The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Obagi irritation Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Obagi irritation Empty Obagi irritation Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:53 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
In case anyone does not know I have been using Obagi clear for about 10 weeks now or so. It has given me some lightening and I am really pleased with the resulst so far.

Now in the beginning I mentioned that I had some irritation across my nose and cheeks. I put this down to the sodium metabisulfite(sp?) which can cause irritaion for some. Now this did eventaully settle and completely disappear. However I noticed a few weeks ago that I was getting samll pimples on my eye lids. Now I have thin skin and I was wondering if the obagi was too strong here but would settle as before . I continued but no change. I then saw a couple of pimples on one of my cheeks, like irritation, as opposed to spots.

So this is what I have had to do. Fortunately I purchased some nadinola extra strength a few weeks back so I have been using it on these areas as I really did not want to totally stop this routine of hq application for now. On the cheek I have also applied a very very thin layer of hydrocortisone cream, as it was itching a little and I did not want to accidently scratch it and cause scarring. I would definitely NOT apply this to my eyelid. Besides there was no itching here anyway

So far the pimples on my eye lid are gradually reducing along with the area on my cheek.. I will continue and let you know how it all pans out but so far so good. This is just for anyone who has slightly sensitive skin like mine.

2Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh I forgot to say that the hydrocortisone should only be used for a maximum of a few days because it is a steroid and should not be used for prolonged periods otherwise you risk causing damage to your skin.

3Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:36 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am sorry to hear that you have had this problem. Hope it gets better soon . I need to ask a couple of questions.

If you are happy with obagi why did you buy the nadinola?
Why do you apply a steroid for the pimples. Never heard of that before. As you know, I am against steroids due to my fair and flawless incident.

It has only been a few days for me but so far absolutley no irritation so maybe this is a good sign because if I remember correctly you saw your irritation fairly quickly after you first started using it

4Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:56 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
To your first question, I bought the nadinola as something to make the obagi go further . The idea was a bit like you where when I am closer to my desired tone that I would start using the obagi less and using the nadinola on those days. Obviously this was a means to save money as the Obagi is very expensive to maintain. For some reason the last Obagi tube seemed to last me less than the first. I found the nadinola cheap on ebay and managed to get 3 jars. Oh and it is the EXTRA strength version with 3% hq.

Now as far as the hydrocortisone goes, I am using it for irritaton and not spots. It is hard to explain sometimes when you are not in front of someone but it is a bit like a rash of pimples but not spots like acne. I hope you understand. Now because it was itchy on my cheeks I understand that a very very thin layer can help with this and also help restore the skin. It should not be used for a long time. A few days at most. It will not be like f & f where you do not even realise you are using it every day and for long periods. I must stress no one should use the hydrocortisone on the eye area EVER.

Its good that you have not had any problems so should be a good sign I just have slightly sensitive skin so thought I would share in case anyone else has the same issue. So far the irritation on my eyelids is going down and the cheek area is less itchy and is also going down, though much slower than the eye area.

5Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:54 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That is disappointing so I hope your plan works. I must say I think I like nadinola more this time since adding the retin a. My skin looks brighter and I don't look as dark as I always feel. Hope it helps you. It would safe a lot of money. I got mine real cheap

6Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Happy healing. Sometimes we get these pitfalls so I am glad that you have tried to work out a solution and share it Smile

7Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ah falling back on good ol' Nadinola. It should help. It has never irritated me when I have used it.

8Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:58 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Ahh thank you guys for your support.

Yes I am glad I had some nadinola to fall back on and it does seem to be helping. I noted that it also has the sodium metabisulfite in it which I thought was causing me the irritaiton in the obagi but maybe it is a smaller quantity.

Well so far, the irritation on my eyelids is definitely going down, though is not compeletely gone. My cheek area problem has also nearly faded. Just to let you know that I did not want to coninue using the hydrocortiosne after I had been using it for several days so started applying zinc cream on the area at night to soothe it and stop the itchiness and it was fab as well. So that is another suggestion for anyone

9Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
So now your using a lower percentage on your eye and cheek area, have you observed any darkening?

10Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:56 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
update I don't know if I am seeing any lightening and realise it has been a short time anyway but someone mentioned to me that my skin looked so clear. It made my day !!

11Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:34 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh that is soooo good to hear!! I know you weren't happy with the melalite so I am glad that your skin seems better to others. Remember some times we don't even see the lightening ourselves till someone points it out or you see yourself next to someone else.

12Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
rainbow wrote:So now your using a lower percentage on your eye and cheek area, have you observed any darkening?

I was wondering if that would happen but so far no real difference.I have naturally darker eyes anyway but there is definitely no significant difference than before I stoppped using the obagi on this area.so that is really great.

13Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:41 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Forgot to say that the irritation on my cheek has totally gone and on my eyes is almost all gone. When I re-introduce applying obagi on these areas again I will have to keep a careful eye on it. For now though I will continue on the nadinola/obagi routine

14Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:09 pm

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Sounds as though you could almost get away with using more of the nadinola and saving yourself some money. I must admit my skin seems to love obagi but this is gonna break the bank for me if I have to keep using it. I am trying to make it last as long as I can by using the melalite from time to time but I can definitely feel the difference when I use the other. I am happy that you have gotten over it all mostly Very Happy

15Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:52 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:
rainbow wrote:So now your using a lower percentage on your eye and cheek area, have you observed any darkening?

I was wondering if that would happen but so far no real difference.I have naturally darker eyes anyway but there is definitely no significant difference than before I stoppped using the obagi on this area.so that is really great.

Maybe yogi is right and you could use nadinola more if it is not affecting your lightening. Save you some bucks at least. I have never tried it which I cannot believe in view of my long list of previous products. Could be my next purchase lol

16Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I think you may both be onto something, though I agreee with yogi that I like the way obagi makes my skin feel. And it could be a psychological thing where that little extra 1% makes me want to continue. Yes it means that I am using less of the obagi as I avoid it around my eyes and on that cheek area and so far there does not seem to be any marked skin colour difference. I will see how I adapt the routine anyway.

17Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:26 pm

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have come across many people who have started using other hq lighteners once they achieve their goals. with obagi As it has a fairly long shelf life maybe you could use the nadinola or something similar, alongside the obagi without loosing the effect

18Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:51 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I dont know if I am speakimg too soon but I may just stick with the nadinola for now. I can't believe that all I needed to do was add in the retin a to make it work for me. I did not see any difference when I used it the last time but I can see some lightening this time. It is gradual which is fine because I dont want anything to be too quick. I want family and friends to get used to it without wondering what is she doing to her skin. A good friend did say my skin looks good but did not mention lightening.

19Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:52 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
You are making me want to get this too. I am also getting good steady results with obagi but I hate the price. Nadinola is most certainly more affordable. I believe that I can get it on ebay at a good price from the States

20Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:47 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
quiamontana YAY !!! Glad you are seeing lightening. Retin A really helps. I keep thinking where I would be if I was using it more consistently. The peeling just does my head in and does not seem to subside however long I have been using it. If I had the time to not have to go out for a month then I would love to see how it would boost things. Nadinola has been great to me too and has meant I have saved myself buying more Obagi so quickly.

yogi I got my nadinola from a company in the states. It worked out much cheaper than all of the ebay listings I was checking out at the time, once I factored in the shipping costs. I will pm you the company details if you are still interested in trying out nadinola

21Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:14 am

yogi

yogi
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Cheers Kim I got your PM. It is much appreciated Very Happy

22Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:20 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thank you all for your encouraging responses. I did think at one stage that nothing would work for me and even though it is not a major major difference I am lighter and it has not been that long since I started properly with a routine

23Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:17 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
Im so happy for you Quiamontana!!!! cheers

24Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:23 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana anyone noticed or said anything then?

25Obagi irritation Empty Re: Obagi irritation Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:02 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well I mentioned that someone said I looked different and that my skin looked good but they did not say I looked lighter. But I can see a subtle difference.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com