The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

1 I can't believe I bought the 10% on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

Well the Little Miss impatience in me gave in and ordered the 10% hq from Isis. I am having good results from the nadinola and retin a and want something for my body. I did plan on starting once my face had caught up with my body but as some say the body takes long to lighten I though that I should start now anyway. well that is my excuse lol.

My only concern is the really hot climate I am in and whether I am just asking for trouble. I am faithful to covering up and sunblock but I am still a bit worried. Also maintenance worries me. I wanted to try this because enticing said it was doing great for him and I think I will need something heavy duty for my permatanned body. I will try and keep a review as much as I can. wish me luck Very Happy

101 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Alizeelove,

Yeah I'm gonna bump that HQ down w/ lotion again. I woke up this morning looking a bit bleachy, don't wanna raise an y eyebrows. Btwn the soap 2xs daily, RA 0.1% wkly, & HQ 2xs daily my face its getting a little too white too fast, especially around the mouth. Gonna go back too mixing w/ lotion,(maybe straight HQ once a week only)for the remaining month thanks for that.

Quia,
Have you tried Glytone or DCL for the body? The majority of the successful users seem to use it. I've never tried them myself.

102 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:38 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
That sounds like a good idea. If you ever want a little boost you can try this: lather yourself like normal but then get out of the shower and wait a good thirty minutes to an hour then get back into the shower and rinse it off/finish the rest of your shower. Now I know that may sound weird but it really helped me once and omg I woke the next tday to amazing results and since you're using HQ along with it I can imgaine how nice it could work for you. I recomend you do that just once every couple of days as the soap contains kojic acid which ccan be drying and is,after all, an acid lol.

I thnk gyltone is a great glycolic lotion but the price has gone to like $25 in recent months because more and more people are using it.

103 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
that sounds like a good idea, thanks. I'll try that

104 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
You're welcome flower
I just out on a robe and watch something on the boob tube and then hop my booty into the shower. Also soaking in a nice salt bath once a week and gently massaging the skin helps too.

105 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
@Alizee

what are you currently using?

What are your starting & current complex?

Have you reached your goal?

106 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:16 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Curently I'm just exfoliating like I sadi in an above post until the summer months are gone. I want get rid of as much dead and sun damaged skin as possible and then I will add a lighten cream.

When I was growing up I was always lighter skinned( think a bronzeish brown/lisa bonet) but the years of outside activity really darkend me to a medium brown color. I want to lighten to a nice olive complexion(that would be slightly lighter then when I was younger) or maybe even lighter just to see how light I can get.

Currently I just use a glycolic lotion, ret A(I stopped using that), a salt bath once a week where I don't use anything(to allow my skin to breath) and a loffah plus St. Ives Apricot scrub for my face. I like to keep it simple because that's really all you need.

Ps. I also use a zinc sunblock. And I know about kojie sane cuzback in March I used the soap and it hworked nicely, would've been even better had I been exfoliating properly.

107 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:11 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thanks guys for the tips.I may look at the kojie soap because it is more afordable than the glytone. Lilikoi I am so jealous that you are looking too light. Would love to be having to say that sentence lol

108 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:47 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Girl me too. I can't wait for the day I'm told,"have you been avoiding thesun? Because you look paler." Razz

Kojie san is awesome and very affordable. I suggest you not keep it in the shower after you sue it so it doesn't melt. I suggest plaing it in a zip lock bag and letting the air out. Glytone is getting crazy in their prices, I'm just glad I'm down to once every day or twice three days a week.

109 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:21 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Thanks for the suggestion Alizee. Which are you using lightening or anti aging? Some seem to like one over the other.

110 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:58 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Currently neither but I have used the lightening one,it is an orange color with a citrus scent, I've heard good things about the anti-aging one but since it has all those collagen boosting properties in it the lightening seems to take longer. But overall kojie-san is a nice soap manufacturer.

111 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:56 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Well I have stoppped using the 10% for now. I have decided to continue with further exfoliation just in case this is what is holding things up. I had been using retin A on my body but this my not have been enough. I have purchase the kojie sans and will see how that helps things along. will also being doing some light peels

112 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:14 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
I think I've reached my peak w/ HQ 10, it doesn't seem to be lightening any longer. Well, Diva we're in your hands.

113 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:39 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Lol at Divine Diva. I really hope it is a successful product at a good reasonable price.

114 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:23 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
I think doing peels is a great idea quiamontana.
It is normal to reach a birck wall on a lightening regimen and using an exfoliator should help.

115 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 pm

angeleyes

Accepted
Privileged
quiamontana wrote:Well I have stoppped using the 10% for now. I have decided to continue with further exfoliation just in case this is what is holding things up. I had been using retin A on my body but this my not have been enough. I have purchase the kojie sans and will see how that helps things along. will also being doing some light peels

I am sure you will love the kojie sans. It has done wonders on my face. I have tried both and love them equally

116 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:24 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I am yet to get the peel but I have received the kojie san and will say that although it has only been a couple of days my skin feels so much softer. I am guesing that it is helping with the exfoliating but even if I do not see any lightening this is a very good start for my skin condition. cheers I have placed my hq at the bottom of my drawer and will see how I progress before I decide whether I will try it again, move onto another product or compound.

117 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Kojie-san is great at removing dea layers of skin so hopefully when it helps to peel skin there will be lighter skin underneath Very Happy

118 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:06 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
so update with the kojie san soap. I cannot honestly say whether it has lightened me but my skin does look brighter and I have noticed that some little black pore marks on the tops of my arms have significantly faded. So this is a definite thumbs up for me !!!!

119 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:39 pm

LondonChanel

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Wow, my eyes are tired of reading but i cant stop. I needed the forum in a terrible way... Im ready to start a regimen but i dont know where i can buy this stuff. I went to all day and the retin a is not problem but where can i get hq4% or 10%. Would you advise starting out on 4 as well, or some other pre lightening regimen Question

120 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:42 am

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Well I suggest you start off by just exfoliating. This wayyou'll get rid of layers of sun damaged skin and whatever lightener you use will penetrate deeper;you might also find you do not wish to lighten much once you get rid of the outer skin layers.

Some greaat exfoliants are: GA or LA lotion,Ret A, peels,papaya soaps,micro fiber cloth and weekly salt baths.

And of course SAP(sun avoidance and protection)

121 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:03 am

LondonChanel

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
thanx @alizee i will start with that first, i have been doing a mild exfoliation regularly with st ives apricot scrub for over a year now but i will try a stronger exfoliant. Im sure i want to still lighten up at least three shades my complexion now is about Morris Chestnut color. really deep brown. looks like its a no go on this hq. what will u be using as lightening cream after your exfoliation?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum