The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1 Compounding HQ on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:00 am

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
First topic message reminder :

Hi, I'm a new and I stumbled upon this site when I was googling skin lightening creams. I am trying to lighten about 4 or 5 shades and learned that I could do this by compounding hq with dipropylene glycol.

Is anybody here compounding hq and finding success? Just wanted to know how far along others are coming

26 Re: Compounding HQ on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
No, lotioncrafters didnt say if it could be used with hq. I just randomly picked it out. I hope it works because i bought a decent size to last me a while

27 Re: Compounding HQ on Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:44 am

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
Im starting to notice a difference now.I notice the most lightening on my face, my complexion is getting a more yellow tone to it which shows I'm getting lighter. I'd also like to add that I've been doing a lactic acid peel which seems to be helping

my hands show a subtle difference. I may need to do a peel on them so the hq can penetrate better. and I notice a subtle difference on my body like the stomach.

overall a noticeable difference on the face but a very subtle difference on my body like the stomach and hands. nothing major or significant. nobody would notice it but me

it seems promising. i hear it takes a few months before I start to see anything major on the body.

28 Re: Compounding HQ on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ava Yay!!!! At least you are seeing something. This gives me more of a push to try this out when the Isis is done. I agree that realistically a couple of months should be needed to see a good change on your body.

29 Re: Compounding HQ on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 pm

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
lol thanks qiamontana.

compounding is WAAAAY cheaper, and more convienient. it is soo easy to make. i didn't even put the cream in an opaque bottle, i just poured it right back into the jar that the cream came in

btw, I am using cetaphil cream

30 Re: Compounding HQ on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:36 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
I know when i started compounding, they recommend only mixing one weeks worth of product at a time. It has worked for me so far, that way you have a lesser risk of wasting product and money.

31 Re: Compounding HQ on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:34 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
blackgirl is that what you have been using on your face to get it lighter

32 Re: Compounding HQ on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:47 am

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
I am satisfied with the progress the compounding has done to my face. I want to focus more on my body now, like lightening my dark knuckles.

33 Re: Compounding HQ on Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:50 am

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
Have you tried the occluding method for your knuckles? Although I have not been really focusing on my hands partcularly, I have been using an exfoliator that has glycolic acid in it called DCL and applying this to my hands and then wearing plastic gloves at night a few times and it has brightened my knuckles well. I can imagine that adding a lightner as well would show an even better difference.

34 Re: Compounding HQ on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am seriously thinking about compounding, It sounds like results are better than even the Isis 10%

35 Re: Compounding HQ on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:33 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Not to mention cheaper too!!!

36 Re: Compounding HQ on Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ava how are your results going?

37 Re: Compounding HQ on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:17 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Please update Ava.I am mot seeing any change with the Isis so need to look at other options.

38 Re: Compounding HQ on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:53 pm

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
I wasn't able to keep up the regimen. The hq kept turning brown after a few hours using the cetaphil.(the first batch I made lasted me a week but the second batch turned brown after a few hours/day and so did the third batch) So now I am thinking about buying the DiPropylene Glycol and see how this goes.

currently I am using fair and flawless.

39 Re: Compounding HQ on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 am

Lily

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Are you girls still having trouble mixing your hq, we compound it all the time its super easy.

40 Re: Compounding HQ on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
Ava sorry to hear that it is not going to plan. Maybe the use of a different carrier should help. Have you been adding the preservative as well?

41 Re: Compounding HQ on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:35 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Ava wrote:I wasn't able to keep up the regimen. The hq kept turning brown after a few hours using the cetaphil.(the first batch I made lasted me a week but the second batch turned brown after a few hours/day and so did the third batch) So now I am thinking about buying the DiPropylene Glycol and see how this goes.

currently I am using fair and flawless.
Oh sorry that's too bad. Please let me know if you manage to do it successfully. Some say it is easy but then others seem to have the same issues as you. Are you using the Fair Flawless on body or face. Their range is sooooo expensive. Could not think about using it for the body. I would have to sell myseelf to keep that up lol!

42 Re: Compounding HQ on Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:54 am

fizi

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
To Lily, How are you compounding your hq? What carrier are you using. I want to start shopping for the ingridents soon.

43 Re: Compounding HQ on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Ava

Accepted
Accepted
angeleyes wrote:Ava sorry to hear that it is not going to plan. Maybe the use of a different carrier should help. Have you been adding the preservative as well?

Yeah, I would add the preservative and it would still turn brown very quickly. using diproplene glycol would be a better option than using the cetaphil cream.

right now I am using the fair and flawless faical cream on my face (not body) and it works okay. it's not as good as the parfait but it will do for now.

lately I haven't been as diligent with my skin lightening regimen as I was a few months ago. ive been so preoccupied with other things that it just kinda took a backseat. but right now I am looking for something that is really going to work. apparently from lurking on SCT 'megatoner' is supposed to be the new miracle cream that gives good results. but i will proceed with caution b/c a lot of the products over there beintg talked about are dangerous and potentially are laced with steroids and mercury. i dont want to mess up my skin. its already expensive trying to lighten it will be even more expensive trying to reverse damage that has been done

44 Re: Compounding HQ on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:33 pm

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Personally I would wait a bit to hear more feedback for this product. Often you get all the hype about a product and then later comes the not too good stories. Hopefully this will not be the case but time will tell.......

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum