The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

1 retin anad hq what to do on Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:03 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

I have received my hq and retin A from all day and want to know how much do you guys use of the retin A. I have been reading that you should not overdo it but I have not got a clue as to the correct amount and there are no instructions. I also still have some nadinola left over from the last time I tried it and want to know is it worth using this with the retin A before opening a new packet of the hq from all day. Thank you

51 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
@angeleyes am not sure if i`ll be using HQ in the near future.
@Quiamontana am happy that u r settling down with the retin A. As for me the retin A is really messing up my face i have started to get staff on my face: patches of dryness all over, not very much peeling, marks all over, my pimples have refused to go eh! numerous problems. But am still going on with it but am not sure for how long i`ll be able to handle this.
@kim i looked for the ambi cream and guess what i was told that it is banned! so disappointed. isn't there any lightening cream that is mild enough to be used on the most sensitive of skins?

52 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:08 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Desiree sorry you are having prolems with the ra. Everyone seems to react differently. I did not have to manny breakouts and the peeling did not last me long. Are you putting anything on the dry patches. This may help with the dryness. It is good that you are trying to stick with it because your skin should really show the benefits later. I have not tried ambi but are you not able to order from overseas and have it delivered if you cannot get it in your country

53 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:07 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Desiree I am pretty sure that ambi has 2% hq in it.

54 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:33 am

glowinggoddess33

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
two questions.. is retin a given by presciption only? and can u use it on those hard to lighten areas like knees an elbows?

55 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:44 am

glowinggoddess33

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
i am excited at the idea of starting a new regimine. where can i find retin a?

56 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
glowinggoddess yes you can use ra all over. You need to be careful on any areas that may be a bit more sensitive. You can get RA form all day chemist or reliable RX. The shipping is high but many of us buy in bulk to compensate for that. What will you be using the ra with? Hydroquinone?

57 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:11 pm

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I would opt for relaible RX as the shipping is lower at $19 and you don't hear so many stories about people having problems with their cards after using it on the ADC website. Also you tend not to get all the spam emails as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

start off at 0.025% or 0.05%. The gel works best for me as opposed to the cream version

58 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:07 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
hello fair ladies! its been awhile since i was here. first of all i wanna apologize for giving wrong u wrong information ambi cream is very LEGAL it only has 2% hq as kim said. It was my dear concerned mother who has been feeding me lies trying to scare me out of my skin lightening crave tsk! so now am not allowed to purchase any skin lighteners and unlucky for me i depend on her whimsy weekly allowance so that pretty much puts me in a dark place like literally my skin has refused to respond to retin A and its still as patchy and i think even my overall complexion has darkened (after the peeling i didnt notice any expected benefits at all nth just increased sensitivity and i still got pimples, hope quiamontana is doing better than i am) anyway, i then remembered that i still have a whole tube of unopened miss caroline 4% hq cream laying around in my room am considering to try again but am still scared coz of my past experiences. Do u think its wise for me to use it again but this time i start slow and monitor skin changes? or should i just persevere and save and buy ambi cream instead?

59 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:29 am

lila

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi there! There are many ways to get a fairer skin. You don't actually have to use creams or any other chemicals. Be reminded that natural products always work best on our skin. Try these first before you look for any product. Also, hydroquinone is dangerous to the skin. You might want to opt for skin lightening creams that do not contain hq but are as effective as the ones which contain hq. Some brands you can check out are Olay, Garnier, NeuCell, Clinique, etc. Just be careful about the ingredients. I'm not saying that all of these are safe. Just be wise. But I suggest that you go for natural first. Hope this helps.

http://www.maxalife.com/skin-care

60 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:35 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Desiree wrote:hello fair ladies! its been awhile since i was here. first of all i wanna apologize for giving wrong u wrong information ambi cream is very LEGAL it only has 2% hq as kim said. It was my dear concerned mother who has been feeding me lies trying to scare me out of my skin lightening crave tsk! so now am not allowed to purchase any skin lighteners and unlucky for me i depend on her whimsy weekly allowance so that pretty much puts me in a dark place like literally my skin has refused to respond to retin A and its still as patchy and i think even my overall complexion has darkened (after the peeling i didnt notice any expected benefits at all nth just increased sensitivity and i still got pimples, hope quiamontana is doing better than i am) anyway, i then remembered that i still have a whole tube of unopened miss caroline 4% hq cream laying around in my room am considering to try again but am still scared coz of my past experiences. Do u think its wise for me to use it again but this time i start slow and monitor skin changes? or should i just persevere and save and buy ambi cream instead?

It is nice that your Mom is concerned & does not want you to damage your skin but it can be fustrating if you are trying to achieve something. May I ask how old you are?

61 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Sorry Desiree I do not know this Miss Caoline product. TBH retin A can take a while to show he benefits for some people and you may need to give it more time. I understad that purging and more breakouts can be common. I was lucky that I did not have too many problems but hopefully you will start to see some good results soon. It is what helped my nadinola to work better as well.

62 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:35 am

Desiree

Visitor
Visitor
Am 21. Am a big girl but i live with my mother and my skin is so messed up and she thinks its coz of all the chemicals and make up that i use. i got some serious hyperpigmentation issues. And it doesnt help that i live in the hottest continent i need to find ways to reverse all those years of accumulated sundamage. quiamontana i tossed my retin A it did nothing for me and it made my skin worse and i used it for close to 3 months maybe its coz i used it alone i didnt accomapny it with anything else. maybe i'll try it another day. Lola what are some other natural safe and EFFECTIVE products that i can use.

63 retina for body on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:54 pm

confee

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
am really new to this so please bear with me.
i wanted to ask i have been using skin success gel plus, it has lighthen my skin and dnt get any spots or redness but at the moment am using one called QEI PARIS i get rashes on my face but my body is ok.
since readings all the posts about retin a am thinking about trying it out as i want something that lasts longer and i feel that i have to be dependent on the ss gell.
i wanted to know that can retin be used all over the body as when i searched it came in a tube . i really want to try it out but is how to get a prescription for it and what else to use it with.

64 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:09 am

jennyatson

Visitor
Visitor
Just a note about the steroid creams. Obviously, over-use is not good and you shouldn't use them for prolonged periods, but I hope no one who has been prescribed these products for skin complaints such as eczema will panic when they read the warning. Sometimes a steroid can be one of the few things to get such conditions back under control. However, if you can find a milder solution, so much the better.

65 Re: retin anad hq what to do on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 am

sush

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi all,

I finally joined the forum after ages of lurking. I am on the retin a and hydroquinone regimen as well. I have trying ti lighten since 2009 now. Been on mono but quit before too much damage.... about RA and HQ: I cannot find any sort of peeling or purging with my skin but I've only been on the regimen for about a month. I am using retin a 0.05% but icannot see anything at all. No lightening no purging. I think I ve got a turtle skin. Nothing penetrates deep enough. I am nearly desperate now. It feels like i am wasting my time.

Any thoughts anyone? Your inpit wil lbe much appreciated:)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forum create on Forumotion | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum