The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

1 I can't believe I bought the 10% on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:27 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
First topic message reminder :

Well the Little Miss impatience in me gave in and ordered the 10% hq from Isis. I am having good results from the nadinola and retin a and want something for my body. I did plan on starting once my face had caught up with my body but as some say the body takes long to lighten I though that I should start now anyway. well that is my excuse lol.

My only concern is the really hot climate I am in and whether I am just asking for trouble. I am faithful to covering up and sunblock but I am still a bit worried. Also maintenance worries me. I wanted to try this because enticing said it was doing great for him and I think I will need something heavy duty for my permatanned body. I will try and keep a review as much as I can. wish me luck Very Happy

26 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
@ angeleyes & quiamontana

you make a good point. I'm really ok w/ it mixed w/ Eucerin though. If we could find Enticing then he could chime in about the instructions he received. I'll do some digging around and see if anybody else received their 10% bottles w/o any instructions from Isis. Like a Star @ heaven

27 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:17 pm

urgunnaluvmeh

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Lilikoi, about the Eucerin,I know that you CAN mix it with the HQ only problem is, that it oxidizes very fast, rendering it useless. People don't like going through all the trouble of mixing a batch frequently. I used Propylene Glycol to compound mine, with my oily skin, it's not greasy or sticky.

28 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
@ urgunnaluvmeh

really? I didn't know that. Even if I mix it in my hand, does that still promote oxidation? I really saw good lightening though.

I would absolutely suck at trying to formulate my own, I don't know how you guys do that successfully. I've read formulas on the threads but I would just end up w/ a kitchen fire lol!

You formulate your own w/ the P.G. then?

29 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
update

So today I received an email form Isis informing me that they have atached a document to the email stating the instructions. They said that the issue was that if it was intercepted by customs then there could be a problem. Makes sense now why they abbreviated hydroquinone on the bottle and did not state the full name. Well if it meant that I got it then all good but then they should have sent the email when they originally sent the shipping confirmation. I have been using it for several days now with out the instrutions.

Anyway this is what they stated

HYDROQUINONE CREAM 10%

This is a highly potent deep penetrating skin lightening cream. Please do a skin/patch test before starting regular daily applications. Apply a thin layer to your inner forearm & wait 24 hrs. If there is no severe irritation or inflammation you may began regular use.

:SIDE EFFECTS:
Most people have no side effects or very minor side effects if any when using Hydroquinone Creams. The most common or possible side effects include: Dryness or cracking of the skin if applied around eyes or nose; Minor redness or mild burning sensation at application site. Again, please do the 24 hr skin/patch test to determine skin sensitivity to this cream. If you experience any “severe side effects” to this cream, this means that you’re allergic to either hydroquinone or one of the other ingredients. If this occurs discontinue immediately & seek medical attention.

:DIRECTIONS:
Apply a thin layer to clean intact skin 1-2 times daily. DO NOT apply to broken, raw, inflamed, damaged, injured or irritated skin.

:WARNING:
This cream has a high content of hydroquinone. If you have NO experience with hydroquinone creams, and have not recently been using any. DO NOT start off applying this cream at full strength. You must first dilute this hydroquinone cream then gradually increase dosage. This must be done until your skin becomes acclimated to such a high dose of hydroquinone. If you start off applying this cream at full strength, it may cause “rebound darkening”. The bleaching cream still works but your skin will get darker before getting lighter, which will take longer for you to see any lightening results. To avoid rebound-darkening, make sure you dilute this bleaching cream during initial use. It’s better to use a light-weight hypo-allergenic lotion that doesn’t contain fragrance or mineral oil. This ensures that it doesn’t irritate skin, absorbs completely, and doesn’t clog pores. We recommend diluting it with - Eucerin:“Daily Replenishing Lotion” Alternatives: Aveeno:”Daily Moisturizing Lotion”

SUGGESTED REGIMEN FOR INITIAL USE:
Week 1 : Dilute with lotion (1 part HQ cream + 3 Parts Lotion). Apply once a day
Week 2 : Dilute with lotion (1 part HQ cream + 1 Parts Lotion). Apply twice a day
Week 3 : Dilute with lotion (3 part HQ cream + 1 Parts Lotion). Apply twice a day
Week 4 : Use full strength. Apply once a day
Week 5 : Use full strength. Apply twice day

When you start using this cream at full strength, only apply a thin layer.
Don’t waste product by applying an excessive amount. A little goes a long way, and if you
apply too much you’ll get a “caking” effect on the skin. If this happens, just wipe off the excess.

:TIPS:
Keep your skin exfoliated. You won’t see much results if you aren’t exfoliating your skin. Either do it manually (scrub brush, loofah, etc.) or chemically (Retin-A, glycolic, salicylic acid, etc). Be careful when exfoliating, do not injure your skin by scrubbing to hard and making it raw. DO NOT apply this cream to raw skin, it will only further damage it and cause rebound darkening. ALWAYS wear sun screen while using skin lighteners to prevent skin re-darkening and to prevent skin irritation, even if you’re fully clothed. Keep bottle out of sunlight in a cool dry place to prolong shelf life. Please download our “SKIN LIGHTENING: Tips 4 Best Results” and “Chemical Peel” guides from our website.

:SUGGESTIONS:
Hydroquinone based skin lighteners are great for lightening skin but they aren’t recommended for long term usage. If you use HQ creams very seldom and only whenever you get blemishes or scars until they’ve cleared up, don’t worry you’re fine. However, If you are a frequent user of Hydroquinone Creams on a daily bases (2ce a day everyday) the recommended use is no more than 3 months at a time. Then at least take a break for a while before starting back up, and/or use a more natural skin lightener in the meantime. We do make a natural skin lightener called “Natralite”. Visit our website for more information about this product.

:INGREDIENTS:
Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone (10%), Dimethyl Isosorbide (penetration enhancer), Sodium Sulfite (food grade anti-oxidant), Collagen Amino Acids

Inactive Ingredients: Aloe Vera Gel (organic, food grade), Steric Acid (natural thickener), Emulsifying Wax, Carbomer, JoJoba Oil, Vegetable Based Solvent (food grade), Vitamin-E Oil, Vitamin-A, Vitamin-B, Distilled Water, Glycerin, Sunflower Seed Oil, Soybean Oil, Oat Protein, Keratin

! WARNING ! : IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO HYDROQUINONE OR IT’S DERIVATIVES DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. IF YOU HAVE KNOWN ALLERGIES TO ANY OF THE INGREDIENTS IN THIS PRODUCT DO NOT USE. THIS PRODUCT IS TO BE USED BY ADULTS 18+ ONLY. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT FOR USE ON PREGNANT OR NURSING MOTHERS. IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY TAKING MEDICATION FOR SOME ILLNESS OR CONDITION, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING THIS PRODUCT OR ANY OTHER HYDROQUINONE BASED SKIN LIGHTENERS.

Now so far so good. I have not seen a irritation and like they say a little goes a long way. I have noticed that sometimes I cough as I am applying it to my arms. The fumes (sorry the only way I can describe it) seem quite potent and seem to get to my chest. They are not wrong that is strong stuff.I cannot imagine using this all over. I will telll you when I see any lightening

30 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:09 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
wow! mine doesn't smell strong at all, it's really faint in fact. Well that'S good you got your instructions. They're the same as mine.

What are you using on your face then?

31 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Really? Mine nearly knocks my head off. Maybe I am not diluting it enough. Have you started using it by itself yet. Let me know if you notice what I am talking about,when you do. It is a really chemical smell to it. I would not say I have a particularly sensitive nose either.

I am using nadinola and ra on my face which is working nicely. I doubt I would be able to use this Isis on my face anyway.

32 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
I finally had gotten to the point of using it alone but it never was strong smelling even on it's own. There is a chemical smell but it's not detectable unless you put nose right up to it, and I have an extremely keen sense of smell. We have received 2 different fragrant strengths you & I.

I understand your hesitance on your face, mainly due to the strong odor your bottle has. Stick w/ what works,is the Nadinola is 2% HQ? The low percentages of HQ are safe for long term use, (my buddy is a derm & swears by HQ).I had VERY LIGHT results on my face however w/ the 10%HQ, just gotta mix it though.

While I'm cheating and using another product on my body for now, which is working, once my body catches up w/ my lighty McBright face then I'll resume my HQ/RA/Eucerin mix mainly b/c it's more affordable.

Are you seeing lightening yet? Do you have virgin skin? If so, would you consider a serious set of peels?

33 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 pm

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
The difference in odour does sound odd. Surely they should be making specific calculations even if it is being made by hand. When I was doing reserach on the Isis eye drops some people were stated the MSM drops stung while others felt nothing. Now there could be a case of people have different tolerance levels but again it sounds like different strengths to me. just my opinion though

34 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Yogi I have absolutely no explantion :

35 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:39 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Liliikoi I am so surprised that you do not have the same odour. It is almost like sniffing strong smelling salts or some thing similar. It does look like we have received different items. The nadinola is 3% and so far it has lightenined me some. I would like to bump it up later on but my budget will not allow me to make any more purchases for now. So far I think I am seeing a very small amount of skin evening from the Isis. There is nothing significant but I am only using it once a day. I am scared to use this strong smelling stuff too often

36 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:27 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
I got mine last week, i havent used it yet. I have the 10% from Isis, I havent noticed a strong smell though. I only opened it to smell it, and i still have not used it as of yet. My face had gotten soooo much lighter than the rest of my body, i had to slow down. Plus my armpits, thighs and back of my calves got really agitated....i guessing from the retinA. Im having a hard time getting my legs and arms to get with the program. And since i took a break...ive darkened a little, ugh! But i bought some eucerin lotion and im starting my Isis tonight!!

37 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:30 pm

blackgirl

Visitor
Visitor
@Lilikoi....so how are you mixing your Isis....do you just mix a little in your hand for each application!? or do you pour a certain amount of hq in a container and then 3 parts equal (individually) of eucerin, to the initial amount of hq added....meaning...30mls of hq and then 120mls of eucerin?

38 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:32 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
@ blackgirl

yours doesn't smell strong either huh? That's messed up they sent Quiamontana something so freaking strong smelling. But I just apply for ex:

wk 1= 30ml HQ + 90ml Eucerin (1:3)

wk 2= 60ml HQ + 60ml Eucerin (1:1)

wk 3= 90ml HQ + 30ml Eucerin (3:1)

wk 4= 120ml HQ

For those other than Blackgirl:
we only used these measurements as examples, you can mix more or less of these milliliter amounts, it's the ratio that's important. If the ratios are confusing for you, scroll back to pg 2. post 29 to Quiamontana's instructions which may be easier to understand.

I mix it in my hand,measure it by eye,like 1 dime size blob of HQ and 3 dime size blobs of Eucerin.You may want to use kitchen measuring spoons for more precise measurements and mix in a small bowl since the HQ is so runny compared to the Eucerin, but not required. I just always mix as I go in the palm of my hand as to avoid any oxidation -which I've read many horror stories about products ending up getting wasted- I'm totally new at this and not taking any chances.

My 4 blobs usually covers my feet & legs, repeat and work my way upwards continuing to mix in my palm. My thinnest skin areas peeled like the devil i.e. back of knees, under breasts,inner thighs. You may want to go easier w/ the RA in those areas.

I know what you mean about the face getting crazy light. Hmmm...sounds like you may still have some old permatan to get rid of? That slows things down to a snail's pace w/o some serious exfoliating. Throwing a wkly LA peel in there will help the retin A.

Hope I answered your question Like a Star @ heaven

39 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:30 am

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Wooah this all sounds like what is going on with Latisha lip lightner. Mine was thick & hard to mix but most said theirs was runny. Some said they saw peeling with it but in all of the weeks I have used it I have yet to see any peeeling. I have not seen much lightening change either. Man I hate that these companies are sending all sorts of strengths. The price paid should guarantee better. I wonder which of you has the strongest batch?

40 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:05 pm

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
well it could be me OR it could be that I have less of the hq and more of the chemicals that they use to dissolve it. Either way my arms really started to itch yesterday out of the blue and there were bumps all over them so I did not apply it today. The bumps have gone but I got scared thinking I would have the same problem my friend had with Carolight and that took her a while before the bumps went. I will try again tomorrow and see what happens. I may dilute it even more just to be extra safe. No real lightening as yet but it has only been a week

41 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:58 pm

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Bumps? or little pimples?

42 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

GOTHQUEEN

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
quiamontana hope there are no further problems

43 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 am

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
thanks gothqueen

Lilikoi sorry I meant more like a rash of pimples. I was feeling a bit stressed that day and it felt like they were bumps. They were all over my upper arms and itched like crazy. They have disappeared overnight like I said and so far I have not noticed any more trouble

44 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:18 am

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Ok, good to hear,you scared me for a minute Like a Star @ heaven

45 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Alizee love

Aristocracy
Aristocracy
Quiamontana you my be alletic to HQ. I have heard of a very few cases where this occurs. If i were you I would use it a few more times and if you still get that reaction stop and try a lower strength Hq product like say nadinola, it could be 10% is too strong, if you still get the bumps HQ probably just is not for you.

46 Natural Skin caring on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:09 am

emilylouboutin

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
naturalskincaring.com
If you want a skin care treatment that is gentile to your skin, but still gets the job done, try an all natural skin care series created by Natural Skin caring PRODUCTS.

47 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:04 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
^^ huh???????

48 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 am

emilylouboutin

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
mean that you can go to my website shop naturalskincaring.com to buy some skin care product

49 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:25 am

yogi

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I think you misunderstod me because you have posted in an unrelated thread.This is about hq 10%. Start a new thread if you have to share your spam but in all honesty we would rather not have it here at all. thanks

50 Re: I can't believe I bought the 10% on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:51 am

emilylouboutin

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
ok.sorry for that!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | © PunBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum