The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
dcl products Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
dcl products Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
dcl products Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
dcl products Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
dcl products Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
dcl products Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
dcl products Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
dcl products Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
dcl products Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
dcl products Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1dcl products Empty dcl products Sat May 07, 2011 10:21 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Now before anyone says anything, I know I have been on a major spending marathon but I had to add another line to my ever expanding routine.

I have purchased 3 products from the above line and am hoping to share what I think. I had to purchase them from different sites as I tried to get the best possible price, so at the moment I only have one of them. I bought:

DCL AHA revitalising lotion

DCL skin brightening complexion treatment

and DCL AHA lightening gel (2% HQ)

At the moment I have the AHA revitalising lotion, which like the glytone really seems to make my face supple. The Obagi which I am loving does not make my skin particularly dry but my face seems to feel like it could do with added moisturising. So what I have been doing is applying the AHA about half an hour after the Obagi. Now this has only been for about 3 days and hopefully I am not negating the hq by applying something after but we will see. If necessary I may have to apply much later but this can be a bit difficult as I need to apply my make up,

Here is product info for those interested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sat May 07, 2011 4:57 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I brought this product up in another thread because it seems to be quite popular at the moment though I have not tried it myself. I would love to hear what you think and whether it compliments your hq regimen. I am willing to try just about anything right now to give my routine a boost

3dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sun May 08, 2011 8:20 am

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Didn't realise they had a hq product. Let us know what you think of it. Where are you planning using it, if you are already using Obagi?

4dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Mon May 09, 2011 7:10 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well I must say I was wondering whether my skin would be irritated by such a strong glycolic acid as it does say that it is the strongest and should only be used once your skin has become accustomed to the lower strengths. I have beeen using it morning and night and so far no problems but I do not want to push my luck so did not apply this morning. It really makes my skin soft so I have missed putting it on today.

My neostrata 2% has nearly finished so I plan to use the dcl hq on my neck and see how I get on.

5dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Wed May 11, 2011 1:48 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Noticed some very slight peeling on my chin today from the dcl. Thankfully it did not intefere with my make up but this product clearly works very fast as I had only been applying it 3 nights before taking a beak

6dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Fri May 13, 2011 1:46 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Sounds very promising as it looks like it not only exfoliates but conditions too.

7dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Mon May 16, 2011 1:07 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Yes it does make my skin soft, much like the glytone. I was just a bit concerned about peeling skin so have not used it for a few days. The other dcl products I ordered have arrived but I have not started using them as I still have some neostrata left. It did take an incredible 3 weeks to arrive in the UK so if I re-order I will have to make sure this is done well in advance. The good thing about that site was that they gladly marked the products as gifts so no extra costs when it arrived in the UK

8dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Tue May 17, 2011 11:01 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
so you using this instead of retin a? Is this better then?

9dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Thu May 19, 2011 11:12 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I don't know if I would say better. I just found retin A
quite drying where as this seems to make my skin feel more conditioned because of how they have formulated it

10dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sat May 21, 2011 11:16 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh ok I was just wondering if I needed to switch but if you think they are both effective then I can continue with what I already have. Mind you I have ben getting some tender areas using retin a but that is probably because I may have overdone it and used it too often. I think I need to keep remembering to be patient

11dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sun May 22, 2011 9:04 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
If you are happy with how retin A is working then I would say stick with it but just don't abuse it by using it too frequently or using too much. Retin A from ADC is much cheaper than dcl though I did find a cheap source. I just found retin A incredibly drying and did not fancy layering yet another products to comabt it. You can over do it with dcl product just as much as you can retin A so the choice is up to you and your budget. For me if I still had a massive stash of retin a, I would finish that first before starting anything new AND if my memory serves me well I think you don't really wear make up so dabbing on a bit of moisturiser whenever you get dry areas should not be as much of an issue as it for me.

12dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Wed May 25, 2011 7:31 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thank you. It would mean not spending more money. I think retin a is ok as long as I use it only a few times a week. My skin does look better and is not so sore now

13dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sun May 29, 2011 12:11 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
No problem. Unless it is causing you serious problems and it sounds like you now understand how best to make it work for you, then the retin A sounds best.

14dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
I did read some reviews on amazon for people using the glytone (glycolic 17%) and they said that it makes your skin feel baby soft!!! And on a another site, the individual using it applied the glytone first and then a Hq agent....I have this product on my list of things to purchase, so keep us updated on how things are going! Good luck!!

15dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:17 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Even my boyfriend commented that my skin feels immensley smooth. It is a great product and I only wish it were cheaper. Even though I say it myself I think it was a smart move of me not to use it everywhere otherwise it would have finished by now I am sure.

16dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:16 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Go to the top of the class Kim lol. I must remember to come to you with my skin care queries next time !!!

17dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:08 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
lol. Did I sound like a "know it all"...oops sorry. I was just pleased that I kinda thought ahead. Believe me I have loads and loads to learn. But actuallly I was right that the glytone would be finished in no time. I have more or less finished the bottle already. I ordered more a couple of days ago but have to wait for it to come from the US. Hopefully it will be soon as I know I will miss the feel of the glytone

18dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:42 pm

Omega

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Hi please help me decide if I should order this new product from DCL called Skin Brightening Complexion Treatment, 1 oz. Hydroquinone-Free or not as I've previously tried Meladerm from Civant Skin Care and it proved to be utterly useless instead it made my skin look lot more darker and excessively oil on forehead and nose Sad So sad I wasted about 110$ on Meladerm used it for almost 3 months day/night been on good diet as well but this product totally disappointed me now I have previously used DCL product for acne cure and it really worked well I regret not ordering this (Skin Brightening Complexion Treatment) instead of Meladerm but anyways please guide me I'm in my early 20's & also tell me will it work on male skin too with the similar condition (I.e oily dark skin). Well I sometimes feel like giving up but then I wonder I wasn't this dark before I mean wth has happened I need to fix this problem asap as I'll be getting married this year please help sista. Btw I'll be ordering it through skinstore.com . Cheers

19dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:32 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Hi Omega,

welcome to the board. Very Happy First of all let me say, Meladerm really does nothing for anyone. I am sorry that you wasted your money on it. It has never lived up to the hype it made about being so good.

What is your starting colour and what are you trying to achieve?

I purchased both of the lightening dcl products, though I have not used the brightening one as of yet and have only just started uing the hq version, so cannot say defnitively that it will work. What I do know about the dcl line is that it is extremely good on the skin. I have been using the dcl AHA and my skin looks fabulous with it. Hopefully this will be a good indication for how the other products may work. I have not purchased from skin store but will check out their prices. Please let us know how it works if you decide to go for it. Best of luck with the upcoming wedding by the way.

Oh and lastly please make sure you have purchased a good sunblock before using these type of products as they render your skin more vulnerable to the sun and may induce further pigmentation if you do not protect yourslf properly. Ones with high zinc content are best. You should also try and avoid sun exposure as much as you can as well. I know this can be hard but it is the best way to yield good results.
Some good sunblocks with zinc are Burnout, Devita osmosis, Soleo and check out this link

20dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:54 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
omega I checked out the store you mentioned but it is $10 more expensive. I cannot remember what the shipping charge for me was so it may work out even cheaper. Only drawback for me was Greatskin took forever to dispatch the goods to me. I am sure it was nearly a month or something, so I guess if you are in a hurry to look good for that wedding then Skin store may be a better bet.

Here is where I got mine

and this is where I am guessing you will be getting yours from

21dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Omega

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
@KIM you are such a darling you know that? Very Happy

Thankyou for giving me hope and guiding me towards the right product. I was so much worried about if product as good as meladerm didn't work on my skin what else is going to work on it i am what i have become not what i was before Sad well glad meladerm is proved fake and its not the fault of my skin but you know it made it quite oily and shiny :S i really hate about it its basically brownish but my body is quite white i don't know i feel so awful when i look my self in the mirror white arms normal shade of neck and brown face i am so uneven lol :/ weird complexion in a way my nose shines lot and it has oil all the times on it i regret not opting the dcl products they worked very well for me on the acne well can you tell me what should i buy other than whitening product of dcl? i don't wanna miss anything and yes i want the radiance of my face back :'( I used to have very warm red color on my cheeks and not to mention a very very very small nose i don't know wtf is wrong with me overall everything is exploding my nose feels like if there's something beneath it is it the muscle growing? errr i'm too much forget it please dear KIM guide me since you know lot about all these things and oh i been to dermatologist who was representing dcl products over here he said me once i should first do the acne program and then do anything do you think since my acne is over should i opt for any of their products and start using? as i know my skin type its oily on forehead and nose and rest is quite normal i mean no problem at all its just its not looking fair its kinda yellowish :S which irritates me but at times when i wash my face in nights sometimes it looks so bright i can't even believe on my own eyes but it jyst happens once in a bluemoon lol anyway pardon mistakes my grammer is poor which is obvious as me an asian girl Razz will wait for your reply thankyou once again and i wanna hug you for telling me that meladerm is sh*t :/ it gave relieve a burden from my head i thought to myself okay nothing gonna work if this didn't work but i am glad it proved wrong. Very Happy no worries about $ nothing is worth the beauty and ourself ... what say you? money comes and goes the only thing is we should take care of our self because sometimes we tend to get busy in life we forget how do we look what should we do we pay no attention towards things that are getting damaged because of our negligence anyways and btw do i still need sunblock if i don't really go out side in sun at all? i mean i rarely go out in the sun even if i do i am in the car or i go out in evening last time i went out in sun was 2 weeks ago Very Happy lol ... takecare write back soon Very Happy

22dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have read the bad reviews about meladerm too. I though it would be the answer for me too but saw all the bad customer feedback.
I am no expert as I am only recently seriously starting my journey but it looks like you have sun damage like me but mine is more overall as I live in a hot climate where most people do not cover up, so you stand out if you try to. Even in the car you are not safe from the sun unless you have blacked out windows. The sun is more intense in the car window too I think. I have been using burnout sun cream which I think has helped but I try and avoid the sun like you and mainly go out late or very very early morning. I am using retin a and hydroquinone but some people do not like hq so maybe the dcl will be good

23dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:10 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I agree that as you say your body is white that you have sun damage and you must must must get a good sunblock as mentioend above and avoid the sun like your life depends on it. Even sitting at windows is a problem so if unavoidable you still need to be wearing sunblock indoors. I hear good things about the dcl line but think that the brightening product may give quite slow results.

24dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:36 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Omega are you trying to go the more natural route & avoid hydroquinone products?

25dcl products Empty Re: dcl products Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:43 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Omega you most definitely need sunblock as you have demonstrated by your post that your skin will tan when exposed to sunlight. Unless you are living with no outdoor light then every precaution must be taken. Most good lightners have ingredients that make the skin more prone to tanning, if no sun protection and avoidance is undertaken. And yes I believe as mentioned above that car windows require wearing protection

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com