The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Skin Philosophy
Welcome to The Skin Philosophy

As a guest you will not be able to view the complete website, including before & after photos, and complete product reviews. Please register in order to gain full access. Once registered, post an intro before posting in the other forums.

- The Skin Philosophy Team
The Skin Philosophy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To The Skin Philosophy Forum: The Forum For Skin Care and Other Interests To Be Deciphered And To Enlighten

Discover the Philosophy of Skin Care: Exploration of the Nature, Causes, and Principles of Knowledge

Latest topics
» Aloe Vera for Anti - Aging
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 am by vairclair

» Anti-Aging Facial Mask
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 4:21 am by vairclair

» how can I make my stretchmarks go away??
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am by Emma3535

» 8 Unhealthy Habits to Kick in 2010
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 6:18 am by tisasmith

» New Way To Watch Online Movies
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:45 am by shaunpolak

» Essentials Of Skin Care
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 am by David147

» skin care tips for beauty skin
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:13 am by David147

» Prevent Skin Aging
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:10 am by David147

» Anyone Tried Pink Grapefruit Facial Scrub?
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:07 am by David147

» Tips for applying mineral makeup with kabuki brush?
Has anyone tried Metasol Medicated skin lightening gel? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2015 7:04 am by David147

TSP AFFILIATES

Askusweb.com - Get Free Advice from Experts

Whiterskin.info - Learn how to lighten your skin safely.

Skinverse.com - Home remedies for acne, keloids, scars, melasma, and much more!

All Day Chemist - Indian prescription drug store best resource pharmaceutical sales.

Skinwhite.com - Dark Circles Under Eyes & Skin Whitening Treatments.

Dermacarefla.com- Laser hair removal.

The Conversation Chamber

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mike90

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
I got nadinola extra strength and also metasol medicated skin lightening gel, basically i would like to know which one is the faster skin lightner.

quiamontana

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
I have not heard of metasol. What is the key ingredient? I ahve been using nadinola. I tried it a while back and did not see much change but then used it again with retin A on advice from someone on this board and I have definitely seen results. So much so that someone told me my skin looked different. Hopefully it will work well for you too. I just wish they had a body version as well. The jars are too small to be using it all over without needing a lot of jars.

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Mike90 I have not tried the meatsol but did a serach of the foruma and came across a thread where the ingredients were being questioned. It appears that it may contain mercury or steriods but this has not been confirmed but a member said that it did cause damgae to their skin. I have not come across many people having major issues with nadinola so would say that this is the more preferred safer option. You may find that metasol lightens quicker but this does not mean it is better. I believe it cointains hq as it's active ingredient like nadinola. here is the thread if you care to read

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KIM

Valued Contributor
Privileged
Valued ContributorPrivileged
I came across this with the ingredient list. I could not pick out anything that looks like a steroid but then we know that many companies do not dislcose this anyway. I noted that like nadinola it has added sunscreen which I personally do not like but like quiam and gothq said, not a lot of people have a problem with nadinola. I have used nadinola myself and felt it worked well but stopped due to the added sunscreen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mike90

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Thank you all for the great information, i have few more questions tho, what is retin A and where can you get that product? also has anyone tried Dr. fred summit tone & bleach cream, sorry for all the questions its just i here good things about nadinola but by itself it seems like it doesnt really show much results.

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Retin A (Tretinoin) is a derivative of vitamin A. It is commonly used for acne, comdones and whiteheads. It basically increases the cell turnover of the skin and unplugs trapped dirt and impurities deep down within the pores and brings them to the surface. Thus allowing for the skin to be improved in perfection. It also prevents further breakouts. It has also been used to treat wrinkles. Why it is useful for skin lightening products, is that it can help with the product to be driven deeper into the skin and therefore to work more efficiently. So that coupled with the anti aging benefits and the skin clearing abilities is generally a win win situation.

It comes in a variety of strengths generally 0.025% (lowest) 0.05% and 0.1% (strongest). There are other strengths lower but this is the most common. Now retin A is not for everyone. Some people can get bad reactions from it and break out. Often this is a passing phase but some find it hard to tolerate and give up. Especially when the skin looks worse than when you started but this generally is the manifestation of the impurities coming to the surface and showing as spots and breakouts that you may not be accustomed to. For some this may not even manifest or be mild. The main thing is to listen to your skin. If it feels red or irritated or overly dry then you should reduce usage or give yourself a break. A very small amount of retin A is needed in order to get the benefits and using too much can irritate the skin. It is also a good idea to introduce it slowly, so use it every few nights at first and then increase as your skin gets used to it. Note it should only be used at night and never in the day. Another side effect you may experience is peeling which again may be irritating but can be very gently eased with warmed oil or a microfibre cloth. Whatever you do, never ever scrub at your skin, or peel/pick the skin or you could cause post inflammotory hyperpigmentation where your skin darkens in response to over exfoliation.

Most people start of at a precentage of 0.05% or if you have sensitive skin 0.025%. Once you go down this route and any lightening regime, for that matter, you need to make sure you are using a good physical sun block containing a high percentage of zinc, particularly important as you are in Florida.

You can get retin A from places like All day chemist, Reliable RX, superskin store, sell.com and ioffer. Please take care with your order . Some people have noted problems with their credit cards later on, particularly when placing orders at All day chemist but I have not noted this myself. You may also see that shipping is high for some places but this can be offset by buying in bulk. I did forget to ask you what area you will be working on. The percentages for the retin A have been based for the face and neck but most people tolerate the high 0.1% on the body relatively well. It may only be sensitive areas like the back of the knees and inside of the elbow that may need to be treated with more care. HTH

rainbow

Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
Mike90 wrote:Thank you all for the great information, i have few more questions tho, what is retin A and where can you get that product? also has anyone tried Dr. fred summit tone & bleach cream, sorry for all the questions its just i here good things about nadinola but by itself it seems like it doesnt really show much results.

I know someone who said they tried Dr Fred but thought it was too greasy. I think it comes a bit like a vaseline kind consistency so couod be ok on the body but not sure about the face

lightskinned22

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
my friend uses Retin A and she swore by it she's been on retin for almost 5years now
her skin didnt get totally light like she wanted to but with combinations other things it looks good on her
what i like about it is that, it seems safer than quick steriods liquids etc
never heard of metasol though

Lilikoi

Accepted
Accepted
Been using the RA 0.1%/Nadinola 3% combo for less than a week and seeing my HQ 10& color returning (not that I ever completely lost it but was fading) and with a yellow tone, not bleached looking like before.

lila

Quiet Type
Quiet Type
Haven't heard of Metasol. I'm not also buying hq ideas now since I learned that it's really dangerous to the skin and is actually banned in some countries. Anyway, I guess you really have to do your own research of the ingredients and judge for yourself. Some helpful ingredients for a skin care product are lanolin, sheep placenta extract (helps in tightening the skin) and manuka honey. See the link below for a more detailed description of the ingredients.

http://www.maxalife.com/skin-care

GOTHQUEEN

GOTHQUEEN
Novice
Privileged
NovicePrivileged
What's your current regime?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | Society and Culture | Beauty, Celebrities, Fashion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com