The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Mixing lighteners with lotions. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Mixing lighteners with lotions. Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
I need to know--which kind of regular lotion can I mix with my skin lighteners? I'm only using the lightener on my butt, as that's the only dark part of my body.

I would like to try my Razac lotion...would it be ok to mix that with skin lightening creams/gels?

I was told that baby oil may not allow the lightening creams to be absorbed properly. Any other lotions you guys recommend?

Last edited by cynbenet on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I have never tried Razac lotion, but the lotion you had chosen should be fine. Only neg. I see is tha it contains mineral oil, but so does Nadinola and I'm fine with using it right now. The ones that I like are Aveeno, Eucerin, Nivea, Neutrogena, Olay, ...there are others as well.

lol..the bio claire experience, I was fortunate not to get stretchmakrs from it, but it burned my arms and legs and thinned my skin. I couldn't visually see the burns on my legs, but my upper arms burned to a bright vibrant red, and then a few days afterwards they turned almost pitch black, and I bruised easily. I had used all of the bc products including the soap. I had tried contacting the company that sold bio claire a few times to ask what was their special natural
"vegetal activator", but they ignored all of my messages. Posted here below, and there are some other posts. I'll be posting my review of them and will welcome everyone else who have used bc to aslo post:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://theskinphilosophy.forumotion.net

3Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 am

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
So I can mix my lightening creams with Aveeno, Eucerin, Nivea, Neutrogena or Olay without causing the lighteners to become ineffective??

Last edited by cynbenet on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:54 am

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
What lightener are you trying to mix?

5Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
MAHARANI wrote:What lightener are you trying to mix?

I'm using Neoprosone (Arbutin), Nadinola (HQ) and Neoprosone (HQ).

6Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:48 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
It depends on the ingredents in the products used that'll help determine how well it may be absorbed or not. Or if mixing can cause risk for certain ingredients to become inefective. For example:

Effectiveness:
Natural vitamins are beneficial to the skin. Yet, vitamin C as a topical application (such as in lotions, cremes, gels, etc) risks degradation from air exposure...especialy when being mixed. Vitamin E and C, is also beneficial, yet can hardly be used in their natural form (topically), since air exposure immediately and dramatically weakens the vitamins' potency.

Combination of Ingredients:
Some products use an AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) as the active ingredient, while others use Retinol. Both have anti-aging effects. However, the reason these two ingrediets are not used in the same products together is that together they become innefective. Likewise, vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid) and glycolic acid also cancel out each other's functions and benefits when used together. Most people don't have this kind of prior knowledge (including myself), and may wind up wasting money and time with innefective combinations. Other combinations can also lead to bad reactions in the skin.

Mineral Oil:
A main ingredient in baby oil, it's popularly used because it is cheap and doesn't spoil. it's a byproduct of distallation of gasoline from crude oil, in otherwords it's leftover liquid. It's difficult to absorb and clogs the pores and it sits on the surface of the skin in a thin layer. Once it's absorbed through the skin, it is broken down by the liver and passes through the intestinal tract. And then will absorb all of the fat soluable vitamins (such as A, D, E & K) from the body.

Not saying that products will become completely inefective. But, it's potential in comparison with non-mineral oil based products may may differ and good to keep this in mind. I'm using Nadinola now, 3rd day I think, and I looked on the label and one of it's main ingredients is mineral oil. But, many people say they receive good lightening from it so it's worth a shot...it still makes me wonder how much more potent it could be if the mineral oil was replaced with hemp oil or almond oil? Although I prefer to avoid products that contain mineral oil, if a product has good reviews I may be willing to give it a shot if it'll help me to reach my goal.

There are so many ingredients, and which igredient makes the other less effective I still have a longs ways to learn as I'm sure there are many. And when mixing, you'll have to take into consideration of air and light exposure when mixing, can decrease certain ingredient's effectiveness. Such as for products that contain Hq, vitamin C (ascorbic acid), retinol, etc. The skin products mixed together can become more potent or less effective, it is based on trial an error and you'll never really know how well it may or may not work until you have tried it.

7Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:43 am

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
so when u use HQ and retin A, do u mix them with any lotion?

8Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:59 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
I don't, I just use from the tube. In the evening I apply the retin-a first and then the hq. In the morning I apply the hq only, then sunblock.

Some people buy the hq and retin-a already pre-mixed though.

9Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
Golden Girl wrote:I don't, I just use from the tube. In the evening I apply the retin-a first and then the hq. In the morning I apply the hq only, then sunblock.

Some people buy the hq and retin-a already pre-mixed though.

ok and where can i buy the hq from again

10Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
All Day Chemist [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-

prices are nice, but the shipping & handling is not, $25. Since it's flat rate fee I usually buy several to help offset the s&h price. Also theres Super Skin Store who charges $15 and $3 s&h [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hq works best if you use an exfoliator as well.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:09 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
cynbenet, from what I have read, people have specifically chosen not to use any other creams in conjuction with any HQ, precisely to avoid hindering their results. The addition of any other type of moisturiser is normally only used when they feel the skin is particularly dry and then it is only used maybe after an hour or so of the application of HQ, so as not to affect the effectiveness of it.

By the way, have to say I love Razac. It's like applyng a bit of perfume in a cream.

12Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:12 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
Forgot to ask if there is a reason why you wanted to use extra cream.. Are you finding that your skin is dry or are you trying to extend the products you are using.

13Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
MAHARANI wrote:Forgot to ask if there is a reason why you wanted to use extra cream.. Are you finding that your skin is dry or are you trying to extend the products you are using.

Both reasons...dryness and extension.

What about mixing skin lighteners together. Like Nadinola and Neoprosone?

14Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:36 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
for dryness, I wait about a half hour and then apply a basic moisturizing lotion to the skin.

15Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:31 pm

MAHARANI

MAHARANI
Privileged
cynbenet, I don't like the idea of mixing lighteners together. You may stop the products from actually working properly as each of their ingredients may make the other less effective, just by putting them together. In my opinion, if you want to use more than one lightener, use them at different times. Say one in the morning and one at night OR alternate days.

16Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
yes, I would like to know as well?

17Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Shanice

Visitor
Visitor
Should I apply sunscreen immediately after the cream or wait a few hours?

18Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
cynbenet wrote:Should I apply sunscreen immediately after the cream or wait a few hours?

I usually apply about 15-20 minutes before going outdoors in the day time, so if I'm not going out then I dont apply the sunscreen/block. Although some prefer also using it indoors as well. After applying the lightening product, I usually wait about 10-15min before applying the sunblock because I want to avoid having a chalky looking face from it not absorbing fully.

19Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Kandiluv

Kandiluv
Accepted
Accepted
yes I agree, I think it's best to always apply sunscreen soon before you go outside. but maybe wait a few minutes after applying any skin product.

20Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 am

Bj

Bj
Accepted
Accepted
is it ok to mix retin-a in with the lightening lotion or cream?

21Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 am

Golden Girl

Golden Girl
Administrator
Privileged
Yes, some people add it to their lotions and cremes. You mainly have to be cautious on having it exposed to too much air and light so that it will still remain as effective. Also, you have to take a look at how much retin-a you are adding to your skin proucts so that you'll know the proper percentage.

22Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Wed May 05, 2010 4:53 am

skin lighten beauty

Accepted
Accepted
hi Shanice I was thinking if you mix f&w whitenizer in some lotion this might be a good mix. but amounts needed to know so it's still strong enough to work. This is my thought on it, right now I'm just using f&w whitenizer from the tube but might try mixing it next time to help lighten my body too but won't get stretch marks.

23Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Wed May 05, 2010 6:37 am

sara

sara
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I know some mix retin a with thier lightening cream but it is better to apply retin a at least half an hour before, I leave it for one hour. It makes retin a perpare the skin for the application.
Bj wrote:is it ok to mix retin-a in with the lightening lotion or cream?

24Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 am

Glenda05

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
There are several varieties of Aveeno skin care products. There are moisturizers and moisturizing intensive days to remove dry skin. Daily Moisturizers can be used on a daily basis which is usually in the form of oils, lotions, body wash and hand wash, etc. There are some skin care products are also very good relief for the treatment of certain skin diseases . They are also useful for intense hydration.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

25Mixing lighteners with lotions. Empty Re: Mixing lighteners with lotions. Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:08 am

intilight

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
It can be difficult to find a face lotion to reduce and lighten age spots and that really works and gets results. Age spots are telltale signs of skin aging. These blemishes are caused mainly by frequent exposure to sunlight as your skin becomes weaker and older. These are the results when UV rays cause melanin concentrates to form on your skin, causing discolored blotches to appear. Mostly the spots appear on areas that are usually exposed to the sun such as the hands, the arms, and also the face.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com