The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Obagi clear Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Obagi clear Empty Obagi clear Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:39 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Some of you may know that I am currently using ambi(hq2%) daily, with retin A maybe once or twice a week and azelaic acid daily. I am really ahppy with how my dark marks have faded and I would say that I have lightened a bit as well. Please don't ask me how much as I have no idea.

I have decided I want to up the routine a bit and have been researching obagi and have decided to purchase some to try out. Hopefully it should be with me next week!!!! Now because I am in the UK I had to have an online consultation followed by a phone call by one of the Obagi reprsentatives. I told her that I wanted to try the Clear (4% hq)one as opposed to the Blender because I really find retin A to be a bit of a pain when it comes to the peeling. Maybe when I have lightened a bit more I will be able to go make up free and can happily use retin a nightly!!! Anyway I asked her how long products like this with hq should be used and she siad she has been using her's for 4 and 1/2 years but is now on a maintenance programme where she only uses it 3 times a week. Now it is good for me to hear that they see no reason why hq cannot be used long term especially with so much conflicting info on the net.

She said the results are not instant but many clients get really great results using it but if there is not much change that I could try out the blender later on.I am really excited and hope to see how it works out. I know members like Enticing have seen great results with plain old ADC HQ 4% and retin a but I do believe that this is because he has been really consistent with the retin A

BTW if you do not know already this stuff does not come cheap so I am hoping it does work well for me

2Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:35 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Some before and after pics. It is not necessarily the products that I will be using but it gives you an idea of what can be achieved on the regime.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am super excited for you kim. I know what it is like when you are about to try a new product. I have seen the Obagi line before but was never sure whether to try it out so keep us updated.

4Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Best of luck. Always good to find out if there is another product out there that gives results. Shame about the price of it though. I know it isn't cheap. What did you tell them you were using it for?

5Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I look forward to hearing your review of this product. I read on a review site that a lot of people felt that it did not work until they introduced retin A with it. However the company do not suggest this for this product but for the blender. Do you think you could give the retin A another go.I would hate for you to feel that you had wasted your money

6Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:12 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well I received it the next day and it was FEE shipping. Now I have not tried all day chemist hq but I have heard that it has a bad smell, well this has no taint and in fact smells like nothing. It sinks in well and does not leave any residue. It is a 57g tube and it feels like it will run out really quickly which is not great for around £75!!

I told the therapist that I had melasma in order to fulfil the prescription and according to the intsructions that came from the company you are supposed to use this night and day for 18 weeks and then go onto maintenance after that using it only 3 times a week.

what I have noted so far. I am only using it on my face and using the ambi and retin a on my neck and decollatege. It is far too expensive for me to use it on these areas too. The tube mentionedd that there is an ingredient sodium metabisulfite which can cause an allergic reaction in some such as hives, itching, wheezing, severe asthma attacks etc. Now I have not had any of these reactions but I have seen that my skin has slight small pimples on the cheek area.I am hoping that this is just my skin adjusting to the product and that I will be ok after a while. It does not look obvious but only when I am looking closely. Other than that it is all good.. I have decided to re introduce the retin a for 3 of the nights and see what happens. I did read about other people stating that it only works with ra so let's hope it helps. I am very hopeful and looking forward to seeing the results. The before and afters gives me a lot of hope. I wish it wasnt so darn expensive though

7Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Just been reseearching what the sodium metabisulfite is and apparently it is used as a disinfectant and a preservative but it can cause dermatitis which is maybe what I am seeing. I will ahve to see how this goes. I don't understand why they have to put in such irritant products. Surely there must be other substances that could do the same but with less irritation. Well I am no chemist so I dont know.

8Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:59 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
scroll down for some more before and after

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:23 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Woahh !!! £75 for a 57g. It makes sense why so many have decided to opt for the cheaper all day chemist version. Maybe your results will outshine it. Impressive before and after pics. maybe in several weeks you will see a difference considering they suggested 18 weeks as a bench mark

10Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:44 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
oh no I just realised that you could get at least 15 tubes of hq and ra for the same price. I seriously hope this works as well as they claim

11Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:27 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:Just been reseearching what the sodium metabisulfite is and apparently it is used as a disinfectant and a preservative but it can cause dermatitis which is maybe what I am seeing. I will ahve to see how this goes. I don't understand why they have to put in such irritant products. Surely there must be other substances that could do the same but with less irritation. Well I am no chemist so I dont know.

I dont get why either. The price would warrant that they should keep any irritating ingredients to a minimum but there must be some reason for it. It has been around for some time and has a lot of positive reviews. Most mainly have an issue with the price. I noted that it has lactic acid in and was wondering if this could also be a reason for the irritation you are seeing. Has it got any better? Best of luck with it though

12Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
What about ringing one of the consultants to see what their opinion is on this. Sometimes it can be a case that a product is just not for you and your skin may be sensitive to a particular ingredient. It could also be that you need a period of adjustment and your skin will settle down in time. It could also be that you may be using too much product and this could be the cause. But like I said best bet to speak to someone if it is still concerning you

13Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:27 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I did ring them and the nurse said that it is very unusual to have such a reaction with this product and she would have expected the blender to give me more of reaction like this. She suggested that I reduce the frequency and use it only once a day and see if that helps. She also suggested that I try the exfoderm as well which is a skin exfoliator but I said that as the obagi line is expensive that I will see how I get on with the clear before introoducing anything else.

Funnily enough my skin seems to have got clearer and there are fewer of the rash type spots. So I guess that my skin was going through a period of adjustment.I really hope that my skin can tolerate this product because I am sure my skin looks more even already

14Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:49 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Just to update that the irritation has competely cleared thank goodness. I would hate it if I had to stop using it after spending so much money on it

15Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:34 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Good to hear. I hear more and more positive things about this line so hopefully it will work out for you.

16Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Do you think this will be good to try then? I know it is expensive but I really want this lightening to get going

17Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well I have only been trying it for a short period so cannot say how good it may turn out. I have read lots of positive reviews about it so I am hoping I will have the same experience. I must say that I think there has been some lightening but I am not going to get too excited yet. I Will keep up the reviews

18Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:39 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh ok I look forward to hearing them

19Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I just wanted to give an idea of how long this product lasts. NOw I have been using it for about 3 weeks. One thing I do not like about this product is that it comes in a hard tube. One, this makes it difficult to squeeze the product out and two, it is very difficult to work out how much product is left so you know when to order a replacement. When I use my ambi or retin a, it is very clear what is left. Now it feels like I may only have about a weeks worth left of the product and bearing in mind that I am purely using this on my face, means that I will be paying £75 a month on this regime. It makes me realise what people were saying when they mentioned that it is a very expensive regime to maintain. Never mind that I am only using the one product where some are using a whole kit !!! I will let you know definitely how long it lasts me but just in cae I have also placed an order. I don't really want to be having a break because I have run out. At this price it had better work !!!

20Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:21 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Wow that is some serious cash for a months worth. I think I would find it difficult to maintain that if it is just being used on the face. Sounds like it is similar to fair and flawless' level.

21Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:37 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:I just wanted to give an idea of how long this product lasts. NOw I have been using it for about 3 weeks. One thing I do not like about this product is that it comes in a hard tube. One, this makes it difficult to squeeze the product out and two, it is very difficult to work out how much product is left so you know when to order a replacement. When I use my ambi or retin a, it is very clear what is left. Now it feels like I may only have about a weeks worth left of the product and bearing in mind that I am purely using this on my face, means that I will be paying £75 a month on this regime. It makes me realise what people were saying when they mentioned that it is a very expensive regime to maintain. Never mind that I am only using the one product where some are using a whole kit !!! I will let you know definitely how long it lasts me but just in cae I have also placed an order. I don't really want to be having a break because I have run out. At this price it had better work !!!

If it works I would still pay that price. I have ben doing some serious saving lately helped along with the fact that I have been avoiding going out with friends because it is seriously hot at the moment. So I am spending a lot less money. So there is one good thing about misssing out

22Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:50 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well I will let you know if I think it is worth trying. I am on just over week 3 of the regimen. I must say my skin is looking really uniform. I am looking forward to how it continues. I agree that it will be worth it for me if it does work. I am not happy about the price but I will live with it

23Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:07 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Not quite to the month but I have had to resort to cutting the very hard tube open to get the last of the Obagi out. Nothing would come out whilst squeezing the tube and I know from other similar type conatiners that there had to be some left. I have put the cut container inside a plastic bag and then placed it in a dark drawer to prevent oxidisation.Not sure about how much is left as I did not completely cut it open in order to protect the contents. They really need to rethink their packaging beacuse otherwise it becoames a waste of the contents if you don't do what I did and that is a hella of a lot of money being thrown away

24Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:24 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Smart move. I am sure there have been many who have thrown away the tube before it was really finished

25Obagi clear Empty Re: Obagi clear Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:03 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Kim so do you still have any left? I am also trying to see how long this product would last. I really want to see if it would give me any lightening

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com