The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
what is your new year skin resolution?? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty what is your new year skin resolution?? Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:50 am

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
just wanted to know what you have in mind to better your skin. no negative talks PLEASE, ONLY POSITIVE IDEAS Very Happy

big hug to you Smile
happeee happeee nuuuuu yeahhhh!!!!

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Happy New year to you too and to all fellow members !!!!!

My resolution is to be more consistent. I can sometimes be a bit lazy and miss applications on my hands and feet, but I know that winter is the perfect time to get things really going.Before you know it sumer will be on our doors again !!! sunny

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
i know what you mean about consistency, its not easy but i guess i made it a lifestyle. there are times i am late for work etc. or you go out and come home too late to take a bath or shower (well i force myself to go in the bath tub hahahaha)
i mean even your daily life is not consistent so it really sucks to do all these things 365 days a year..... i think i did it for 320days of last years lol

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
To try and do less impulse buying. I have far too many products that are unopened and I know will probably never get used as they become out of date

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
GOTHQUEEN wrote:To try and do less impulse buying. I have far too many products that are unopened and I know will probably never get used as they become out of date

wow!!! LOL!!! i normally buy and use for a couple of days and give it away but ive stopped for a year now....its addictive but im praying ill continue this way though...and im lucky that in s.a everything i wanna buy i need to do it online so i become impatient and lazy so that helped me stop.. my problem was getting bored of opening the same container or bottle everyday lol i wanted a new look or new packaging hahaha

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
To hopefully achieve the same sort of lightening that I did with F & F but without the horrible side effects !!!

pinkbaby12

pinkbaby12
Accepted
Accepted
yogi wrote:To hopefully achieve the same sort of lightening that I did with F & F but without the horrible side effects !!!

how were the side effects? internal or external?
what is F & F? lol i feel so dumb asking that. hahahaha

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I think she means Fair and Flawless who have a range of skin whitening/lightening products.

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes it's the Fair and Flawless that I am talking about it. It was thinning my skin and gave me breakouts and then I found out it had clobestal proportionate in it which is a powerful steroid. It explained why I lightened so quickly with it. I just wish I could find something that gave the same lightening but without the use of steroids to give results. I have just started using hydroquinone 4% along with Retin a which I have used before. I will see how this works for me. I don't really want to be using hq for long though

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
yogi hopefully you will see enticing's video and that will give you the inspiration to keep at it. I know that you were doing the same F & F routine and he is really pleased with how his skin has cleared up and lightened now.

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yeah Kim, I just saw the vid !!!! It does make me want to keep at it definitely. and as we were both using the same problematic product before, there is hope for me that this may correct the damage. Thanks for thinking of me by the way Very Happy

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Just keep at it sweetie if you cant tolerate tretinoin for more than once a day thats fine...then once a day but apply hydroquinone at least twice...I know the next morning you're gonna have tons of peeling...tones of dead skin, tons of muck and the first thing you wanna do is just jump into the shower but the results are well worth it!

its so horrible what Fair and Flawless is doing! that thinning was insane...I could see my veins so clearly!

yogi you can use Hydroquinone for how ever long you want! 4% espcially 4% used with Tretinoin makes it darn near impossible for you to develope any of these so called "skin problems"

Kassy

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi Enticing ,

How are things coming along for you! Kassy from Skincaretalk. My new year resolution is to find a natural lightening that doesn't contain steroids, mercury,hq. Looking to use San Kojie Soap and Carotein Fairness cream. Had some success with Latic acid lotion and milkprotein I was getting too light stopped everything and didn't practice SAP. So I redarken started using hq and retin and my hands are lights but knuckles and finger tip is dark.

14what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:25 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
If you had success with Lactic acid lotion and milkprotein why did you stop using it?

use the Carotein Fairness cream with azelaic acid from all day chemist...however I'm not sure how much lightening you'll be able to achive with that regimen.

15what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Hey Kasssy I have heard really good things about the milk protein gel. Do you think it is all natural cos I heard it lightens fast. It's just that I am always dubious about things that come in gel form. Makes me think that there are steroids in it.

16what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:29 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
My resolution is to get "ENTIICING" lightening !!! LOL

17what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:38 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I did a bit of research on this milkprotein! check out this site!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and check out the quote

"after 3 days of using this product i started seein results it works wonders for me it rids black spots on my face an because i smoke i have a couple burns on my leg that left black spots.....all gone i so love this product!!!!!!!!"

thats exactly what happened with fair and flawless!

steroids!!! post my fair and flawless expierence...my gaurd is up to the heavens!

18what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
angeleyes wrote:My resolution is to get "ENTIICING" lightening !!! LOL

LOOOOL

Kassy

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
The lactic lotion just stopped working me, I believe my skin got used to that regimen along with the milkprotein. It's funny you mentioned azelaic acid my derm just prescribed the 10% for my face. Have you ever used the azelaic acid Enticing? When I had success with the LA and milkprotein I didn't use any suncreen , I was new and didn't know any better. I tried using it again but never got the same result like I did before. Alot of the stuff that I know now I didn't know back then. I ended triggering PIH on my thighs, feet and hands and knuckles. Then I started using G&G /Movate lighten me back to my inital color that I got from the LA& milkprotein within 1 1/2 weeks using it 3 daily per a friends advice . I was very happy but when I stopped I redarken. I have tried using Ontenika Hypercreme their product have changed and doesn't work the same anymore.
Then I started using Glytone and compounding my own 10% hq like ninasky and Manay in SCT. I have great results and learned alot along the way and stopped jumping on everybandwagon. So now I am trying to wean myself off the hq serum that I compund myself and wanted something more natural. I don't mind going down a shade or two. I don't like using the acids like I did in the beginning caused too many issue and it can quickly get out of hand. I am currently using the 10% hq 2 days out of the week and taking MSM 6000mg & Vit- C, NAC, Vitamin E, flaxseed oil or Udo'oil,Alpha Lopic Acid to help maintain and chlorella and spirullina to help combat the mercury in my system from the hq. I always keep carotein fairness cream as a staple in my regimen. But I just want a body cream or lotion that can help maintain my color without any issues or steriods,hq etc. But I will look into the azelaic acid. Thanks...

Kassy

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
@ Angeleyes, I don't think it as any steriods in it. I would say it brightens the skin more than it lightens it than again that's IMO. The brightening wasn't overnight like people get quick results in 1 week from fair & flawless that's not the case with the milkprotein.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Kassy I was looking into the milk protein a while back and every shop I asked for it said they no longer sell it, which made me wonder whether there was anything "bad" in it.

How many shades would you say the 10% has reduced you by and how long have you used it? And did you find compounding hard?

22what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:20 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:The lactic lotion just stopped working me, I believe my skin got used to that regimen along with the milkprotein. It's funny you mentioned azelaic acid my derm just prescribed the 10% for my face. Have you ever used the azelaic acid Enticing? When I had success with the LA and milkprotein I didn't use any suncreen , I was new and didn't know any better. I tried using it again but never got the same result like I did before. Alot of the stuff that I know now I didn't know back then. I ended triggering PIH on my thighs, feet and hands and knuckles. Then I started using G&G /Movate lighten me back to my inital color that I got from the LA& milkprotein within 1 1/2 weeks using it 3 daily per a friends advice . I was very happy but when I stopped I redarken. I have tried using Ontenika Hypercreme their product have changed and doesn't work the same anymore.
Then I started using Glytone and compounding my own 10% hq like ninasky and Manay in SCT. I have great results and learned alot along the way and stopped jumping on everybandwagon. So now I am trying to wean myself off the hq serum that I compund myself and wanted something more natural. I don't mind going down a shade or two. I don't like using the acids like I did in the beginning caused too many issue and it can quickly get out of hand. I am currently using the 10% hq 2 days out of the week and taking MSM 6000mg & Vit- C, NAC, Vitamin E, flaxseed oil or Udo'oil,Alpha Lopic Acid to help maintain and chlorella and spirullina to help combat the mercury in my system from the hq. I always keep carotein fairness cream as a staple in my regimen. But I just want a body cream or lotion that can help maintain my color without any issues or steriods,hq etc. But I will look into the azelaic acid. Thanks...

yes that stuff definitely contains steroids...the samething happened to me with fair and flawless...it just stopped working and had adverse effects...um hold on a bit...Hydroquinone does not contain mercury...maybe the brand you got but not pure unadulterated hydroquinone...No I haven't used azelaic acid yet but ondine has and she has given it the thumbs up....

wait... why art thou forsaken hydroquinone?

23what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:22 am

Enticing

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:@ Angeleyes, I don't think it as any steriods in it. I would say it brightens the skin more than it lightens it than again that's IMO. The brightening wasn't overnight like people get quick results in 1 week from fair & flawless that's not the case with the milkprotein.

if it just stops working abruptly thats usually a steroid sign...

24what is your new year skin resolution?? Empty Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:36 pm

Kassy

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
why art thou forsaken hydroquinone?
For medical reasons only. Now that I have used it to get to my goal color ,I just want to maintain my result form here on out with a more natural products that's all.

The hq serum that I compound myself works great but the one from ADC darkens me give me a reddish undertone instead of my yellow undertone. I have finally reached my goal color and wanted to start maintaining my results with a more natural product that's all. I will give the azelaic acid a try along with the carotein fairness cream and let you know the pH balance and how it goes.

Has for the milkprotein I used on top of the LA lotion not by it self. I call it the 2 for 1 deal or killing to birds with one stone. I was getting rid of my pretan and lightening or brightening skin in one process. The vitamins that I take along with using the hq serum twice has helped me maitain my goal color but I just don't want to use hq serum forever!

@Angeleyes I do actually find compounding easy. I just heat up the DPG in the microwave and let it cool and I just add my hq powder and some glycerin or malic acid and shake , shake until I get a liquid consistency and that it and it last me 2 weeks.

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I would have thought it would be hard to maintain after 10% hq. I know you said that you don't mind going down a few shades. At some point do you think you are going to have go back and use it from time to time? How light are you now if you don't mind me asking?

This is why I was so disappointed when I found out that F & F had steroids in it because I thought I could comtinue using it forever, even though the price was ridiculous!!!! I keep hearing that you should give hq a break and I don't want to go backwards.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | Society and Culture | Beauty, Celebrities, Fashion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com