The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

1 GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:30 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

I am serious about working on my body now and have been trying to get hold of some glytone. It is very very expensive in the UK and even on ebay the prices are high. I found this website where the prices are relatively ok and the shipping was good too. So for anyone interested here goes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Wed May 25, 2011 7:17 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
yogi wrote:
quiamontana wrote:I have had to do that with my nadinola and adc hydroquinone because I don't want my Mom questioning me. I doubt she would know what retin a is for but the nadinola definitley says lightening if I remember rightly so would be a dead giveaway. I don't want her worrying that I am wanting to change myself, Mind you most of the problem is from all this sun and not having proper protection so I guess I am just bringing my tone back up

What you going to tell your Mum when you start lightening up?

Lol I would be too happy to care !! Seriously though I hope the process will be a slow one so will not be a sudden change that brings on questions from everyone. I am glad now that I tended to shy away from having my photo taken because then there would be evidence of what I am up to and people to say, how come you look lighter than your cousin etc You were dark in that picture. I know in my heart I will be terrified of a bad response but secretly over the moon that it is working. I would love if it were easier to do without getting a backlash or worrying about what someone is going to say

27 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Wed May 25, 2011 11:56 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Believe me when I say you need to be ready for the questioning. I met up with a grand Uncle who had not seen me since I was a toddler who was questioning me as to why I seemed so much lighter than he remembered and trust me there are no photos that he would have that would have triggered that response. Some people categorise others and he certainly thought that I did not fit into the category now that he remembered. I was horrified but managed to brush it off with the help of his wife, who I think was mortified at the line of questioning especially as they do not know me very well at all.

Who knows what people who see me all the time think??? I am grateful that so far no one has actually said anything to my face. I have had few "you look different" comments but nothing that directs straight to lightening. No doubt it is all being said behind my back lol

28 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat May 28, 2011 8:18 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Psssst..........how comes dat angel girl is looking so light.......Bet she a bleach !!!!!!!LOL

29 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat May 28, 2011 8:23 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Don't you just love family. They can't help having something to say

30 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat May 28, 2011 11:40 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
rainbow wrote:Psssst..........how comes dat angel girl is looking so light.......Bet she a bleach !!!!!!!LOL

lol No doubt something along those lines is being said. If a man who barely knows me has something to say then others who see me all the time must have noticed too. It does make you paranoid when people look at you longer than you would like, as though they are trying to work out what is different

31 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sun May 29, 2011 11:55 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh so I am not the only one who is paranoid when someone is staring hard at you. I keep thinking the game is up!

32 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Tue May 31, 2011 4:24 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
I know they also sell the glytone on amazon, im not certain of the shipping requirements....

33 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Tue May 31, 2011 4:42 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
I just checked and the site that you mentioned is definately still cheaper after shipping and all...sorry...

34 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:15 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I used to think that Amazon was generally cheaper but I seem to find it far more expensive

35 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:44 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
angeleyes wrote:Believe me when I say you need to be ready for the questioning. I met up with a grand Uncle who had not seen me since I was a toddler who was questioning me as to why I seemed so much lighter than he remembered and trust me there are no photos that he would have that would have triggered that response. Some people categorise others and he certainly thought that I did not fit into the category now that he remembered. I was horrified but managed to brush it off with the help of his wife, who I think was mortified at the line of questioning especially as they do not know me very well at all.

Who knows what people who see me all the time think??? I am grateful that so far no one has actually said anything to my face. I have had few "you look different" comments but nothing that directs straight to lightening. No doubt it is all being said behind my back lol

You know I think it is easier when people see you all the time as they adjust to your new look as you go along, whereas someone who only occasionalyy sees you is faced with what looks like a dramatic difference. Pictures can be a dead giveaway too. I wish I had thought of that quiamontana. They say the camera never lies so how does one explain that one away ? lol

36 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:48 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
@ blackgirl, I did a really comprehensive search and that was the cheapest place I could find but I am glad you decided to double check. Prices can always come down or be lower else where. I will still be on the look out for cheaper places because that along with obagi and dcl is make me flat broke

37 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote: You know I think it is easier when people see you all the time as they adjust to your new look as you go along, whereas someone who only occasionalyy sees you is faced with what looks like a dramatic difference. Pictures can be a dead giveaway too. I wish I had thought of that quiamontana. They say the camera never lies so how does one explain that one away ? lol

You could say that you have adopted a new skin CARE regime where you are taking more of an interest in how you look after your skin and how it is protected, by avoiding the sun and using good suncare. Mention that you felt you had a degree of sun damage and you are exfoliating this to reveal healthier fresher looking skin. I am always telling my Mum that I notice that some men have terribly young looking legs compared to their faces and that is down to the fact that they barely expose their legs to the sun. I know it gets my Mum thinking.

38 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:07 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
There are pics floating around where I was totally oblivious to sun protection & avoidance so was looking way darker. Wish I could find some way of burning the evidence. LOL

39 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:16 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Unfortunately with memory cards, sticks, photo storage sites etc, it may be harder than you think. I think quiamontana was the smart one here when avoiding being in the pic in the first place lol

40 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:28 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:
KIM wrote: You know I think it is easier when people see you all the time as they adjust to your new look as you go along, whereas someone who only occasionalyy sees you is faced with what looks like a dramatic difference. Pictures can be a dead giveaway too. I wish I had thought of that quiamontana. They say the camera never lies so how does one explain that one away ? lol

You could say that you have adopted a new skin CARE regime where you are taking more of an interest in how you look after your skin and how it is protected, by avoiding the sun and using good suncare. Mention that you felt you had a degree of sun damage and you are exfoliating this to reveal healthier fresher looking skin. I am always telling my Mum that I notice that some men have terribly young looking legs compared to their faces and that is down to the fact that they barely expose their legs to the sun. I know it gets my Mum thinking.

Maybe it could work but my Mum is a suspicious sort of person so may not totally go for it. I am being more vigilant in the sun than I used to be so maybe she will understand that I will not be tanning as I used to. I just dont think she will buy it if I suddenly got way lighter. Mind you like I said I have gotten lighter and she has not said anything to me. It could be because I see her every day and it has been a gradual process as opposed to overnight

41 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Absolutely. I agree to your post above that it tends to sneak up on you when you see the person every day. The testing pot would be to meet someone who has not seen you in a while and see whether they notice. It is difficult to lighten in the summer months without people getting suspicious anyway, as the norm would be to darken not lighten

42 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:50 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
It does make me wonder whether people would think it odd that I am getting lighter in the summer months. I know some people leave their lightening to the winter months so it idoes not look too obvious, but as I have found something that seems to work for me, I would hate to be waiting another 5 months or so before I could really get into it. The one good thing is that I don't go out that often in the day time so is another good excuse for why I am not getting darker like some are doing

43 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:04 pm

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
OMG I would not be able to wait till the winter. It would drive me crazy !! Yes I don't want people specualting on what I am up to but I want to get this all done and dusted and not wait for almost another year to see anything.

44 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:56 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I could care less who wants to speculate whether I am lightening or not. Life is way too short to wait till the winter. I want to sart enjoying great looking skin now

45 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
You are right. It's just that I am surrounded by opinionated people some times and skin lightening can be a very taboo thing to do but like you say, you have one life and you should live it the way you want to. I just need to stop worrying about it

46 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:32 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
It is hard not to worry but keep in mind that people's lives are gnerally so full these days that your little skin lightening may not be focus of their every thought, is how you have to look at it. As far as I am concerned unless they are jealous of you or don't like you, then they will not be going on and on about it. And if that is the case then they definitely do not need you to be worrying about what they are thinking

47 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:50 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ohh man if I had to worry about all the people who are busy talking about me I would not have any time to do anything else and my hair would be very very grey LOL

48 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:46 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:You are right. It's just that I am surrounded by opinionated people some times and skin lightening can be a very taboo thing to do but like you say, you have one life and you should live it the way you want to. I just need to stop worrying about it

I am exactly like you but it is worse because everyone wants to get out in this darn hot sun so it woudl be totally abnormal for someone to be getting lighter when it is hot all year round. I can say that I have not been out as much but there is only so much you can blame on avoiding the sun without peope getting suspicious. We need to hang out with rainbow and stop getting our grey hairs about it Very Happy lol!

49 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:25 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I am with rainbow here. I spent years hating my nose and now I wish I had had the guts to do it ages ago instead of worrying what every one else would think. You only have one life, so make the most of it.

50 Re: GLYTONE FOR UK Buyers on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Ok guys no more grey hairs worrying about nothing lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum