The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1 Obagi irritation on Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:53 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
First topic message reminder :

In case anyone does not know I have been using Obagi clear for about 10 weeks now or so. It has given me some lightening and I am really pleased with the resulst so far.

Now in the beginning I mentioned that I had some irritation across my nose and cheeks. I put this down to the sodium metabisulfite(sp?) which can cause irritaion for some. Now this did eventaully settle and completely disappear. However I noticed a few weeks ago that I was getting samll pimples on my eye lids. Now I have thin skin and I was wondering if the obagi was too strong here but would settle as before . I continued but no change. I then saw a couple of pimples on one of my cheeks, like irritation, as opposed to spots.

So this is what I have had to do. Fortunately I purchased some nadinola extra strength a few weeks back so I have been using it on these areas as I really did not want to totally stop this routine of hq application for now. On the cheek I have also applied a very very thin layer of hydrocortisone cream, as it was itching a little and I did not want to accidently scratch it and cause scarring. I would definitely NOT apply this to my eyelid. Besides there was no itching here anyway

So far the pimples on my eye lid are gradually reducing along with the area on my cheek.. I will continue and let you know how it all pans out but so far so good. This is just for anyone who has slightly sensitive skin like mine.

26 Re: Obagi irritation on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:49 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Well that is the starting point and often people are not so forward as to suggest lightening anyway.

27 Re: Obagi irritation on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:59 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Kim has the irritation gone completely now?

28 Re: Obagi irritation on Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:49 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Oh sorry I did forget to say that the irritation is completely gone thankfully. Stopping using the obagi on these sensitive areas has helped along with the zinc and cortisone

29 Re: Obagi irritation on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:19 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh so happy for you. We can't have anything spoiling your progress

30 Re: Obagi irritation on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:50 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Thanks. Yes I hated the irritation especially around my eyes. My make up just looked awful with it. I may have been a bit hard on myself because like I said no one mentioned they noticed so maybe it was not that obvious but it was awful when you know that is not how your skin normally looks.

31 Re: Obagi irritation on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:45 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Well I know from experience that we can be our worst critics so no surprises it was more of an issue for you than anyone else. But I know what you mean because I am a bit of a perfectionist.

32 Re: Obagi irritation on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:59 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Yes I am sure there is probably a bit of dysmorphia in me but then society does not make it easy when it bombards you with flawless images everywhere you look.

33 Re: Obagi irritation on Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:00 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
So to update you in what am doing now, I have stopped using the Nadinola. This is beacuse I am uncomfortable wearing a chemical sunscreen. I know it is not a large amount but I wish they never included it in there. So I am back to using the Obagi on the eye and cheek area in top of where I was already using it on the face. BUT now I am only using it once a day as opposed to twice a day. REASON: the weather has been very sunny lately and I don't want to risk making my skin more vulnerable in the sun.

I have been using the Milk protein gel in the day and I must say I think I know what angeleyes was talking about when she said there is an instant brightening the next day. I do hope the ingredients are all ok because I really like it and I feel more comfortable not wearing hq in the day. So far I have not seen any more irritation using the Obagi everywhere and maybe because I am only using it once a day I sould be ok

34 Re: Obagi irritation on Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Glad to hear that you are happy with your change in routine. I agree that it is not the greatest thing to be applying a chemical sunscreen even if it it is a small amount. I know that Nadinola is extremely good value in comparison to some HQ products out there but if you continue to see no further irritaion then all good.

35 Re: Obagi irritation on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:24 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Yes touch wood there have not been any of those irritating spots and hopefully it will stay that way. I serioulsy think that using the HQ at night with the milk protein in the morning has given my skin a boost and I have not evern touched any retin a in ages, so I am sure my results could be even better. I will go back to the retin A in the cooler months but as everyone seems to be scutinising my skin I will forgo that awful peeling even if it means slower results.

36 Re: Obagi irritation on Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
That milk protein is quite a good product especially as it is so reasonably priced. Should really think about getting some more.

37 Re: Obagi irritation on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:08 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh Kim maybe I should try out some of the MP. I have been totally paranoid using hq in the day time. I have had to be out more often than usual lately and I know that there is only so much a sun block can do. I did not want to stop using a lightener in the day time but if you think this has helped that would be great to try. I really do not want to loose any of the lightening I have seen so far. What do you think?

38 Re: Obagi irritation on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:57 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
I think you should try it. I love it and I think it can be good to keep your skin guessing by trying out different things. It works for me

39 Re: Obagi irritation on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:12 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh no I had no idea it has chemical sunscreen in it and there was me talking about the importance of types of sunblock. I really need to read lables more. The thing is I really like how my face is looking. It actually looks like it is now lighter then my body. I had hoped that the Isis would have started getting my body lighter so there would be no mismatching. Do you think the quantity of sunscreen is small enough for me to just continue for now till I find a good replacement? I still have quite a bit left.

40 Re: Obagi irritation on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:22 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:Oh no I had no idea it has chemical sunscreen in it and there was me talking about the importance of types of sunblock. I really need to read lables more. The thing is I really like how my face is looking. It actually looks like it is now lighter then my body. I had hoped that the Isis would have started getting my body lighter so there would be no mismatching. Do you think the quantity of sunscreen is small enough for me to just continue for now till I find a good replacement? I still have quite a bit left.

It is 3% sunscreen so it is a small quantity and at least it is only one sunscreen ingredient rather than a long list of sunscreen agents. As I already had the Obagi I decided that I could avoid the nainola. I agree it is a great product for lightening but I personally did not feel comfortable with applying a chemical sunscreen however small. And congrats for your achievements using it !!!

41 Re: Obagi irritation on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:25 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
yogi wrote:Oh Kim maybe I should try out some of the MP. I have been totally paranoid using hq in the day time. I have had to be out more often than usual lately and I know that there is only so much a sun block can do. I did not want to stop using a lightener in the day time but if you think this has helped that would be great to try. I really do not want to loose any of the lightening I have seen so far. What do you think?

I agree with angeleyes it is worth a try. it is relatively cheap. Though I cannot vouch for the ingredients, so far so good.

42 Re: Obagi irritation on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:14 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
KIM wrote:
quiamontana wrote:Oh no I had no idea it has chemical sunscreen in it and there was me talking about the importance of types of sunblock. I really need to read lables more. The thing is I really like how my face is looking. It actually looks like it is now lighter then my body. I had hoped that the Isis would have started getting my body lighter so there would be no mismatching. Do you think the quantity of sunscreen is small enough for me to just continue for now till I find a good replacement? I still have quite a bit left.

It is 3% sunscreen so it is a small quantity and at least it is only one sunscreen ingredient rather than a long list of sunscreen agents. As I already had the Obagi I decided that I could avoid the nadinola. I agree it is a great product for lightening but I personally did not feel comfortable with applying a chemical sunscreen however small. And congrats for your achievements using it !!!

Well I think I will continue for now. It would be a waste to throw it away since it is doing it's job. I never threw it away the first time I used it when it did not seem to work and I had extra jars then which I still have. Someone actually said I looked lighter. I wanted to jump up and down but had to act cool like I had no idea what they were talking about. I brushed it off saying I had not been out much in the sun because of studying. Thank God I had the rest of my body covered otherwise she would have thought why is your face so much lighter than your body? I am going to reduce usage because I don't want to be caught out but this darn Isis 10 % is not doing anything

43 Re: Obagi irritation on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 am

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Way to go Quiam !!! It's a lovely feeling when someone acknowledges that things have changed. It acts as good confirmation as often we don't notice things oursleves. Keep it up !!!

44 Re: Obagi irritation on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:15 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Congrats quiamontana!!! Thats what we love to hear. Smart move to slow down a bit so you don't have a face that stands out from your body. Just need to get your body to catch up now Very Happy

45 Re: Obagi irritation on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:28 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Oh thanks guys. It certainly made my day and I know for sure the nadinola is working this time around. Luckily it was someone who is not very opinionated and I know she was not being nasty when she made her comment. I am sure I will get some unwanted remark from someone but will not let it stop me from achieving my goal

46 Re: Obagi irritation on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:32 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Are you still using it with retin A?

47 Re: Obagi irritation on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:00 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I stil use the retin A but less often as the sun as been relentless here. I have been avoiding going out in the day as much as I can but I am still concerned that my skin may be more sensitive to the sun. I do not want to undo what I have achieved so taking precautions

48 Re: Obagi irritation on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:46 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I have been totally paranoid myself. Though the weather has calmed down a bit in London there are times in the day when the sun feels very strong and unfortunatley I have not always been able to avoid going out. It is one of ther reasons I have stopped using hq in the day. And as for RA, well the peeling has made me reduce it as well. When winter comes and people ae not straining to look at my face (lol), I should be able to go back to the RA and the hq. Though by the looks of it I may be able to just stick to once a day application of hq.

49 Re: Obagi irritation on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:45 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
What are you using when you are not applying the hq then?

50 Re: Obagi irritation on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
I use skin nouveau milk protein gel. It seems to be ok and I am praying it does not have anything questionable in it

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Forumotion.com | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum