The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
What is up with people??? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is up with people??? Empty What is up with people??? Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:26 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I am sure this may have ben spoken about before but just want to get it off my chest.

So my Mum tells me that her grand uncle's son is coming over with his wife. Fine. When they come over my Mum goes to make them something to eat and this man starts saying "Oh I would never have recognised you if you had been walking on the street because you look fairer than I remember." Now I haven't seeen this man for maybe 6 years and that was for a short time at his Dad's funeral. I didn't recognise him either and certainly not his wife. I was just mortififed. I know part of it is the fact that I don't want anyone thinking I am lightening but I didn't understand what my colour had to do with anything. How about " how are you?" Maybe I am much lighter than I think but then this makes me worried that people may be asking questions

Got it off my chest now.

2What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:48 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
No point worrying about it. There is always some big mouth with a lot to say around the corner. I hope this is not going to put you off of lightening any further. You have to live your life the way you want to & not worry about what peopel are thinking. Man I am sure I am the local hot topic LOL. Who cares?? They don't pay my bills!! Probably wanna know my secret !!!LOL

3What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:58 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
rainbow is right and I think deep down you know that too otherwise I doubt you would have undegone surgery. Unfortunatley we may come across many people who disapprove of what we do but ultimately you have to decide what is right for you. If you decide that lightening is not for you then fair enough but it must be because that has been yout choice and not for fear of what other people might be thinking. JMHO

4What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:28 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
rainbow wrote:No point worrying about it. There is always some big mouth with a lot to say around the corner. I hope this is not going to put you off of lightening any further. You have to live your life the way you want to & not worry about what peopel are thinking. Man I am sure I am the local hot topic LOL. Who cares?? They don't pay my bills!! Probably wanna know my secret !!!LOL

rainbow you make me laugh

5What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
angeleyes I agree don't worry about it. You have had your surgerey and managed to get through the "family talk" and to me that would be more terrifying than wondering what some distant relative was thinking. He was probably admiring you. Some people don't know how to express themselves and it comes out wrong. I need to know what your routine is please !!!

6What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:17 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I have spoken about this before myself angeleyes where I have been worried about being confronted about what I am doing. I really understand why you felt the way you did. For me I just clam up. I need to work on this too because I don't really want to stop my regimen. Someone suggested to me that after a while people get used to your new lighter colour and since I have avoided lots of family photos for the last few years maybe it will work. The only problem is when I feel like I look so much lighter than the rest of my immediate family. It makes me feel like I stand out like a sore thumb so it must attract unwarranted questions.

7What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:31 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
guys thanks for your comments. I think my issue was more with the implication that I may be trying to change my ethnicity or something. It may be me just being a bit sensitive because of the nose job. I am not running away from my background. I just look better when I am lighter. I am glad that he did not say this with my Mum in the room for her to start thinking anything.

I will still continue my regimen. It was just a blip and I am glad I got it off my chest and you all have been very supportive so thanks

yogi I hve been alternating between several products. HQ with occasional use of retin a. Nadinola. Milk protein gel and vitamin C serum

kim I am also looking forward to people who know me just accepting my colour and not questioning it, once they get used to it. It was just a shock to get a commnent from someone who I hardly ever see. I got paranoid that if he noticed that people who see me all the time have noticed but haven't said anything

8What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:48 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thanks for that angeleyes. I am glad that you have decided to continue for YOU

9What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Yes I have worked hard to get where I am so makes no sense just giving in because I am worried about what other people think. I just get days when I question it, that's all. I suppose I worry sometimes about what people think about me and being talked about. Funny there are days when I don't give a dam as well.

10What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:24 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It is very hard not worrying about what other people think and there are few people who could really go about life knowing they were being put down and it NOT getting to them. It's what makes us all human. We all want to please to a degree. But at the same time we need to make sure that we ensure we are also pleasing ourselves. My Mum has been someone who has lived her life trying to please everyone by doing what she thought was expected and not wanting to put a foot wrong or say the wrong thing and has eneded up totally miserable. Seeing that has made me even more determined not to go that way too. It just leaves you with a life full of regret of what could have been.

11What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
This is why I said to myself, What the h*ll just continue. I don't want to be thinking later on why did I stop. It makes no sense conforming to what we think others think is ok and then end up not being happy within ourselves. I am only ging to be young once and I want it to be a fun time and not being miserable because I don't like the way I look

12What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:26 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
It happened again where someone said that I looked different and I dont think that it was my nose they were talking about. They said that I looked totally diffferent. I seriously don't think I have lightened that much but sometimes when I compare myself with my Mum I do look much lighter but I think that is more to do with her not being that careful in the sun rather than me being lighter. The difference between her exposed face and her chest back, waist and legs which are generally covered is very stark. It looks like her head has been put on a diiferent body. But it just goes to show that some times you can be oblivious to any lightening you have achieved until it is pointed out

13What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:42 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
lol yeah some times we can be the last to know. Sounds like you are doing a nice job any way

14What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:39 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I have been thinking about that. Seeing yourself every day it can be hard to se any changes. Maybe taking photos can only be the true way to monitor progress but even then it is possible to look shades different on the exact same day.

15What is up with people??? Empty Re: What is up with people??? Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:07 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I absolutely agree. Even when I got really light with makari I had no idea and only when I saw some photos did I realise how much I had lightened. Make up if you wear it can be a good indicator. Sometimes I find the colour of my concealer looks a bit dark and needs to be lighter.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com