barely ventured out unless I have to

47 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:55 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I forgot to ask whether I am supposed to wear sunblock indoors.

48 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I do not wear sunblock if I am not going out but I make sure not to be standing at any windows and have those with direct sunlight, closed with blinds. It sounds like you may be in a more extreme climate than mine and if avoiding incoming sunlight is not an option then it may help to put something on for added protection

49 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:38 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
ok. Luckily the rooms that I tend to stay in are facing away from the sun. I just want to be able to take a break from applying it every day if I don't have to

50 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
OMG the sun is out in London with a vengence. Summer is definitely here!! It feels like yesterday we were celebrating Christmas and now wham the sun is out there killing me. I had to run to get what I wanted done before it was 11 am and came back so hot and bothered. This weather gets me down. I hate the heat Mad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum