The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1 Latisha lip lightening on Sat May 21, 2011 7:33 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

Well almost a month later and this latisha stuff has arrived. Now I am disappointed to the packaging. I know that you cannot always say fanncy packaging equals a product that is going to work but the price would surely warrant something a bit better than a plastic tube, which was open when I got it by the way. Will try and upload some pics so you can see what I mean.

Directions are that it should be used at night & then removed in the morning. It is also to be refrigerated which mean another product that I will have to disguise in case someone spots it. Hopefully it will work & I can recommend it to Vybz LOL

26 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:48 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
woohoo !!!! Finally!!!lol. Glad you are seeing a change !!

27 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:32 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Forgot to ask if you saw any peeling

28 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 am

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
If this product works, im definatley adding this to my list of future purchases!!!

29 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:14 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
rainbow wrote:So me thinks I am seeing a touch of progress. My lips definitely look less dark. I was going to try & take a pic to see if you could see the difference but camera is broke. I am just glad that I did not waste my money because it looks like it is doing the job but really really slowly lol
I remember you saying that retin A 0.1% had little effect on your feet and wonder whether your skin takes a lot in order to exfoliiate. You may need to incorporate an additional exfoliant if you want speed things up, but glad to hear things are now progressing

30 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:Forgot to ask if you saw any peeling

No peeling for me

31 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:00 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
blackgirl wrote:If this product works, im definatley adding this to my list of future purchases!!!

Looks like it is working but it has been a slow process

32 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:04 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
GOTHQUEEN wrote:
rainbow wrote:So me thinks I am seeing a touch of progress. My lips definitely look less dark. I was going to try & take a pic to see if you could see the difference but camera is broke. I am just glad that I did not waste my money because it looks like it is doing the job but really really slowly lol
I remember you saying that retin A 0.1% had little effect on your feet and wonder whether your skin takes a lot in order to exfoliiate. You may need to incorporate an additional exfoliant if you want speed things up, but glad to hear things are now progressing

You may be right about this. I may try it with some extra retin a added. It already has tretinoin in it so it shouldn't do any harm to try

33 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:39 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
ooh rainbow I am happy for you Very Happy

34 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:56 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Looks like vybz could be onto a winner then? lol

35 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:36 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh yes I forgot that rainbow was looking for a solution for vybz lol. I shouln't really laugh because since I have lightened I have noticed my lips look a bit darker. Nothing major but if it continues I may have to try this myself. I don't like the idea of putting hq on my lips which I know some do.

36 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:43 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I can't wait till I have to say that I need to buy some of this stuff. It will be "Woohoo"

37 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:59 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
@Rainbow.....does it list how much hq is in the product? And do you have to try hard to remember not to lick your lips after you apply it?!

38 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
come on guys !!! Have some respect now, vybz could be reading my review as we speak LOL

blackgirl there is no hq in this product. I think it is a alpha arbutin, vitamin C tretinoin & some others, from memory I did put up a photo with the ingredients on it a while back. It dries quite quickly on the lips & does feel a bit tight on but that subsides. You put it on at night so no licking of lips for me. I have not started adding in the retin a as yet. Keep forgetting to be honest

39 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:56 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
so I have checked & it has been two months since I started. Whilst my lips do look a little less dark they are definitley not how I expected them to look by now. I also noticed that some days the results look like they have disappeared & my lips look dark again. The only bonus is that I still have lots of the cream left so I will keep it up for now. But quite disappointing really Sad

40 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:23 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thanks for the honest feedback rainbow

41 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:34 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh that's disappointing rainbow. The website makes out that it is a given that it will work for all. Two months should be enough time to get some goood change in colour really. You are right to continue as there is no point letting the rest go to waste and just in case you have very stubborn pigment then you may need some extra time anyway.

42 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:58 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh no I had high hopes for latisha

43 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:10 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well as all of the photo testimonials have been from Asian people and even some of them said it took a few months to see results, then I wonder how good this product is for darker skin tones. Interesting that even the pic of the lips of a darker complected individual the lips were not even and that is one of the things they specify this product can work on, getting the lips to be the same colour and not a darker top lip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:28 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I was reading that someone else said it just stoppped working and the results just went back to square one.

45 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:03 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well that is going to be on my NOT TO BUY list. The price for a little bottle is excessive to see it just stop working whilst you are still using it Shocked

46 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well still nothing to shout about. This has been a big disappointment. Maybe it is just not meant for black skin like mentioned above. I have my eye on something else but it is only a daily temporary fix but it looks more promising. Only thing is wondering if it would look like I am wearing something on my lips which is NOT what I want.

47 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:41 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ok rainbow you will have to let me know what it is and how it works if you do get it. I don't mind if it does look like I am wearing something, though not if it looks too much like lipstick as I don't really wear make up.

48 Re: Latisha lip lightening on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:21 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Yes will let you know.I have seen quite a few but I don't think they will all be appropriate for me

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Make a forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum