The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
MSM and vitamin C Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1MSM and vitamin C Empty MSM and vitamin C Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:35 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I don't know if anyone is using this supplement but I have been taking 14000 mg along with 3000mg of vitamin C and 600 mg of NAC. The MSM and vitamin C I break up in 2 sections. What I have noticed is that my lips defintely look paler and not so dark. I know it is not from anything topical as I am careful not to put any lighteners on my lips. This is really exciting and hopefully I will see some progress on my body.

I know that this is a lot to take but I have been increasing the amount gradually as taking a large amount straight off can give headaches and upset stomach. Also don't take too close to bedtime as it can cause insomnia. I also have noticed I have very vivid dreams as well but I can live with that lol Also I dont mean to be too graphic but it has made me very regular if you get what I am saying lol You have to be careful though because I read that it can increase the appetite which I do feel some days so there is the potential to put on weight

That all said I think the supplements are great to add to a lightening regimen

2MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Great to know about the weight gain. I could do with some extra pounds hehehehe. So is that amount safe to take regularly? Does sound like a lot. How much did you start off at?

3MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:42 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I think you need to find the right balance for you. Some poeple have absolutely no problems with it but others can be really affected. Like angeleyes mentioned start off slow, say 1 - 3000mg and take it from there.

4MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have been looking on line for a good source & will also be ordering some vitamin C

5MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
BTW what are you taking? Powder or capsules

6MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:04 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
The powder is supposed to be better and more purer but not everyone can tolerate the taste so some opt for the capsules as an alternative. These though tend to come with fillers. Whatever you do don't buy the tablets.

7MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I take the capsules because I know that tasting anything remotely horrible will just make me wannna gag !!!! I don't believe that the NAC comes in powder. Gosh if it does I put my hand up to anyone who can swallow that without a capsule because it smells like sulphur Shocked

8MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:28 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
looks like it's the capsules for me!!! I am as tough as the next guy but a total wimp when it comes to swallowing anything remotely funky lol May try breaking a capsule when I get it and seeing how bad it tastes lol!

9MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:42 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Makes sense to start with the capsules beacause if you couldn't take the powder taste that would be a lot of monety wasted. MSM is not cheap as I am sure you have discovered

10MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:56 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I need to update that I have noticed that I am sleeping really well these days. For a while I was tossing and turning and finding it hard to get to sleep.But now I am sleeping like a baby. I am guessing that my body has finally adjusted to the msm

11MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Does this actually work? I have read about this before but didn't believe it. I am willing to try it if it works

12MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:32 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well from my own experience I can't say it definitely works but I understand that it deos take a while for the effects to show. Aside from that I know that it contributes to your overall health and the quality of your hair and skin so I am willing to continue

13MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:01 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
well it seems to be working on my lips which look lighter to me and where I do not apply lighteners. I am keeping a close eye on my body to see if I see any difference but I would imagine that it will be a while yet.

14MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:18 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
where do you get your from?

15MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:21 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I don't know where you are but I used to get mine from Holland and Barrett but now get it from here where it is cheaper

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just don't get the tablets. It is either the capsules or powder that are best to go for

16MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:53 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh I am not in the UK. I will do some search on line then

17MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:43 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
MSM is easily available on line or if you have a health store near you then try in there. Look for something that does not have too many other ingredients with it that act as fillers. Better still if you don't mind funny tastes you can try the powder which has less other ingredients. I can't take funky tastes so have to make do with the next best thing which is the capsules. Stay away form the tablets.

18MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I found it in a local vitamin store. It was more expensive than I thought and that was not even the most expensive one but if it is going to help then I am willing to try anything. I got some vitamin c as well

19MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Best of luck with it. Start slow though to avoid adverse reactions. I have to say that I noticed that I have more soft downy hair on my sideburns. I am guessing that this may be due to the high amount of MSM that I am currently taking. At the moment it is not too much of an issue but if it gets any worse then I may have to think about cutting back some. I don't want to be looking like a man afterall. Shocked

20MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:11 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh no I don't want sideburns! How much should I take to stop that from happening?

21MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:45 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
ooh extra facial growth on females. Not a good look lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think you should be ok with 2000 to 3000. I think angeleyes is on something like over 10, 000

22MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:42 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
rainbow you make me laugh.

I want longer hair on my head but I think I will stick at the level I am at the moment in view of what has just been said. I haven't seen any extra growth on my body or face so no sense pushing my luck. Myabe that is why you have seen an improvemnet in your lashes as well angeleyes. I wonder what the optimum level is to improve head/lash hair growth and lightening without going too far overboard and getting unwanted hair.

23MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:06 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
lol rainbow.I haven't reached that level yet and I think by that stage I would know to definitely cut back!!!

yogi you may well be right that this is the reason for the extra lash length growth. I did think this myself before even though I am using the latisse. I am not sure how one would ascertain the optimum level because you would have to take into account your weight and work out what your body needs.

I have decided to reduce to 7000mg for the time being.

quiamontana, I agree with rainbow that 2- 3000mg is a good general level.

24MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:52 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Just an update that I am still on the reduced amount of MSM but I had stopped applying the latisse for a while and I have seen that my lashes are still long so I am thinking that the MSM has helped with the length. My lashes are still not thick. I guess I am not programmed to have thick lashes but they are definitely longer. My brows are thicker too. I really want to go back up to the higher dose but still concerned with the facial hair

25MSM and vitamin C Empty Re: MSM and vitamin C Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:29 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That is interesting. I hear so many people say that it has helped with their hair growth so may not be so surprising that your lashes are benefiting. How is your sideburns going? lol. sorry could not resist.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com