The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.


- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts


Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.


Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!


All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.


Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.


Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.


The Conversation Chamber



You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

1 Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:49 pm

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

I may have spoken about this before but I am wondering if it is now getting out of hand. We have officially entered winter and yet here I am still paranoid about absolutely any sun exposure. I used to laugh at peole who said they were like vampires but I think I may well be turning into one of them. lol. I know that sun protection should be worn all year round but I am still paranoid and actually hate to see the sun out when I have to be outside. Anyone else like me?


76 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Tue May 31, 2011 7:11 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
OMG I had an argument with my Mom at the weekend about this very thing. She hates darkness and wants the sunshine floding into the house. I do think she gets that "sad" syndrome when you get depressed when you don't get enough sunlight. Anyway my room is my room so I have no idea why it should bother her that my curtains are closed when she is not even in there. She came into my room to ask me for something and then started moaning about the darkness. It was so annoying. I just wanted her to go and leave me alone. There are plenty of other rooms she can get her dose of sunshine for and she only came in for a minute if that. My room gets the sunshine pretty much all day so I have to protect myself as much as I can. Why do parents get so bothered about it all?

77 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Tue May 31, 2011 11:17 am

quiamontana


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I dont get it either. There must be others out there who do not like the sun apart from those who are lightening. Like you said this is your space so why get worked up about whether your blinds/ drapes are closed. I am lucky that my room faces away from the sun but I am sure that my Mum would be questoning me endlessly if I were doing the same thing.

78 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Tue May 31, 2011 11:39 am

quiamontana


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
angeleyes wrote:That is interesting. It sound very easy to make so I wouldn't mind trying it myself. I have never made any cosmteics so it would be nice to experiment. Please let me know how it works and then I will ask you for a step by step guide study


I have never tried a shop bought c serum so have nothing to compare it to but I love the cooling and moisturising effect I get applying this at night. I am hoping it is having an effect.

I make a 10% serum

2 tsp L ascorbic acid
5 tbsp distilled water
2 tsp glycerine

I mix the LAA in the distilled water till disolved and then add the glycerin. Refrigerate and make sure it is stored in an amber bottle to avoid light getting to it. After a few days you need to make up a new batch as there are no preservatives in it. This is a very basic vitamin C serum but for a novice like me suits me perfectly

79 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 am

angeleyes


Accepted
Privileged
That is dead easy !!! Thanks

80 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:29 am

angeleyes


Accepted
Privileged
Kim your story about the 18 year old sent shivers down me. What a tender age to get such devastating news. I am glad to hear she recovered.

rainbow and yogi, unfortunately taking a GREAT interest in what you are up to comes with the territory of parenthood. It can drive you wild but I suppose it is only because they care. Maybe after a while they will get used to how you like things and just put it down to being one of your little things...........

81 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:30 am

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
That is why I felt I had to bring it up because it shows that even those who do not spend time in the sun are still at risk, so people need to be careful out there.
And to you other guys, who would have thought that a set of closed curtains could bring about so much drama. I say roll on winter when there is less pressure . All I keep hearing is that we will be having the hottest summer in years. I am so hoping they get that one wrong!!!!!!!!!

82 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:37 pm

GOTHQUEEN

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
The promotion of using good suncreams has improved but like you say there is some way to go. I believe someone mentioned that their boyfriend thought sunblock was not very manly and this does need to get focused on. At least a lot of women wear moisturers that have some SPF incorporated (very often not enough) but at least it is something and it does encourage some women to step up on this and get a good sun cream in addition.

83 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:37 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
You know before I came here I did not even realise that black people should be wearing sun protection. But now as I look at the sun damage on my arms face and neck in particular, I can see that this is so untrue.

84 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:58 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:That is why I felt I had to bring it up because it shows that even those who do not spend time in the sun are still at risk, so people need to be careful out there.
And to you other guys, who would have thought that a set of closed curtains could bring about so much drama. I say roll on winter when there is less pressure . All I keep hearing is that we will be having the hottest summer in years. I am so hoping they get that one wrong!!!!!!!!!


Maybe not. It has been hot today so I have not dared to go out. I am glad that I have not had to but I would have been pi**ed if I had no choice. I don't want anything messing up my new routine

85 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:01 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana wrote:I dont get it either. There must be others out there who do not like the sun apart from those who are lightening. Like you said this is your space so why get worked up about whether your blinds/ drapes are closed. I am lucky that my room faces away from the sun but I am sure that my Mum would be questoning me endlessly if I were doing the same thing.

I have no idea why it would get her so worked up. There are so many bad things I could be up to. Sitting in the shade is NOTHING. What is the problem?? Oh well maybe like someone said she will eventually just say it is just one of my little things I like to do.

86 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:00 pm

rainbow


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I can't say if you will agree but I think as a guy it is harder to explain sun avoidance. My Mom will definitely think something is up if I say I don't want to get any more sun damage. Generally I don't give two hoots what people have to say about what I am doing but my Mum knows just how to get to me and make me feel like whatever it is I am doing is bad.

87 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:24 am

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
yogi wrote:
KIM wrote:That is why I felt I had to bring it up because it shows that even those who do not spend time in the sun are still at risk, so people need to be careful out there.
And to you other guys, who would have thought that a set of closed curtains could bring about so much drama. I say roll on winter when there is less pressure . All I keep hearing is that we will be having the hottest summer in years. I am so hoping they get that one wrong!!!!!!!!!


Maybe not. It has been hot today so I have not dared to go out. I am glad that I have not had to but I would have been pi**ed if I had no choice. I don't want anything messing up my new routine

Yes I know. I got up extra early so I could avoid the worst of it while I went out and then I did not come back out till as late as I could. Today will not be much better, though there is more cloud cover ,but as it is the weekend no pressure to go out

88 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:49 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It's pretty hot today so glad that there is no pressure to go out

89 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:55 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
rainbow wrote:I can't say if you will agree but I think as a guy it is harder to explain sun avoidance. My Mom will definitely think something is up if I say I don't want to get any more sun damage. Generally I don't give two hoots what people have to say about what I am doing but my Mum knows just how to get to me and make me feel like whatever it is I am doing is bad.

I think you may be right abou the sun avoidance. I don't see many guys taking a big interest in skin care.Well none of the men I know anyway

90 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

quiamontana


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
where I live it doe not really matter if a guy is dark .He can still get admired but I don't believe it is the same for all dark girls. So men don't have to try as hard

91 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 am

angeleyes


Accepted
Privileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:The promotion of using good suncreams has improved but like you say there is some way to go. I believe someone mentioned that their boyfriend thought sunblock was not very manly and this does need to get focused on. At least a lot of women wear moisturers that have some SPF incorporated (very often not enough) but at least it is something and it does encourage some women to step up on this and get a good sun cream in addition.

That was me and I am tired f trying to tell him that it will pay off later if you take a little more care now. It is not like I am aksing him to walk around with an umbrella or something but just put on a bit of sunblock especially when he has the roof off of his convertible car. Already I am reaping the rewards by looking much younger than my real age and that is just by taking a little interest in how I look after myself. Yes he may laugh with my extra visor on my already tinted windows but I am doing everything I can to make sure that no unnecessary sun hits me wherever I go, whether it is indoors or out.

92 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 am

rainbow


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana wrote:where I live it doe not really matter if a guy is dark .He can still get admired but I don't believe it is the same for all dark girls. So men don't have to try as hard


I think you have a point. Could be why I don't get so stressed if something does not work, only the fact that it was a waste of money. No one has ever made an issue of my colour though I am not particularly dark. & it has never been an issue with the ladies LOL. It does seem unfair but life can be that way sadly

93 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 am

angeleyes


Accepted
Privileged
Like Louis Armstong said "this is a man's world...." Now how did us ladies allow this to happen??????

94 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:43 pm

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
scratch No idea .
I do know that some women tend to give other women a hard time. You don't really get men talking about other men in the same way as women. Or at least it never is a big thing and tends to be a joke whereas women can be very catty about each other. Women need to be more supportive of one another . That way everyone can have a confidence that shines through no matter what they look like.

95 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 pm

rainbow


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I know exactly what you are saying. I used to hang out with some girls who would literally tear each other apart with their snide remarks. Made me so glad to be a guy !!!!!!!!

96 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:17 pm

GOTHQUEEN

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
My thoughts are that it is a form of self preservation. If you find a women more attractive than yourself, it could make you believe that she is therefore able to achieve and attain more than you. So if you make others aware of any flaws that you try to find, then it could make you all be on the same footing i.e she is no better than you. It is a confident and happy person who admires others without searching for faults

97 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:52 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
So true. I am sure many of us feel a little insecure when faced with someone that we consider way prettier than us but it is surprising that what we may think is beautiful is not always to everyone's taste anyway. If you carry yourself well, make the most of what you have, smile and hold your head up with confidence then this can be just as attractive.

98 Re: Anyone else paranoid like me ????? on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 am

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
It is so true about confidence shining through because I have met girls who others may not have considered as the most attractive but yet they were always getting attention and guys falling all over them. So I agree make the most of what you have and really believe in yourself but not in a conceited way.

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 
  •  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum