The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
As the title states, I was wondering just like some of us may be accused of running away form who we are whether this individual gets questioned about her transformation. I am bit surpised that she hasn ot done something to make her body colour look more uniform to her face. It really does stick out. I would have thought it would have been fairly easy even with fake tanning products if necesasary.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
And this is how she used to look

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Never mind not wanting to be white, how about not wanting to be a woman? Have to say she looks like a man and those eyebrows scratch She can't honestly think she looks good. Her skin looks so hard and weathered. I have no idea how old she is but a bet she looks older than her age

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
TO the original question double standards probably means that it is not likely that she would be viewed as wanting to appear like a different race. I swear black people get it so hard on so many levels. Everything that you may want to do to "improve" yourself seems to have a negative connotation.

I have a friend who had a really hard time getting clothes to fit her as her hips and butt were not in proportion to the rest of her so she decided to get lipo done and straight away she was accused of wanting a "white" arse.

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
One of the reasons I haven't told anyone what I was doing. I don't need people's opinions about me running away from who I am, even though my new nose looks in no way caucasian, but I can still imagine that there will be someone with way too much to say.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
There always is. This is why I have found the whole lightening process a bit of a minefield as I cannot deal with confrontation. I just clam up and have no idea how to deal with the situation if somone wants to start asking questions. So far no one has recently but it did happen before.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I agree with Gothqueen that she probably would not be accused of wanting to be black. Just desiring a deep tan. Aside from the health implications and the fact that it ages the skin I very much doubt she gets slated for it. Shame people who lighten aren't given the same breaks.

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes dat's true. Actually I remember someone making a big deal that I looked lighter than my hands so I must be bleaching Shocked This person normally never gave me the time of day so I wondered why they were even that bothered.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I always wonder that too when random people think they can just make comments. Maybe my Mum brought me up better than some people so I know that questioning where it is none of my business is just a total no no for me.

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
You reminded me of an incident a few years back when this Guy came up to me out of no where and said " TOO MUCH MAKE UP ". I was so taken aback I didn't know what to say at the tme but now I think I would say, "why do you care?" " Surely it can't matter that much to you how I paint my face?"

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Still don't understand why some people feel that their negative opinions needs to be expressed to complete strangers.

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Like I always say there are a lot of unhappy people who like to share the unhappiness with the rest of the world with horrible comments. Whenever that happens I just think I am so happy that I am not like them and how sad their lives must really be.

rachel8881

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
obama gets accused of not being black enough

wandnancy91

Visitor
Visitor
Being black is not a question if she wanted it or not. The question is if she wanted to improve her self according to her own perceptions and I think that's what she did.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum