The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Got myself a new nose !!!!! Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:43 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
First topic message reminder :

well as the topic states, I finally decided after a few years debating whether I should, to have ethnic rhinoplasty done.

First off: I am not a self hater. I just wanted to enhance myself. I have quite delicate and small features and I would say that my nose is the only thing that was very slightly out of proportion with my face. I also decided I wanted to get a little more definition, so had the bridge sligtly built up, along with a slight narrowong of my nostrils. It has only been about 13 days and I think the improvement, though quite slight.....My boyfriend actually asked me what I had done.(I didn't tell him beforehand, in case he tried to talk me out of it).....is really lovely. I am really pleased. I may at a later stage go back to have flllers put in to bring up the bridge a tad more but other than that I am over the moon. I truly wish I had done it years ago.

If anyone wants to ask me anything, feel free. Hey, I wish I could have had someone to talk to before I had the surgery. Just had to rely on info from the net and youtube videos.

26Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:01 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ahhh the calm after the storm . There will be a new drama for your family to dwell on. There always is. That is why I say that people shouln't worry too much on occasions like this because it is soon forgotten and becomes yesterday's news.

27Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:14 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I was wondering whether it was not that obvious anymore because just like you said the gossip has stopped but I really see a difference. I hate going on about it but it does look so much better and it is changing subtly every day. I have so much more confidence for such a small area fo my face. I am yesterday's news but I feel like a new part of my life is just beginning cheers

28Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Does it hurt now?

29Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:14 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
My nose is still tender but not so much that I can't apply make up. I sometimes get shooting pians in it but I think that is just the nerves reconnecting ???? It is quite hard to explain but my nose feels numb as well as tender. Like when you go to the dentist for an anaesthetic and it is starting to wear off. There is also an area where if I press on it, it hurts my teeth!!!! Weird huh!!! I didn' think that teeth could hurt. I don't mean like toothache but the actual tooth. In general though I am pain free.

I think I have been lucky in my experience. I came across a youtube video where this girl had really bloody eyes. I mean they looked like they were bleeding. Sorry to be graphic. Apparently it was from laying down flat on her back after surgery which is a big No NO.

30Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:44 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Teeth that hurt? trying to imagine what that feels like. How long before everything is back to normal?

31Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:36 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
angeleyes wrote:I was wondering whether it was not that obvious anymore because just like you said the gossip has stopped but I really see a difference. I hate going on about it but it does look so much better and it is changing subtly every day. I have so much more confidence for such a small area fo my face. I am yesterday's news but I feel like a new part of my life is just beginning cheers

You understand what I mean then that people adjust and accept the new you very quickly. Sometimes they may even need reminding of what was done.

32Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:41 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
And again congrats on the NEW YOU !!!!

33Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:46 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Thank you Goth. You are so right. The questioning stopped so quickly and there is some new gossip about my sister lol

34Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:51 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
rainbow wrote:Teeth that hurt? trying to imagine what that feels like. How long before everything is back to normal?

oh not for several months and even the final look of the nose may not be seen till after a year.

35Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Hi angeleyes thank you for sharing what happened. I have read your thread before and you have made me really want to go for a nose job. Don't worry I wanted one before. For the longest time I am always being asked what part of Africa I am from. It wouldn't be a problem but I am not from there. It is so annoying and people always think I am lying when I say I am from the carribean. Like why would I lie? Anyway I think it is my colouring and my nose which isn't big but it is a little broad. I am willing to take out a loan or something to get it done. I just wanna change it so bad. Give me some advice please Smile

36Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:05 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged

I will send you a pm Very Happy

37Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:17 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thank you Very Happy

38Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I still haven't been back to see the surgeon but am going to try next week or the week after. I have been so busy at work. I really want him to put my before and after photos together on his big screen so I can really see for myself the difference. Obviously I have photos from before but I still want to see the change and get his opinion on it too.

39Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:12 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Well I never did get round to going back to my surgeon. I will be trying again next month. I am looking into doing something else anyway. Hopefully a little less invasive but I want to discuss the possibilty of using fillers around my eyes to help alleviate some of the darkness as I have thin skin where the veins are very visible and I have read that although it will not make them perfect,g fillers may help a bit.OMG am I becoming a cosmetic surgery addict ???? lol

On another note I got it totally wrong about my Mum being totally over the whole surgery thing. My sister said that she has been have long conversations on the phone about WHY I did this to myself and she just does not understand. Thankfully my sister said that it was my decision and it was no big deal really but it made me feel a bit guilty for a while and then I remembered that I have to live my life the way I want to and I can't not do something in case it upsets someone. Jeez I never killed anyone after all. I just don't like that she is talking about me behind my back and being less than positive !!!!

40Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:44 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
hun none of us like it when Mom is having her little moans about what we are up to. I suppose it stems from always wanting to please and not to be a disappointment. There is only so much talking someone can have about something so she will get over it. At least you have sis on your side fighting your corner

41Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I hate when my Mum is having a moan about me too. They so know how to make you feel bad and it can be about the most unimportant thing in the world. Yogi is right that at least your sister is backing you up or it could be a whole lot worse if she was agreeing with her and fuelling the fire.

42Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:37 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Another question do you think the fillers realy work for the circles. I read about this a while back but not many surgeons do it in the UK. Something about it being dangerous around the eye area

43Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:34 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Well I have gotten over Mom's little attack lol. Maybe I was feeling extra sensitive beacuse I try so hard to not let things like that bother me usually.

@ kim The fillers are not expected to make things perfect but from my research they should improve the overall look. I have had these circles for the longest time and I just hate them and am willing to try anything. Normal eye creams dont work for me as the problem is more to having thin skin. I have tried collagen producing products but they made me break out around my eyes. It was clearly too much for this delicate area. You are right that not a lot of places will do it beacuse of the area you are working on and the risks involved but as long as you find an experienced surgeon hopefully it should be ok

44Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:09 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well tell us how it works out if you go ahead
Very Happy

45Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:34 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I have been so busy I have not managed to book to go back to see my doctor. If I do get the fillers done I want him to do it as I trust his judgement. I am not sure that he will be able to do what I am looking to do. I know that they tend not to work on the upper eye area but I would love if he could work on the corners of my eyes which can be particularly dark. From my research it is the lower eye area that tends to be worked on for fillers. Here is some examples

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

46Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Wow some really good results. It really makes them look so much less tired.

47Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Doesn't it just? I really need to make the time to go back and discuss this with my surgeon but he is not local to me so means taking time out to go and visit him and I have been so very busy

48Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:08 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
How are things going with your new nose?

49Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:04 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Oh absolutely fine thanks for asking. It has been a little over 3 months but it seems like longer. It is still a little tender and sometimes I get an incredible itch in the nostrils but other than that it is all good. Most of the time I actually forget I got it done

50Got myself a new nose !!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Got myself a new nose !!!!! Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Great to hear. Just wanted to make sure things were still ok

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com