The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.


- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts


Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.


Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!


All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.


Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.


Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.


The Conversation Chamber



You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:50 am

pinkbaby12

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
First topic message reminder :

just wanted to know what you have in mind to better your skin. no negative talks PLEASE, ONLY POSITIVE IDEAS Very Happy

big hug to you Smile
happeee happeee nuuuuu yeahhhh!!!!


26 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I was using the hq serum 5 times a day to twice a day now. I was MAC makeup NC45 to MAC NC40. I am going to try and exfoliate more often and try the carotein Fairness Cream with the azelaic acid and see what gives.

27 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:44 pm

GOTHQUEEN

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Wow!!! Awesome results. Please let us know how you get on with the maintenance.

28 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:47 pm

GOTHQUEEN

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
And this is for anyone who is not sure sbout how many shades that is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


29 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I mean to say I was using the hq serum 5 times a week nightly along with the glytone but now I am down to 2 days week only. I will definitely keep you updated.

30 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:why art thou forsaken hydroquinone?
For medical reasons only. Now that I have used it to get to my goal color ,I just want to maintain my result form here on out with a more natural products that's all.

The hq serum that I compound myself works great but the one from ADC darkens me give me a reddish undertone instead of my yellow undertone. I have finally reached my goal color and wanted to start maintaining my results with a more natural product that's all. I will give the azelaic acid a try along with the carotein fairness cream and let you know the pH balance and how it goes.

Has for the milkprotein I used on top of the LA lotion not by it self. I call it the 2 for 1 deal or killing to birds with one stone. I was getting rid of my pretan and lightening or brightening skin in one process. The vitamins that I take along with using the hq serum twice has helped me maitain my goal color but I just don't want to use hq serum forever!

@Angeleyes I do actually find compounding easy. I just heat up the DPG in the microwave and let it cool and I just add my hq powder and some glycerin or malic acid and shake , shake until I get a liquid consistency and that it and it last me 2 weeks.

yes vitamins are good...i take a multi vitamin...msm....and omega 3!
ya that is true with all day chemist! the hyhdroquinone there does give one a red undertone...its temporary but some times it comes back...
so Kassy where do you get your hydroquinone powder from? and how do you know how much you're compounding percentage wise...

31 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:43 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:why art thou forsaken hydroquinone?
For medical reasons only. Now that I have used it to get to my goal color ,I just want to maintain my result form here on out with a more natural products that's all.

The hq serum that I compound myself works great but the one from ADC darkens me give me a reddish undertone instead of my yellow undertone. I have finally reached my goal color and wanted to start maintaining my results with a more natural product that's all. I will give the azelaic acid a try along with the carotein fairness cream and let you know the pH balance and how it goes.

Has for the milkprotein I used on top of the LA lotion not by it self. I call it the 2 for 1 deal or killing to birds with one stone. I was getting rid of my pretan and lightening or brightening skin in one process. The vitamins that I take along with using the hq serum twice has helped me maitain my goal color but I just don't want to use hq serum forever!

@Angeleyes I do actually find compounding easy. I just heat up the DPG in the microwave and let it cool and I just add my hq powder and some glycerin or malic acid and shake , shake until I get a liquid consistency and that it and it last me 2 weeks.

yes vitamins are good...i take a multi vitamin...msm....and omega 3!
ya that is true with all day chemist! the hyhdroquinone there does give one a red undertone...its temporary but some times it comes back...
so Kassy where do you get your hydroquinone powder from? and how do you know how much you're compounding percentage wise...

32 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:46 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:I was using the hq serum 5 times a day to twice a day now. I was MAC makeup NC45 to MAC NC40. I am going to try and exfoliate more often and try the carotein Fairness Cream with the azelaic acid and see what gives.

Ondine loves the carotein Fairness Cream...I've tried it...it contributes but not signifcantly..but thats just my opinion and my testimonial.

33 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:I was using the hq serum 5 times a day to twice a day now. I was MAC makeup NC45 to MAC NC40. I am going to try and exfoliate more often and try the carotein Fairness Cream with the azelaic acid and see what gives.

" MAC makeup NC45 to MAC NC40"

wait a minute..these are pretty much the results I achived...i think i maybe a little lighter as a matter of fact...which proves one thing...

Retin A is a force to be reckoned with...because i only use hydroquinone 4%...
this is incredibly interesting!

34 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I get my HQ powder - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Glytone - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The got the recipe from Manay & Nina Sky on SCT. But here is what I do I measure DPG Dipropylene Glycol.


how to mix HQ serum:
heat 100ml of DPG in a glass mug (heat with microwave or put it in a pot of boiling water). I prefer microwave oven.
Cover it with a cling film and punch a whole on the top.
after it is heated put 10g of HQ powder and stir until it is completely dissolved.
after it is dissolved let it cool in an airless pump container.
only make a weeks worth. while doing all this make sure to have gloves on, mask, just stay protected.

I hope this helps if you need more information you can look up Manya profile in SCT or Nina Sky. I followed Manay's.

35 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:I get my HQ powder - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Glytone - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
or here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The got the recipe from Manay & Nina Sky on SCT. But here is what I do I measure DPG Dipropylene Glycol.


how to mix HQ serum:
heat 100ml of DPG in a glass mug (heat with microwave or put it in a pot of boiling water). I prefer microwave oven.
Cover it with a cling film and punch a whole on the top.
after it is heated put 10g of HQ powder and stir until it is completely dissolved.
after it is dissolved let it cool in an airless pump container.
only make a weeks worth. while doing all this make sure to have gloves on, mask, just stay protected.

I hope this helps if you need more information you can look up Manya profile in SCT or Nina Sky. I followed Manay's.

thats interesting Kassy...thank you...based on what you said....I've pretty much achived the same results you did with hydroquinone 4% and Tretinoin 0.1%....this is quite affordable and economically smart... $6.50 for a 100g box of hydroquinone powder...

you said that you had to stop using hydroquinone for medical reasons..feel free not to answer I promise I'll habour no hard feelings..but are you medical reason's associated in any way with your immune system?

this would be interesting...I could do this and apply my retin A with it...so kassy what do u think about the color you've attained with this regimen...do you love the way your skin looks?

36 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 am

pinkbaby12

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
angeleyes wrote:Hey Kasssy I have heard really good things about the milk protein gel. Do you think it is all natural cos I heard it lightens fast. It's just that I am always dubious about things that come in gel form. Makes me think that there are steroids in it.

OH MY WORD!!! thats exactly why i want nothing to do with gels, all i think about is is wierd harmful chemicals in them. atleast someone feels me on that one lol

37 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:55 am

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
@ enticing the medical reason is due to an issues that started after childbirth that's all nothing to do with my immune system . I like the color of my skin and I never really want to get pale or nothing but a shade or 2 lighter and more evened tone that's all and I am still working on the even tone part. Due to not uisng the hq daily agian I have lost a shade or two, which is okay to me but my hubby don't think so. I just want to maintain here on out with a more natural products that's all.

38 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy wrote:@ enticing the medical reason is due to an issues that started after childbirth that's all nothing to do with my immune system . I like the color of my skin and I never really want to get pale or nothing but a shade or 2 lighter and more evened tone that's all and I am still working on the even tone part. Due to not uisng the hq daily agian I have lost a shade or two, which is okay to me but my hubby don't think so. I just want to maintain here on out with a more natural products that's all.

Kassy I want to chat with you a bit....please stay online..

39 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy would you mind joining the chat box? I'm there right now...is this a convenient time?

40 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:38 am

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Sorry but where is the chat box , I am still trying to na navigate thru the website..

41 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:42 am

Enticing


Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
the chat box is located at the bottom of the "home" portion of the site... Smile

42 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kassy do you mean pregnancy mask. I have a friend who darkened significantly when she had her baby and she has remained that way or maybe just a little bit lighter but definitely darker than before her baby girl. I don't think it bothers her or I would recommend something to her. She still cute.

43 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 am

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Kassy thanks for sharing your source and directions. You made it sound very easy.

44 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:24 am

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
It's really is, I never knew that I can compound my own Hq until I asked questions people were nice enough to share plus. I know exactly what I am putting on my body. But like I said I have started weaning myself off hq and wanting to go natural.

@ Yogi Yes! Like a black Cast.

45 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:26 pm

pinkbaby12

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
pregnancy mask? what is that?

46 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:36 pm

KIM


Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I believe due to elevated hormone levels during pregnancy, a lot of women get a darkening of their complexion as a result.

47 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Kassy


Quiet Type
Quiet Type
The pregnancy mask is officially known as chloasma or melasma. So people hormones just tend go into overdrive while pregnant that's all.

48 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 pm

pinkbaby12

avatar
Accepted
Accepted
ooooh well at school the biological term is Chloasma where they get sometimes on thier face right? like on the side of their cheeks or even the neck and etc
ok atleast no i know another name hahahaha
i think ill use the new word more lol

49 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Alizee love

avatar
Aristocracy
Aristocracy
For this year I'm going to try Nadinola( originally ff 5xgel but now idk) and once I achieve a lighter switch to a more natural regime so my skin doesn't get used the nadinola and build up a tolerance to it.

50 Re: what is your new year skin resolution?? on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am

yogi

avatar
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Good luck with it. It's one of the original lighteners out there so hopefully should have a good proven record for working

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

 
  •  

Create a forum on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum