The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 retin anad hq what to do on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

I have received my hq and retin A from all day and want to know how much do you guys use of the retin A. I have been reading that you should not overdo it but I have not got a clue as to the correct amount and there are no instructions. I also still have some nadinola left over from the last time I tried it and want to know is it worth using this with the retin A before opening a new packet of the hq from all day. Thank you

26 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Retin A and ambi are what rectified terrible marks left from Makari. I do not know what I woudl have done if I had not found this solution as the marks were so bad. I cannot remember how long it took to start seeing anything but it was a gradual process. I don't find it always easy though as the peeling can reek havoc when I want to apply my make up but I still think it is a great product so use it occasionally now. If I was make up free it would definitely be most nights. Let us know how you get on.

27 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Thu May 05, 2011 11:05 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
At the moment my skin feels dry from the retin a and I see a very little bit of peeling. I have only had a few more pimples and I hope this will be the last of it

28 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri May 06, 2011 10:19 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
quiamontana i hereby declare you my skin buddy. my skin is going through the exact same thing. my skin is definitely more drier and i too have also noticed some peeling but not very noticeable. i have also gotten pimples on my forehead and even eye brow! and just like kim i cannot do away with my beloved makeup. Not that i like makeup but i surely cannot do without it. I cant wait for that day when i can sleek my hair back into a ponytail without any makeup and still have that natural glow. I have noticed also that my skin has become sore. Yesterday when i was chopping some chillies and it ended up on my face, it hurt so badly i had to put cold yoghurt all over my face just to soothe it. despite all this i think i should increase my application to every second night, Quiamontana how often do u use it?

29 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat May 07, 2011 9:24 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Retin A makes you break out where you may have never had a break out before in your life so no surprises that you saw some pimple in your brows. It is basiccally getting all the gunk and debris out of your pores & bringing them to the surface. I think that if your skin is feeling sore cut back rather than increase the frequency until it all settles otherwise you may end up over exfoliating & irritating your skin & then maybe getting darker because of it

30 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat May 07, 2011 9:51 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Totally agreee that if your skin feels sore then stop using it till your skin is feeling ok. It is very very easy to overdo it and then cause problems for yourself

31 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat May 07, 2011 5:12 pm

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Desireee try putting something like aloe vera or healing ointment, diaper cream, olive oil or even vaseline on the sore areas next time. Hopefully there will not be a next time but putting yoghurt on it, even though it may be soothing as it cools the skin may induce very mild exfoliation which is not really what you want when your skin may already be over exfoliated

32 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sun May 08, 2011 12:33 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
wow thanx ladies i would have made a gravely mistake. ok so i am going to completely cut back until my skin feels normal again. And yogi next time no yoghurt and i guess facial scrubs are a big no no too. i dont think my skin has ever looked more hideous i thought maybe increasing the dosage would speed up this caterpillar stage but i guess i would have done more harm than good. thanx!

33 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sun May 08, 2011 7:50 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes definitely cut bck. It is really important to listen to your skin and if anything feels tender or sore it is your skin's way of telling you that you are doing too much. Avoid any scrubs as again it can easily remove skin that is not ready to come off. You can try applying an oil like almond oil and very gently ease off any skin that loooks like it is about to flake off otherwise just leave well alone and let your skin shed by itself if you can. Eventully the flaking will ease as your skin adjust to the retin A. Unfortunately you are going through what is called the "ugly" phase. Hopefuly, for not too long though.

34 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Desiree how are you doing now?I had to cut back myself because was getting sore areas around my nose and lips again. My forehead and cheeks seem ok with it though

35 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Thu May 19, 2011 11:02 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Retin A can be a bummer for making your skin sore. Hope you are healing well

36 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri May 20, 2011 5:47 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
yes am doing well now thanx for asking. OK so i have to confess that i didn't cut back completely but i did miss a dose after the whole sore skin saga then i resumed to my every third night usage. so in real sense i missed 5 nights before i resumed back to the regular usage and within that time my skin healed pretty fast. my skin became less and less sore and also the pimples that i had recently acquired i guess from the retin A dried up. also i noticed after resuming my skin no longer reacts to the RA. Well it still gets dry but nothing a good moisturizer cant fix. i think it is safe to up my dosage to every 2nd night now. i am yet to notice any benefits though. quiamontana why are u using RA on ur lips? isnt it meant to treat acne?

37 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri May 20, 2011 1:42 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
in time you will notice your skin become more refined as any pores become less visible and your skin becomes more even. It is not an overnight procedure but the effects are worth waiting for. You know your skin better than anyone so when it gets too much you will realise when you need to stop for a break

38 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat May 21, 2011 12:09 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
KIM wrote:Retin A and ambi are what rectified terrible marks left from Makari. I do not know what I woudl have done if I had not found this solution as the marks were so bad. I cannot remember how long it took to start seeing anything but it was a gradual process. I don't find it always easy though as the peeling can reek havoc when I want to apply my make up but I still think it is a great product so use it occasionally now. If I was make up free it would definitely be most nights. Let us know how you get on.
Kim i would like to try ambi cream as well. how effective is it and does it have any pros and cons. it seems an easier option to HQ coz its not as strong right?

39 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Desiree wrote:yes am doing well now thanx for asking. OK so i have to confess that i didn't cut back completely but i did miss a dose after the whole sore skin saga then i resumed to my every third night usage. so in real sense i missed 5 nights before i resumed back to the regular usage and within that time my skin healed pretty fast. my skin became less and less sore and also the pimples that i had recently acquired i guess from the retin A dried up. also i noticed after resuming my skin no longer reacts to the RA. Well it still gets dry but nothing a good moisturizer cant fix. i think it is safe to up my dosage to every 2nd night now. i am yet to notice any benefits though. quiamontana why are u using RA on ur lips? isnt it meant to treat acne?

sorry I did not explain myslf well maybe. I meant the area around my lips at the corner of my mouth. No I have not tried it on my lips

40 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sun May 22, 2011 8:53 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Desiree wrote:
KIM wrote:Retin A and ambi are what rectified terrible marks left from Makari. I do not know what I woudl have done if I had not found this solution as the marks were so bad. I cannot remember how long it took to start seeing anything but it was a gradual process. I don't find it always easy though as the peeling can reek havoc when I want to apply my make up but I still think it is a great product so use it occasionally now. If I was make up free it would definitely be most nights. Let us know how you get on.
Kim i would like to try ambi cream as well. how effective is it and does it have any pros and cons. it seems an easier option to HQ coz its not as strong right?

I don't think it lightened me massively so I am not sure how good it would be for general lightening but I had some awful spot marks left from when I was using makari and ambi along with retin A cleared them up completely. Check out youtube cos there are loads of people with positive reviews about it. I did not have any negative reponses to using it myself but I guess we are all different so cannot say that it will be the same for everyone. I don't think I have heard anyone say anything really bad about it though

41 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri May 27, 2011 12:43 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
thanx Kim. I think i`ll have a try at it to remove the dark spots left from the HQ but lemme first get the hang of using retin a b4 i dive into another product. i actually took another 1 week break coz the sides of my nose was starting to hurt, same situation quiamontana had. but everything is going ok i guess, no adverse effects. i`ll resume next week. hope everyone is doing well.

42 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat May 28, 2011 12:00 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Desiree what hq product gave you spots?

43 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sun May 29, 2011 11:05 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Desiree wrote:thanx Kim. I think i`ll have a try at it to remove the dark spots left from the HQ but lemme first get the hang of using retin a b4 i dive into another product. i actually took another 1 week break coz the sides of my nose was starting to hurt, same situation quiamontana had. but everything is going ok i guess, no adverse effects. i`ll resume next week. hope everyone is doing well.

I hope your skin recovers soon. These are the pitfalls with certain skin lightening regimes where the skin becomes more vulnerable. I would also like to know which product did not agree with you

44 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:15 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
it was called miss Caroline and it had two different cream application and they all had sun screen protection but they didn't say of how much.And it was 2% HQ which i applied twice daily in the morning and at night and i never left the house during that period (i was on school holiday)because there was a warning about staying out of the sun.two weeks later i started seeing massive improvements. i was glowing i was fairer the marks were starting to fade and my face was so smooth. Even when i was putting on makeup i realized that I didn't have to put as much as i usually did, a little went a long way. And for the first time i felt confident enough to wear my hair up. Everybody was telling me how different i looked but they assumed it was a new hairstyle i think my mother was the only person who asked me what i was doing to my face and soon she started on the creams herself and she never regretted. a month later i was about three shades lighter than i normally am but i noticed that my forehead and neck took forever to lighten while my cheeks lightened pretty quickly so i was back to having an uneven complexion but it was definitely better than the way it was at least i was still glowing and i had no pimples for ages and the compliments were still flowing. however my cheeks began to look extremely light and unnatural and i was scared that people would start to suspect that am bleaching so i cut back on the usage to about once daily every couple of days but i guess i was too late. i started developing microscopic blisters.Infact i didn't think they were blisters i thought i scratched myself or sth. but the pain got worse and when i looked closely i saw identical blisters on both sides of the cheek and they were painful so i spent a whole day with ice on my face. then i had to use aloe vera for a week until they were healed but unfortunately those small blisters left some big identical black round scars on both cheeks. i looked burnt. i was mortified so i stopped using the creams and continued with the aloe vera. as soon as i stopped using the creams my complexion got darker and i quickly went back to square one but this time with new visible scars. i thought the lightening would be somewhat permanent but it isn't. i had to put more makeup than i even did before and my face still wouldn't look nice. but its been almost a year and the scars are less visible and my face now is pretty much the same as it was before i started on the HQ. i miss the glow still and the compliments and the pullbacks!

45 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:50 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh sorry to hear that. I have heard of that cream but never tred it myself. It may have been too strong for the cheek area. That is why it is so important to keep an eye on how your skin is reacting to whatever you are using. I have been seeing this myself lately. There is also the possiblity that there may be extra ingredients in there that you were not aware of. A lot of companies like to do that especially when a product can give quick results but sometimes it leaves damage like what you saw. Hopefully when you go back to using hq you will find one suitable to your skin. Retin A is also a great help. I can only use it every so often as opposed to regularly because I cannot tolerate the exceesive peeling but it does help the hq penetrate better.

46 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:12 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Desiree what hq product will you be using in the future?

47 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:56 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
My skin is really getting used to the ra. There is far less peeling than when I first used it, which is fine by me. I still get some skin coming off but not as much as before.

48 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:33 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That's great. Some people worry that the retin A is not working once the peeling subsides but you are still reaping the benefits so just keep it up.

49 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:58 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana you are lucky because it took me ages before the peeling stage really settled down

50 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That is nice to know that something is on my side. lol I thoguht my skin would be peeling for ages because I thought it had become quite thickened but maybe I was wrong

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum